Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Eurosport tv schedule v Virgin+ box
  • white101

Couple of weeks back I taped the Amstel Gold race and the recording ended just 3.2km before the end of a pretty decent finish. Last night taped the highlights of the 4 Days of Dunkirk and the bloody thing did it again and stopped with 7km to go in the race.
    Taped some highlights of some other racing a while back to find 40 mins of Flushing Meadows Tennis and 10 mins of Trentino!!!

I need answers whats to blame/flame??

willstaffs
    Free Member

On my Virgin TiVo Box it asks me if I want to extend the recording for a 30 mins or 1 hour after the stated finish time in case it runs over being a love event, I normally do 30 mins extra, I missed the last 18km of Milan San Remo because I didn’t select to add any extra time!

Your box should have the same option?

white101

A love event??? what channel you recording??? 😯

not a tivo box, but will look at the options on screen

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I have the same thing with Eurosport in Virgin Media, missed many bike races and Moto GP sessions due to the schedule being completely different to what’s actually shown.
    It’s been like that for me for about two years and I can’t see them starting to get things right any time soon!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Eurosport is pretty slap dash when it comes to keeping to it’s published schedules, but i guess when its mostly live sports that don’t have definite run times it’s hard. Can you set you box to record extra time before or after the scheduled program? On a Sky+ box you can set to record 15 mins either side which usually covers events over running.

Haze

Record the program after if you’re watching ‘live’.

If it’s highlights I normally try to record the early morning ones, less chance of anything running over…

brakes
    Free Member

getting Eurosport to record anything is a nightmare. you have to record an hour before and after in addition to catch it and sometimes you’ll still miss it. the schedules are only an estimate.
    you’d think there’d be intelligence in the system to base recording on some sort of programme ID rather than just using the clock.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Eurosport tv schedule v Virgin+ box’ is closed to new replies.