Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • evans cycles refund refused help
  • sirtomsmith
    Free Member

basically I bought a lapierre zesty 314 for 2399 and in the space of 2-3weeks the frame cracked on chain stay and the wheels have broke twice I am riding it for its intended use the only place I have been is whinlatter red trail and my local woods nothing serious
    they replaced the chain stay but if it happened in the space of 2 rides it isn’t going to last long

my question is..
    should they give me a refund?

bails

Not necessarily. The sales of goods act says they are within their rights to repair it first. If the repair fails then you might be into refund territory.

dashed
    Free Member

Why don’t you start ANOTHER thread about it?? You’ve only got about 3 on the go about the same issue 🙄

sirtomsmith
    Free Member

listen dashed why don’t you not comment if you don’t have any advice to give
    1 thread was about how to improve my bike
    and thread 2 was about how long it would take for lapierrre to warrant the frame

Sancho
    Free Member

The answer is that they are not obliged to give you a refund.

mtbfix

Probably not. Assuming the issues have occurred during reasonable use then they should fix them under warranty but you are not entitled to your money back.

nonk
    Free Member

Nope they have a reasonable amount of time ( very grey area) to sort it out.

crazy-legs

they replaced the chain stay but if it happened in the space of 2 rides it isn’t going to last long

So they fixed the problem. You broke a chainstay, they’ve replaced the faulty part and the bike is as good as new. Well done Evans, great job.

How do you know how long the replacement part will last? Have you conducted an in depth metallurgic study on it? x-rayed it? If it happens again, then you’ve got cause for a complaint, until then just ride it!

They don’t have to give you a refund, they have to fix the problem. Which they’ve done.

hmanchester
    Free Member

why don’t you not comment if you don’t have any advice to give

He does have advice.

Stop opening more threads!

It’s a grey area between them having to fix it or replace it that’s usually dictated by the mood of the shop. If you approach your conversations with the same style as you do on here you may be waiting a while for what you want…

honourablegeorge

According to your other thread, the chainstay crack was “just paint” but they replaced it anyway.

ratherbeintobago

Why don’t you start ANOTHER thread about it??

Confusus the Carp say “Down this path lie appointment with ban hammer”

char34
    Free Member

the amount of zestys that crack is unbelivable
    not being funny but did you not research the zesty before you bought
    only have to google cracked zesty and page upon page come up
    plus their french what do they kno about making mtbs
    not worth a carrot second hand cant transfer warranty
    rant over

dannybgoode

So did the frame actually crack or was it chipped paint?

If it was just the paint I think Evans deserve a huge pat on the back as would usually be wear and tear…

Cheers

Danny B

t-p26
    Free Member

not worth a carrot second hand cant transfer warranty

Could somebody put that in plain english, for a dullard like me to understand please?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Round about as much as you know about spelling and grammar, it seems….. 🙄

mindmap3
    Free Member

He seems to be implying that the French ate unable to manufacture mountain bikes (assuming this is because their cars have a bad reputation) and that they don’t sell well on eBay and STW becausevtge warranty cannot be transferred to the next chap who buys it.

I would say that they probably know a reasonable amount about bikes given the fact that they’ve made them for a ling time ans some of the best riders have been from France. Lots of other bikes crack too if ridden in a way that they are not designed for.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He seems to be implying that the French ate unable to manufacture mountain bikes

Ate? 😉

To be fair I’ve got (not mine) a 2012 Lappiere Zesty up on the ramps right now this minute. IMO it’s not a patch on a Giant, Specialized, Trek or similar. Some rather bizarre things wrong with it for a fairly new bike….. 😕

mindmap3
    Free Member

Damn corrective text on my phone…combined with fat thumbs. Not a good combination.

I’ve not ridden one but the reviews seem good and they are popular bikes. They certainly look good (I know that’s not a reason to buy a bike, but hey). What’s up with yours? Just being nosey really.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Based on this thread…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-my-zesty-314-2013-2400-have-i-made-a-mistake

Where you were questioning buying it before you even got it… I’d suggest you have ‘buyers remorse’ and are looking for any excuse for a refund possible.

Bike wasn’t cracked (but probably will), and spoke break (not sure what else you can mean by wheel broke, unless you mean buckled)… Move on and ride your bike…

clubber
    Free Member

As above, it sounds like Evans have played fair. A frame can crack (though it may well not be a crack in this instance) because of a fault in your particular one, not on all of them so one failure doesn’t mean they’ll all fail.

Of course, it is a Zesty and everyone knows they all break 😉

(I’m a Frog. This is our revenge for Anglicisation 🙂 )

legend
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member
    According to your other thread, the chainstay crack was “just paint” but they replaced it anyway.

mother of god! defo not a sticker??

honourablegeorge

legend – Member

mother of god! defo not a sticker??

We have a paint flake and a couple of broken spokes here. I bet someone in Evans is reaching for the big heavy bombers they keep under the counter.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘evans cycles refund refused help’ is closed to new replies.