Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ever had blood in your urine? How long did it last?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Gti Junior had a painful interface with a saddle and since than has had occasional blood in his urine. He’s seen the GP twice and been told to take it easy and stay off the bike – thank goodness it’s not high summer! I understand that most of these cases clear up alone and that there probably isn’t any treatment but I’m worried that after two weeks it’s still happening from time to time. He’s going back to the GP on Wednesday.

Anybody had this and how long did it take to clear up?

core

Yes, November 2014, following a particularly rough rally I did, the seats in my car aren’t the best (steel frame) and my back/kidneys physically ached after the event finished.

It lasted a few days, usually accompanied by some pain, just before the flow stopped.

GrahamS

Don’t worry – it stopped after a few days when my balls fell off.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Any more than a couple of days after an event would concern me.
    Given its nearly two weeks since the initial event and its still happening you’re right to be going back to the docs.
    Better safe than sorry for sure!

andyfla
    Free Member

Given that Gp’s generally only do a few months of paediatrics, if (and that is a big if) it is something at presents more in growing boys rather than adults it could be a good idea to see a paediatrician sooner rather than later.

(MrsFla is a paeds A&E consultant and isn’t very complementary about some gp)’s

But I am a middle aged climber so don’t really know much more than 2 weeks seems a long time

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, it does to me as well since most injuries should heal in a few days in a 16 y.o.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A couple of days (when I was in my 30’s) as you say in a 16yo it should heal up quickly

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Once in 2012. I ended up with a probe up my japs eye, blood tests and a CT kidney scan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ever had blood in your urine? How long did it last?’ is closed to new replies.