Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ever wondered why your eyes water in the cold…?
  • I_did_dab
    Free Member

Well now you know…Nature Medicine

sam_underhill

Well, there are a lot of big word in that explanation. I’m not sure I’m any the wiser!

markinoxon
    Free Member

“Deletion of the cold-transducing ion channel Transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 8 (TRPM8) in mice abrogates cold responsiveness and reduces basal tearing without affecting nociceptor-mediated irritative tearing”

I knew it was that!

markinoxon
    Free Member

MarkDatz
    Free Member

no

hels
    Free Member

Yes.

Have also wondered whether my contact lenses will freeze, in this Coldest I Have Ever Been weather.

So do keep me posted for the next chapter.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Still wondering personally!

wwaswas

Blinded by science.

The irony.

DezB
    Free Member

What about my nose?

5lab

mine water when I yawn as well. quite a lot. Makes me look like I’m weeping at some tv which is in fact mind numbingly boring

nasher
    Free Member

Have also wondered whether my contact lenses will freeze, in this Coldest I Have Ever Been weather.

Ive been in -41 wearing contacts…no problem….now sipping a beer in a tin on your lips for more than 2 seconds in -41 i wouldnt reccommend..

dreednya

I’ve had probems with my contacts in very cold weather at night when going down descents at speed. I think the problem is that on long descents such as the ClimachX final descent, I don’t blink very much. On two different occasions I have attempted to blink about half way down and found that it is as though the contact lens is twice as thick as normal and does not allow my eyelid to pass over it. Feels very very weird. The first time repeated attempts at blinking finally worked, but the second time the contact lens pinged out of my eye scratching the surface as it did so :o(. Pretty painful. I now force myself to blink lots on descents at night in the winter.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ever wondered why your eyes water in the cold…?’ is closed to new replies.