• This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Every day should start like this…
  • takisawa2

IMAG1000 by pten2106, on Flickr

8)

svalgis
    Free Member

Very nice. I have to get out there myself I reckon!

kcr
    Free Member

Breakfast:

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Great pics guys. KCR where was your picture taken?

I went out on a fifty mile hilly road ride, I fished my bike out of the car checked to see if I had a tube, found I hadn’t but thought it’s too good a day to waste. So went for it. I’m glad I did, I saw more cyclists than cars on lovely quiet back roads. I dodged the headwinds through the valleys and on the climbs then picked up a huge tailwind home. Road rides that good don’t happen too often.

peterfile
    Free Member

Woke up early, kissed mrs file as she left for work and pretended I had some important stuff to do….

45 minutes later I was starting the Glen Loin loop on the new steed. Still buzzing after getting back to Arrochar, with plenty of life left in the legs, I decided to push half way up Ben Donich and charge back down. Bliss.

kcr
    Free Member

KCR where was your picture taken?

You’re going to kick yourself if I tell you…

birky
    Free Member

kcr; loch leven from bishop hill ?

mattjg
    Free Member

@taki tried wider bars? 😉

andypaul99
    Free Member

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/73280447@N07/876797823

takisawa2

Tried some 745mm ones but didn’t get on with them. Those are 680mm & feel nice.

kcr
    Free Member

Yes, Bishop Hill

weeksy

2 hours along the coast at St David’s for me, starting out at 6.10am as I was bored. Got very windy and a bit wet at the end, but its Wales, its bound to happen!

Tom83

I was out on the bmx this morning, beautiful morning to be out riding.

freddiest

Flat as a pancake where I live so went for a run this morning…… it was rubbish 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Peterfile in “cycling post” shocker!

tonyg2003

Got up 28degrees beautiful sunshine, crystal blue water off on the trails for 2hours then windsurfing this afternoon. Ace

peterfile
    Free Member

Peterfile in “cycling post” shocker!

Tell me about it! 2 years and 2 months after being told to stay off the bike, I’m finally back in the saddle 🙂

Honestly, it felt like something out of a cheesy Hollywood movie as I rode that loop, grinning like a maniac and just enjoying being on a bike.

Although, I was half way up Ben Donich, looking back at what I was about to ride down and suddenly thought….hmmmm, this is how you ended up having to take an extended holiday from bikes in the first place you muppet! Enthusiasm > Skills 🙂

Fingers crossed, I’ve been strengthening my core gradually for a long time now and not had any further problems.

I honestly can’t believe how much I missed being on a bike. I was dancing in the car the whole way up the A82!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

KCR where was your picture taken?

You’re going to kick yourself if I tell you…

I thought it looked local.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

jsolewis
    Free Member

To KCR – sorry to refer to another closed post, but saw your 4 day fort william / montrose mtb epic, and wondered if you could tell me a bit more?

jsolewis
    Free Member

to kcr – sorry, my e mail (re last post) is jsolewis@yahoo.co.uk, thanks

kevj
    Free Member

Not the best pic as my phone captured either the ground or the sky, but it was beautiful in ‘real life’.

whattyre
    Free Member

great pics peterfile!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oooh I had no idea you were on a lay-off PF, I thought you just liked hanging out here 😛

bigbadbob
    Free Member

peterfile That looks really nice. What a great place to ride.

kcr
    Free Member

What do you want to know about the C2C? It’s a few years since I rode it, so you will probably be able to get more up to date accounts, but happy to try and answer questions.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Every day should start like this…’ is closed to new replies.