Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • ever steer clear of riding certain areas??????
  • ton

anyone, and where for what reason.
    i do not tend to ride the peak district.
    it is far too busy on a weekend with walkers amd large groups of riders….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are bits of the Pentlands -(my local riding) best avoided when wet and I do tend to avoid some places at weekends that I know get very busy

grumm
    Free Member

The south of england. 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

I tend to avoid the peaks too. Never figured out why, just dont seem the “natural choice” despite being arguably closer than north wales.

nickc

The south of england.

You’d be missing out then.

No, not really. I go where I want, when I want to.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Trail centres

ton

Trail centres

fibber fibber
    whinlatter??????????????????

grumm
    Free Member

You’d be missing out then.

Well, I live very near the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales, and approx 2-3 hours from Scottish Borders/Wales, and 4-5 hours from the South of England. Is it really worth me making a special trip to ride there?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

fibber fibber whinlatter??????????????????

Ah. You found me out 🙁 Well, in my defence I went under duress, but I have to admit I enjoyed it :o)

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Lincolnshire.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hell no.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is it really worth me making a special trip to ride there?

yes, if you like lots of tiny hills 🙂

BruceWee

Ben Nevis

aP
    Free Member

Southall, Stockwell and that crazy one way system coming out of Epsom as its quite, quite crazy.

Filthy
    Free Member

Eston hills unless the kids are at school to avoid getting shot with air rifles.

…and anywhere flat.

jonb
    Free Member

Would probably stay away from trail centres over bank holidays and busy weekends, more a chance to some natural riding with less chance of people.

Still riding a busy trail centre can be fun as long as your just there to relax rather than ride. Great to chat to people etc.

scaredypants

I avoid my local bit of the new forest for at least half the year

It’s just too muddy (not for me – I’m not THAT much of a nancy, but does a lot of damage to ride there and the whole forest is near enough cheeky so I try not to make obvious hub-deep gouges in it). That said, most of the “damage” here is due to loads of passing horses/cows and it gets churned into a nearly unrideable mess (so, yeh, I am a nancy after all)

firestarter
    Free Member

halton moor and gipton 😉

WTF
    Free Member

Glentress.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Im going to start steering clear of a few of the parks here , to much erosion , very rocky …. and my last frame collected a few sweet dings to the BB and down tube .

WTF
    Free Member

Oh and Carron Valley.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

firestarter – Member

halton moor and gipton [;-)]

lol

Pook

was tempted to avoid riding the canal path last night at 8pm, but then i thought, “sod it, I’ll be going 15mph, anyone tries to stop me will struggle”

didn’t see another soul

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Belgium.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Canning Town.

I’d avoid it full stop, let alone riding a bike.

Oxboy
    Free Member

St Matthews Leicester, A guy rode through there on his way to work and because he was the ‘wrong’ colour black the Somalians stabbed him and hit him so hard in the eye it blinded him. God knows what would happen to my pasty white ass.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Well I do avoid certain local trails that I know suffer in the wet, but loads of other f*ckers don’t. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

rOcKeTdOg

anywhere it takes longer to drive to than the actual riding time when you get there

avdave2

South Downs Way on a sunny weekend in the summer.

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

Is it really worth me making a special trip to ride there?

yes, if you like lots of tiny hills

u is dissin da sarf but u av neva bin.
    d-mo = d-mo-lishun=RAD

lowey

I;m with you Ton for some reason. I have ridden quite a bit in the peak, but always when someone else has been leading. I never think of it as 1st choice despite living 40mins away.

Odd really.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Tend to avoid the Caravan Park in my local woods, Pikeys have a big go at you there, does the count? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

pavements and what Rocket dog said

cuckoo
    Free Member

Local cheeky trails on busy weekends (too many anti-cyclist walkers!).

Also tend to avoid the busier parts of the peak on Sunday’s (too many people walking dogs/pushing prams across the entire trail width).

Trails susceptible to bogginess after rainy periods (too heavy a toll on drivetrain).

Also anywhere in built up areas/on busy roads if i can help it.

el_boufador

Yorkshire Dales. I’ve ridden there a few times and never really got on with it. It’s quite quaint & the scenery is lovely, but the rides never seem to have enough rocky technical stuff in them. I’ve pretty much given up on them and I go to Calderdale or the Peaks instead (can’t understand why anyone would avoid the peaks – go mid week or early/late if crowds bother you!)

I also avoid local trails in the winter due to muddiness.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

white peak

always either catch the train upto sheffield and ride the peaks or stay i south derbyshire

Nico
    Free Member

Bristol, and the Guildford by-pass.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Got to say the Peak, and i live 5 mins away! I think i have done it to death, and find it a bit of a chore now, too many walkers and large groups. Still go sometimes though…

MrSmith
    Free Member

south downs.
    can’t see the point going there when the north downs are better.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Malvern Hills at weekends. Too many crap comments (shoud’nt be allowed & wheres your bell) & gruff faces of the ramblers.
    Weekdays OK, different breed of rambler. They smile, talk & generally far friendlier than the weekend brigade.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘ever steer clear of riding certain areas??????’ is closed to new replies.