Evans Cannock Chase – Saturday 13th October

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Evans Cannock Chase – Saturday 13th October
  • daern

    Anyone else doing this ride on Saturday?

    We’ve done most of the Evans rides in the North over the last few years, but this one has always been that bit too far away. This year, however, we’ve managed to escape for a day so we’re looking forward to it!

    This, however, has just been posted on their blog:

    We are aware of the coming wet weather over the next couple of days and if it was just the rain we wouldn’t be too worried. Unfortunately there are also gusts of wind and if these reach over 47mph the Forestry Commision will close the forest and therefore we can’t run the event. At the moment we are carrying on as planned but please keep an eye on here before you leave.

    …we’ll be travelling down on Friday night and staying over, so you can bet we’ll be watching this page closely tomorrow!


    You can still park up and ride the trails solo. Cannock is especially lovely in the wet as all the pebble pixies will have been out polishing…


    The bad winds are today, should be ok for Saturday


    Fingers crossed that there aren’t too many trees down today!


    Just a note to anyone else reading, this event has been cancelled:

    Hi All

    It is with regret that we are going to have to cancel the event. Due to the predicted high winds this afternoon the Forestry Commision have decided to close the forest from 1pm today and won’t let us set up the course or the event centre. This means we are unable to put everything in place in time for tomorrows event and therefore it’s unsafe for us to go ahead. There is also the possibilty that the event centre will be closed tomorrow anyway if the FC decide it’s still too windy.

    We will be refunding everyone automatically via the method you paid and it can take up to 5 days to appear back in your account.

    Next years event is a couple of weeks earlier so hopefully we’ll hit the sunny weather again!


    I’ve got a non-refundable hotel booked too, so I’m out of pocket for that. Not withstanding that this make two out of two Evans events that have been cancelled on us this year due to poor weather. I know it’s not their fault, but we were really looking forward to this. Damn 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.