Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Eurosport enough cycling to justify buying a year
  • ampthill

On a few occasions I’ve paid for a month of Eurosport to watch the Giro. Is there enough of the other tours and spring classics to justify a year? I’m excluding the Vuelta and Tour as I’ll probably still use itv for those

Ps are there highlights or just live stages

rossp
    Free Member

If you are an Amazon prime member you can get 6 months for £0.06. Plenty of coverage of spring classics to justify that price!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eurosport/1p

ampthill

Can’t argue with that, cheers

P20

We normally get one of the offers at the start of December. (No use now, but heads up for next year). Usually £20 for the year, though @ahsat got it for 99p one Black Friday!

13thfloormonk

I get it anyway with my Sky package, but would suggest you get so much cycling you’ll get bored of it!

World Cup CX was a pleasant surprise although the commentary/highlights packages are a bit naff, jump from lap 2 – everyone together, to lap 7 – someone (typically Van der Poel) has somehow opened up a massive lead, with nothing in between.

All the classics, plus re-runs of old classics (which annoyingly they don’t make very clear, watched an hour of the 2017 Tour of Flanders before I started to recognise stuff, which also meant I hadn’t recorded the 2018 race that I’d meant to record, grrrr…)

weeksy

There are MASSES of cycling on Eurosport… i mean hours upon hours.

Cyclocross, World Champs, Track indoor, All the tours, all the Classics, lots of tours of Qatar, Hainan etc… Literally almost everything you can imagine…. Well, apart from EWS and DH (which it does sometimes show)

slowoldman

As weeksy says there is stacks of cycling. I watched so much last year I hardly got out on my bike!! Also, if you are interested there is loads of winter sports too – alpine skiing, cross-country, biathlon and “sliding sports”.

ampthill

Cheers

butcher

Road cycling all of the time, starting pretty much now with the Tour Down Under. Then you’ll have all the exotic middle eastern destinations, Spring Classics, Giro, Tour de Suisse, Alps, Dauphine, etc… Even when the grand tours are on, there are other races running at the same time. Tour of California, Tour of Britain… Lots of lesser known races too and womens events.

In terms of content, most stuff gets live coverage with highlights to follow. And they go on to their on demand service right after they’ve been broadcast so you can watch again.

frogstomp

For those with Amazon Prime, you can currently add Eurosport for 1p/month for the next 6 months (just set a reminder to cancel in month 6).

glenh
    Free Member

I’ve bought the streaming package (there’s an app for my TV, iPad ect, and most stuff is available on demand as well as live) for £20/30 a year for the last couple of years. Well worth it in my opinion – loads of (road & track) racing coverage.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Eurosport enough cycling to justify buying a year’ is closed to new replies.