Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Every good workbench should have a……….???
  • willard

Definitely a bench vice, they are worth their weight in semi-precious metals.

I added a large sheet of ply behind my bench to hang my tools on and some small trays for all the fiddly screws, nuts and bolts. Ah yes, and a pillar drill.

JoeG
    Free Member

…good selection of unfinished projects! 😐

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these for over 30 years now, very handy, and I treated myself to a pillar drill a couple of years ago.

househusband

@petefromearth

I assume you made that bench yourself..? Looks great, and very much like Paul Sellers design.

Every good workbench should have some weight to it so it doesn’t move when you need to exert some force…

weeksy

Coffee machine, paper dispenser, wet wipes, shelf on top.

Vice, I’d like one but it ain’t essential.

Superficial
    Free Member

Vice, I’d like one but it ain’t essential.

Well that’s just wrong.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Space.

I built 1 bench for my table top tools – pillar drill , bench grinder , and put all my air tools on the wall behind them, beside the regulators and hose reels.

Then the other bench has only a 4 inch vice on.

At somepoint ill sink a parts washer into the tool bench. ( on the left)

richmars

Whiteboard and pens, to write stuff you need to order from CRC.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A guru meditation error.

petefromearth

@househusband
    Yep it is indeed based on the Paul Sellers bench. Finished it exactly 1 year ago today and I know I’ll have it for life. It weighs a tonne. Still a few things I would like to add as time goes on like storage underneath and holes for dogs. I really recommend it as a project to anyone with an interest in woodwork.

househusband

Cheers, Pete – looks very good! Have a mate making one now and can’t wait to see the finished bench.

Mine shall have to wait as I’ve just spent rather lots on a new lathe…

singlespeedstu

Not sure if it’s workshop specific or not but some people should have a breathalyser fitted to their keyboard so it doesn’t work when they’re pished…

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Every good workbench should have a……….???’ is closed to new replies.