Even worse than outside lane on a dual carriageway drivers!

Home Forum Chat Forum Even worse than outside lane on a dual carriageway drivers!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Even worse than outside lane on a dual carriageway drivers!
  • I’ll tell you what’s worse. Bloody pedestrians, grown adults I’m referring to, not kids, who press the button on a pedestrian crossing even though there’s no cars for miles around. Has the skill to cross a road completely left these people?? I abhor these lazy feckers who, by the time I’ve approached the (changing to) red light, are safely across the other side of the road. Scum I tell thee. Down with this type of thing.

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

You should have been on your bike as you don’t need to stop at pedestrian crossings if you’re cycling.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

you don’t need to stop at pedestrian crossings if you’re cycling.

Erm… not sure about that one…

IIRC you are legally allowed to wheel your bike through them, but not ride through them.

I think you’re allowed to manual across them, providing your front wheel doesn’t touch any part of the crossing

I think you’re allowed to manual across them, providing your front wheel doesn’t touch any part of the crossing

That’s the exact wording in the Highway Code.

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

If you can stand upright on the pedals, hands off the bars, gripping the saddle between your knees, you’re allowed to freewheel through, as long as you keep looking at the green man and match his posture as best you can.

brooess

I’d like to see ramps on the left hand side of the road of pedestrian crossings and zebra crossings so I can get clear big air right across and disappear off up the road in a cloud of my own glory 😀

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

IIRC you are legally allowed to wheel your bike through them, but not ride through them.

Sorry

I was just being silly.

Road gap type ramp would be fun though.

That’s the exact wording in the Highway Code.

Afraid not. Here’s the exact quote for you;

Cyclists are only permitted to go through a pedestrian crossing on a red light if they are wearing BeenBag clothing. And Axo Pony boots. Oh, and if they’re doing a Switzerland Squeaker as they go through the crossing. With their back wheel removed, obvs.

brooess

CFH showing his age 😀

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

edit> ignore me, the garish trousers confused me, no handed versions WTF?

I always press the button on the ped/horse/cycle crossing on my commute coz it takes a ****ing age before it actually does anything, by which time I may or may not have crossed. First 2 cars will drive through the red anyway to make up for it.

brooess – Member
    CFH showing his age

Bula hats for slalom markers. Isn’t it? Wasn’t it?

brakes

maybe they are from the USA or Switzerland or Singapore where crossing the road without permission from a box with pretty lights in is a capital offence punishable by juju.

gwaelod

Where I live traffic is really busy…I cycle up one street to a junction and want to turn right. A constant stream of traffic means I can never turn right. I cycle 20m to a pelican crossing on the pavement and press the button. It’s not on a timer the traffic stops almost immediately. I cycle half over the crossing and then ride away up the (by now) empty half of the road.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

I cycle 20m to a pelican crossing on the pavement and press the button. It’s not on a timer the traffic stops almost immediately.

how? where? who do I have to **** to get one of these? Every pelican crossing I currently know of waits an aeon before the lights change or are part of a traffic light cycle where you have to opt in to get a go and if you press the button too late even if it’s still before your turn in the cycle it skips you and you have to wait an entire cycle until your turn comes around again.

gwaelod

It’s on the outskirts of Cardiff

Like you I can’t believe that hasn’t been replaced by a less pedestrian friendly one.

CountZero

Bula hats for slalom markers. Isn’t it? Wasn’t it?

Damn right!
    And Oakley Razor Blades, to complete the look.
    Or Frogskins. With white or leopard skin frames.

jonba

I press them even when I don’t want to cross, I like to see the traffic queuing.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

I press them even when I don’t want to cross, I like to see the traffic queuing.

id feel guilty for doing that, however I have a 4 yo who likes pushing buttons and who am I to stifle his creativity?

gwaelod

some have sensors, so if you press and walk off the red light doesn’t trigger. In those circumstances press the button and wait for the traffic to stop……then carry on walking on the same side of the road without crossing

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Even worse than outside lane on a dual carriageway drivers!’ is closed to new replies.