Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Evans ride it off road, anyone done one?
  • captaindanger

Wondering if anyone had someone of these and whether they were worthwhile, ie nice bit of singletrack or all fire road as I suspect?

barnun
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of these, and they are a good mix of bridleway, singletrack, with some fire road and on road sections. Which one were you thinking of doing?

Weasel
    Free Member

Our local one is either in April or November – when it’s muddy. However, does seem to take in quite a bit of tarmac especially a long mile or so drag up a steep hill on the north downs. But saying that you can’t really link a lot of trails up so have to use the road.

Other than the energy bar you get, and a drink stop with a bit of cake/banana thrown in, is it really value for money?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple in different places and enjoyed them, The ones I’ve done have had a mix of Fireroad/singletrack/roads. But that’s down to the location more than Evans. As not many places in the uk can offer 35 miles of pure singletrack. If your a soloist you’ll be able to find a group to latch onto.

I think £15 is fair enough for what it is, (essentially a sportif) but i’d personally prefer and evening in the pub with the guys i ride with and OS map searching for bridleways to ride the following sunday

andymc06
    Free Member

I did the Dorking one a couple of years ago on my birthday as a bit of a treat. I was hugely disappointed. The route was around Leith Hill so there should have been no shortage of excellent singletrack. It seemed that we gained elevation on technical climbs and then rolled down fire road or bridleway to waste it all. The impression was that it was an off road ride planned by a road rider. Very little in the way of excitement. Lots of tarmac and bridleway.

captaindanger

Thanks, didn’t have one in mind but thought it would be a way to dicover some new trails, I might do one and trea it as a slow road ride!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Evans ride it off road, anyone done one?’ is closed to new replies.