Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Eurosport Player
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

Anyone on board? My old man has it, seems good.

Any offers out there? any thoughts on it in general?

Crell
    Free Member

My father in law had it for a while before he got sky. It worked well but the non HD channels were a bit blocky on a larger LCDs. That was a couple of years ago though so it may have improved. Certainly usable though, and a lot cheaper than a Sky sub.

I tried it when abroad to watch a Moto GP race – but it only seems to work if your coming through a UK ISP ( as per the iPlayer). I didn’t bother trying to redirect so YMMV.

tracknicko
    Free Member

YMMV?

seemed good this weekend. was able to keep PR on a different stream and thus not have to watch a medal ceremony mid race!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Signed up for the weekend as I was at the in-laws who don’t have sky. Used a hdmi dongle thing to hook my iPad to their telly and watched the MotoGP, track worlds and Paris roubaix. Looked much like standard def tv. Pretty pleased with it. Big shame they just stream the live stuff though and don’t do on-demand.

tracknicko
    Free Member

but not bad for £3.99 a month right?

this is pretty much my thinking. especially when compared to sky at £30 pmo.

will be doing a similar PC vga hookup to tv and watching on the normal screen.

cheers all, in the abscence of offers i’ll just get signed up.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is a little expensive for just two channels and no on-demand. Though it’s good being able to sign up on a per monthly basis (i.e. no minimum term.) If I ever get around to ditching sky for freesat then I’d definitely be doing this more often.

tang
    Free Member

Been great for spring classics, there is some archive bits to watch. Better than steephill.

tracknicko
    Free Member

steephill is my current other option, the pop up adverts and general sketchyness of the sites is a bit rough for my liking.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Well for anyone interested I took the plunge.

final decision was a dedicated old and ignored desktop PC, clean install with not a lot on it, hooked up to the back of telly via vga.

running chrome with iplayer, 4od, and EUROSPORT player.

sodding brilliant.

total set up cost £5.50

have that xbox/apple tv.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Eurosport Player’ is closed to new replies.