Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • European Union Podcasts
  • butcher

Riveting stuff, I know…

Lots going on in the headlines at the moment, but I would like to get away from that…

I want to learn more about about the driving force. About the history of the EU, how it came into being, how it grew, and how it operates today. What it does, what it means to different member states, etc.

Preferably with less focus on Brexit, but happy with slight pro-eu/anti-eu stance either way for balance.

Anything good out there? Extra points for easy listening – don’t really fancy listening to hours of mundane lectures.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Try Dan Snow’s History Hit. He has had a few people talking about the EU and Europe.

butcher

Not many takers on this I see – not that I’m surprised.

eBooks welcomed too. Just prefer something relatively light and conversational as my attention has a habit of wandering.

Had a search through Dan Snow’s podcasts but couldn’t see any specifically – there’s a lot of stuff there!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Based on the stage show, this will be a hilarious and amazingly informative review of how Britain ended up in the EU.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5517/how_europe_stole_my_mum/

belfastflyer
    Free Member

Good eu podcasts are few and far between. A quick search will bring up either news agencies/media outlets with a distinct pro or anti eu stance or you’ll find some done by mates who just want to have a chuckle.

If I come across any good ones I’ll let you know.

butcher

I’ve started listening to the European Union in the New Millennium. Not specifically what I was looking for, and in lecture format, but starts a bit with the history of Europe and how the EU ties in. First episode was quite interesting.

C4 Prog looks worth a watch too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘European Union Podcasts’ is closed to new replies.