Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • European “man with van”, Switzerland to Sweden
  • ben
    Free Member

Or woman, for that matter.

Looking at how I move some furniture and boxes from Switzerland to Sweden. Has anyone a recommendation of companies? I vaguely remember a good site where you can put the volume of items you need shipping and when to invite quotes from independent movers but my googlefu isn’t working today to find it.

For any stwers in Stockholm, I’m looking forward to explore the trails if anyone rides?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member
    willard

Ben,

Sorry, I can’t offer advice on movers (I moved from the UK last year with a UK company using Britannia for the international part), but I am happy to get on on some trails with your when you arrive.

Where abouts in the city are you going to be moving to?

Drop me a PM if you need anything when you do get here.

ben
    Free Member

Cheers BBSB – that’s the one.

Willard, moving to Stora Mossen/Bromma – where are you based? How’s the Svenska coming along?

willard

Jag pratar lagom svenska tack, men jag förstår mer än jag pratar!. Om du pratar inte svenska, du måsta ladder ner Duolingo appen. Det är jätte bra för att lära dig svenska.

Bromma is good. Lots of stuff there to keep you occupied. I’m not that far away in Gärdet but spend a fair bit of time Bromma way at the wind tunnel. I work on Kungsholmen, so close enough.

ben
    Free Member

Jag lär mig långsamt, det är alla q ord jag kämpar med!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

måsta ladder

måste ladda  . Måsta is a hjälpverb remember 😉

Hi OP, I moved from Laaandan to Gothenburg nearly 7 years ago now. I used movecorp and they were decent. No idea if they operate in Switzerland mind.  Took approx. 8 weeks to get my stuff , but it came!

I’m in Östersund/ Åre now.

Near you, Flottsbro has some good lift assisted stuff, small but really well built. I know of a few guys from all over that live in stockholm if you want conttacts for riding.  Otherwise feel free to pop by up here!

ben
    Free Member

Definitely plan to get up to Åre so will keep you posted. The offer of Stockholm contacts would be great once I get moved and settled there. Will be in touch 🙂

willard

måste ladda . Måsta is a hjälpverb remember 😉

Dammit! MOAR Duolingo!!!

Mind you, I have more problems with the min/mitt, din/ditt and the associated ‘the’ extensions. The local shop owners are loving it… As comic relief!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yeah it’s a tough language.I work in it every day and it still causes me problems. but i quite enjoy it!

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/juanjuavess/blog/enduro-sweden-series-2018-.html

Article here by a friend on last years enduro series. I’m gonna do three of them this year  and also Nesbyen enduro, food for thought myabe op, its a great way to meet people.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Put it on euro pallets and get the pallets shipped. This was the cheapest way I found of shipping loads of my father in law’s stuff from Dorset to Fife and the pallet shipping compare website would do Europe wide.

I actually made a box (about 1.8 m high) to screw into the euro pallet so I could stuff load in it.

the00
    Free Member

What site for comparing pallet transport costs?

mick_r

For pallets I used to use DB Schenker with work (changed name to Redhead International in UK). Quick, reliable and cheap and could just pay by credit card. They did a lot of UK Sweden Germany routes so might extend to Switzerland.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘European “man with van”, Switzerland to Sweden’ is closed to new replies.