Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Evans cycles and their computer system
  • dan1980
    Free Member

Every time I make a purchase with Evans, they ask me for my address on their system.

I’ve broken a mud guard on it’s 3rd outing, and think it’s a warranty jobby, but I can’t find the receipt.

Does anyone know if their system stores a list of my purchases, or is it purely to make sure I get their mailouts?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just give them the street number and postcode of a person or shop or business you don’t like then. You are under no legal obligation to give them any personal details if you’re just making a simple purchase.

No. 10 SW1A 2AA. 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

Yep, log in & click on “Logged In – Your Account” at the top of the screen, then “Order History”

dan1980
    Free Member

Sorry I wasn’t massively clear.

I have bought a mud guard in a bricks and mortar Evans Cycles shop. When I made the purchase I gave my address etc. for their system.

I don’t have the receipt for the guard, so wondered if their system keeps a log of all purchases against my name which I can use as “proof of purchase” for a warranty claim on the broken guard, as I don’t have the original receipt any more.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Dan1980,
    I’m pretty sure it does show your purchase history. I seem to vaguely recall returning some small items without the reciept in the past, becasue it was logged on their sales system against me/my address, can’t be specific on that though.
    Cheers
    Stu.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

As for Leisure Lakes, I use Evans Cycles shop or mail order only in an absolute emergency, even if they are significantly cheaper.

Useless and just not worth the agro.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How did you pay? a credit / debit card receipt / record of transaction will do to show you bought the item there

Cougar

Radical suggestion I know, but you could maybe call Evans and ask them?

titusrider
    Free Member

When I worked there if you gave your postcode it could be looked up yes.

that was about 5 years ago on an awful blue screen/ F5/ F10 style system which i hope to god they have got ridden of!

dan1980
    Free Member

Sadly I work in a lab with no mobile phone reception, and and a landline that won’t make external phone calls. I have to sit and watch some numbers on a temperature controller go to 5, then I have to put in a sample, press some buttons, fiddle with a couple of dials, then sit for 45 minutes watching a dial, and press buttons if it starts drifting from 0, discover I’ve not pressed some of the right buttons, twiddle some dials again, and repeat. This will probably go on until 8pm tonight, and I’ll be lucky if I can go out for a wee between now and then. By the time I leave the lab, Evans in Manchester will be shut.

As a result of all the above, I can’t call them and ask, so I thought, as I have a functioning internet connection here, and I was curious to find out if I could get my item returned. I could bring the broken bits into work tomorrow you see, and get it returned in the afternoon. However, I don’t much fancy brining in a knackered mud guard if there’s no point.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

email them and ask??

Oggles
    Free Member

Last small purchase I made in Evans I asked them why they needed postcode. The lad specifically said “in case you need to return it and you don’t have the receipt”. HTH.

wwaswas

I have to sit and watch some numbers on a temperature controller go to 5, then I have to put in a sample, press some buttons, fiddle with a couple of dials, then sit for 45 minutes watching a dial, and press buttons if it starts drifting from 0, discover I’ve not pressed some of the right buttons, twiddle some dials again, and repeat. This will probably go on until 8pm tonight

fair play to you, producing a sample every 45 minutes for 10 hours a day.

Cougar

Fair enough. I’ve just rung them for you.

No answer at the Deansgate store. Spoke to a chap at the Chill Factor-e store, and he said that they’d need a bank / credit card statement to track the order.

Last small purchase I made in Evans I asked them why they needed postcode. The lad specifically said “in case you need to return it and you don’t have the receipt”. HTH.

I’d suspect that’s a lie. It’s so they know where to target their marketing.

dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve tried to use their customer contact form on the website, but after clicking submit, I get a browser couldn’t connect message. I’ve tried with Chrome, Firefox and whatever the inbuilt KDE browser is (Konquerer?)

I couldn’t find an email address on their website.

dan1980
    Free Member

Fair enough. I’ve just rung them for you.

Cheers 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

fair play to you, producing a sample every 45 minutes for 10 hours a day.

Sadly it’s just one sample someone has sent to me (Fe/Mn polymer), and because of the costs of liquid helium these days, I need to take all the measurements on it in one sitting. I’m not normally this keen to do work, especially as it’s my first day back.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Sadly i don’t think it does display a list of purchases to view.

I recently took back my gore windstopper jacket into bristol. They needed to know the exact month i bought it so they could retrieve the details

Even then the cashier said it could be a job to get the exact day it was purchased. He said it wasn’t possible to scroll through my order history

balintatevans
    Free Member

Hi,

This is Balint from Evans Cycles.

As long as we have the order/purchase assigned to a customer, we will be able to retrieve the order. In case they can’t help you in at the store, you can contact us our Contact Centre and we can even email you the a copy of your purchase.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Balint @ Evans Cycles

flatfish
    Free Member

They found mine a few days ago as I had a warranty problem and had no receipt from june of last year.
    Took a bit of persuading to the shop lackey though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Evans cycles and their computer system’ is closed to new replies.