Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • evening singletrack rides
  • jedi

blimming well rock. cant wait to go this evening. sooooooo dry and fast in hertfordshire right now

weeksy

Beer domino’s pizza and Brazil v Mexico! Mine sounds fun too.

jedi

lol

DandyMole
    Free Member

Heading out soon for some dry Surrey trails, and to put my ‘jedi skills’ into action 😉

Drac

Night shift number 5, I lose.

bubs

Out after kids down and planning to ride like I stole it or atleast borrowed it without asking first. Less than a week before the evenings start heading the wrong way though.

All geared up and just sat waiting to see if my mate is coming – then off for a Beeley/Chatsworth blast

carlos
    Free Member

Did the Cutgate out and back last night and saw more people than I’ve ever seen up there before, 8 in total. Conditions are as near to perfect as you’ll get with only one or two soft spots that are easily avoidable.

Out again tomorrow but staying local, the forest is going to be mint as even the wettest bits must have dried out by now. Tonnes of other dry stuff to play on locally so it’ll be a great night whatever

Candodavid
    Free Member

Just got in from a night on Mendip, fan blooming tastic it was too

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cracking ride around Kinoull Hill this evening. Feeling very satisfied.

jeffl

Was planning to go out on a bit of an all nighter when the summer sulstace arrives.

theotherjonv

Not a ride, but was recce’ing a route for a family friendly walk for the weekend later on last night, just me and the dog…. and a deer, some rabbits, Mr fox, and loads of pheasants. And a proper babbling stream with a bridge and ford option so the kids and dads can get wet feet and the mums can get cross but not really mean it. And that little bit through the woods might need poaching one evening, just because it’s there 😉

Back just as it got dark, dog will be getting a few more evening walks if the weather stays like this. Some may end up near pubs (only thing missing last night). If you take the dog to the pub, it’s not drinking alone, is it?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dusty Mendip, mostly faster, steeper stuff. With Candodavid

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m thinking of 06:00 start tomorrow to see what wildlife I can spy, like Broxbourne Woods the trails around Stroud should be schweeeet right now 🙂

jedi

Yeah deffo

tomaso
    Free Member

Popping up from Glenridding YHA to Helvellyn tonight for some evening Sticks Pass action. Looking forward to big mountain views and sunshine and a beer afterwards :mrgreen:

muggomagic

They do indeed rock. I can’t get enough of riding my bike at the minute. My legs are sore, scratched and stung, but I still want to head out tonight. Plus I don’t need dinner when I get in as I fill up on flies on the way round.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Can you move the Lakes a bit further South please Tomaso. ’bout 50 miles would do.
    As it is Helvellyn’s just a bit far for us southern softies so we’ll have to make do with Longridge Fell tonight.

slowjo
    Free Member

I had a quick 27 miles last night. Easy trails, nothing tough or challenging. Riding out to the trails the roads were empty, there was no one in the forest…no horsey folk, no dog walkers, no bike riders, just deer and hares and birds. On the road ride back there was one roadie coming the other way (cheery wave and a hello for ‘roadies don’t wave’ types) and one car. That was it….full stop.

The trails were dry and hard, the sun was out, it was warm and practically ideal. The only downer was a stiff wind on the out leg. Still, it helped when I turned for home!

You gotta love the World Cup and fine summer evenings.

chakaping
    Free Member

Out to look for a bit more of this tonight…

D0NK

Local ride last night up at rivi was awesome, perfect weather, dry trails (a new one as well!) a few other likeminded souls, views to die for and a very very red sunset. Bloody brilliant.

Where’s that chakaping?

hatter

Got a sneaky 2 hours round Ashridge done last night, riding a treat it was.

Great stuff, even the roadies we spotted when we stopped for a chin-wag were uncharacteristically chirpy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Where’s that chakaping?

Arley Wood / Worthington sort of area – so you may know it if local to Rivi.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just moved to central London so no more midweek rides for me 🙁

I am happy for all you other folk, really I am !

rocketman
    Free Member

Am hoping to make it 6 in a row at Cannock this evening

deadkenny
    Free Member

Midge crazy at the moment though in the evening. Don’t stop. I’ve been bitten to shreds over the last month, even just stopping for a minute.

Still a blast though. Busy round my way. Get out in the day and it’s quite quiet, and fantastic weather.

D0NK

Thought you were local chaka that’s why I asked 🙂 Nah, ridden the canal and ncn near there but not ventured into the woods.

chakaping
    Free Member

Heading along the canal from Red Rock, take a left on first (or second just after) proper track into woods – nice fast downhill and then there’s some meandering singletrack down off to the left that runs along with the brook.

Some of it’s a bit awkward but still worth a look. Very pleasant on a sunny day. I sometimes add it on way back from Haigh Hall.

Are you local to there?

leftyboy
    Free Member

26.5 miles tonight from just south of Winchester and taking a part of the SDW in.

Really cracking ride, 5 middle aged mates reverting to childhood! 🙂

Lights only needed for last half hour and so warm a race jersey was warm enough.

tomaso
    Free Member

It was a fair drive north to Glennriding and it doesn’t get any closer Ian. But by ‘eck it was worth it 😉
    No photos of Sticks Pass as too busy riding it but these are the photos of the hard bit – and I can only apologise about the bearded postman in some of the shots…

_tom_
    Free Member

Hoping the weather stays nice next week as I’m on earlies which means post work Woburn rides in the summer 🙂 got a nice little loop of some singletrack there now, might have a bit more of an explore to extend it a bit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tomaso – very jealous, stunning.

Had a brilliant ride – got this years OTB out of the way with a nice soft boggy (but wet) landing – only a bruised calf to show for it.

Kept pushing my mate who normally drops me downhill – picked up a nice KOM/288 – and a dubious 3rd on a 5 minute long DH/slight uphill/pedal like ****/DH – how my mate beat me by 4 seconds when he started in front of me and I overtook him, I’ll never know 😉

Had a laugh, dodged the nettles, rode till we nearly collapsed, drank beer.

One day of work left, then BPW…. 🙂

@tomaso – looks fantastic #jealous

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘evening singletrack rides’ is closed to new replies.