Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Everyone excited about the prospect of a Margaret Thatcher Day?
  • maccruiskeen

We pretend we are all in together but only those who can afford it get the day off?

Surely its only people who are on the side of hardworking families that are all in it together that would get the day off.

grum
    Free Member

Maybe we should have a day celebrating Pinochet, Pol Pot and apartheid as well (some of her favourite things).

footflaps

Surely its only people who are on the side of hardworking families that are all in it together that would get the day off.

Plus people on benefits would be made to work as serfs for hard working families. Single mums would also be locked in stocks on village greens and pelted with veg for being a drain on tax payers resources. You’d also be allowed to hunt immigrants using a bow and arrow.

cybicle
    Free Member

Actually why wait til they’re dead? I’ll get collecting pallets for George Osborne Night, we can have it tomorrow.

And why even bother with an effigy, when we can have the real thing? 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member

Dead and still annoying the lefties. Awesome. 😀

It’s difficult to imagine a more good humoured and restraint thread where the topic is Thatcher. In fact I can’t recall the last time I saw a thread dealing with any politician showing this much good humour and restraint.

yunki
    Free Member

it’s almost celebratory in nature

ding dong

Northwind

cybicle – Member

And why even bother with an effigy, when we can have the real thing?

Well I thought that part went without saying! I’m not sure he’d burn, though.

cybicle
    Free Member

Ooh I don’t know; he’s certainly oily enough. Should burn for ages.

(Whilst simultaneously providing warmth for some of those ‘hardworking families’ the tories like to bang on about so much)

binners

I think we could join together as a nation and celebrate her legacy in the most appropriate manner possible

ianv
    Free Member

Well I thought that part went without saying! I’m not sure he’d burn, though.

Driving a stake through his heart and shooting him with silver bullets might just work.

Thatcher Day, FFS 🙄 Someone definitely has their finger on the pulse of the Nation.

epicyclo

That should help crystallise the referendum vote up here 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you read the bill it excludes Scotland from it

i assume this is so it can have Wee eck day

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one’s posted this, we already have a celebratory song why do we need a day ?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jn8K8EA7-Q[/video]

crikey
    Free Member

The chap in that photo is 100% Northern; it’s hot enough not to wear a shirt, but he’s taken his coat just in case…

Blackhound

Yes Jambalaya, loads of songs, Billy Bragg, Fine Young Cannibals, Christy Moore for a start. Could be a day of music and tea )with Pinochet).

It does seem odd for the most divisive politician of recent years (ever?) to have a day named after her when wounds have certainly not healed in many parts of the nation. And Scotland. Not well thought out.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ll still work on a Margret Thatcher day as I need to earn money to pay bills for utilities that she sold that we already owned.

The cow!

Sandwich

You burn if you want, this chancellor’s not for burning!

That seems vaguely familiar 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Ein volk, ein reich, ein maggie

konabunny
    Free Member

The chap in that photo is 100% Northern; it’s hot enough not to wear a shirt, but he’s taken his coat just in case…

Notts Forest tattoo on back?

crankboy
    Free Member

I do hope this gets in . The parties will be fab . It will be the new Guy Fawkes Night with quasi contemporary relevance. Less chance of the bonfire being put out by rain too.

Greybeard
    Free Member

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/margaretthatcherday.html

This Bill is a Private Member’s Bill. If you wish to know more about the bill please contact its sponsor, Mr Peter Bone.

Mr Peter Bone is the Conservative MP for Wellingborough

El-bent
    Free Member

Less chance of the bonfire being put out by rain too.

Not if you pour enough petrol on it. It seems that the streets in the 80’s were mostly on fire.I always thought it was a policy introduced by her oil company director husband to sell more petrol. 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Everyone excited about the prospect of a Margaret Thatcher Day?’ is closed to new replies.