Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • European CX Champs & Belgian CX races!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Did anyone watch the European CX champs today and think “wow mega course I want a go?” Awesome effort by Nikki Harris to get on the podium for the 4th year in a row.

I was also watching this yesterday: https://vimeo.com/144594329

and got me thinking I’d LOVE to go to Belgium and do some CX racing over there!!! Anyone done it?

jb89
    Free Member

Didn’t see it, but I did watch ‘For the Love of Mud’ last night and get the same feeling about going to Belgium! Looks Awesome!

tang
    Free Member

My Gran is from Flanders, so we got the buzz of that sort of racing in the blood. I’ve not raced but been. I’m hoping to get to Hamme this month, but we will see! I’m putting on a race again in January and screening the world champs in the ballroom, there will be one very euro feature and rough like Belgium in places! http://www.lovecrossed.co.uk

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

TAng where are you putting on a race? Both races were fab and exciting and some technical sections which made/defined the winning moves. I’ve been to Belgium and done the Flanders roadie cobbles and loved it then! I tweeted Helen Wyman asking if there was a Ronse race for Joe Public she said no but technically anyone could enter the elite race! HMMM think I’d get lapped within a lap so a bit pointless, hey ho back to racing Dunstable tomorrow .. not quite as glamorous 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Website doesn’t really hold much info location??

tang
    Free Member

Cotswolds! I’ve got Poldark in filming atm hence we are the last weekend! 31.01.16 as well as Castelli, ENVE and Sidi sponsoring we have Scott too. Hoping Nick Craig makes it and does a master class for the kids!
    Site is a bit behind. Click the link to BC with all the details.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Looks great Tang but unfortunately 60 miles is a bit to far to travel for a 40 min race. So only welsh league appear to have equality whereby women race for an hour! Shame date would be perfect.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Looks great Tang but unfortunately 60 miles is a bit to far to travel for a 40 min race. So only welsh league appear to have equality whereby women race for an hour! Shame date would be perfect.

ferrals
    Free Member

Only a couple of hours for me, is the race the sat or sun?

I meant to watch the Europeans and forgot – are replays online anywhere?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member
    tang
    Free Member

I’m also making sure that women have their own race, I’m stuck on race times as I’m hosting the final round of the Western league within the race. I’ll put a separate thread up next week!

ferrals
    Free Member

Sounds good, will decide nearer the time depending on when the first xc race I decide to do is

ferrals
    Free Member

For anyone else interested in watching a replay of the European Champs:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48YrLB8Pvw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That’s my turbo viewing sorted for this evening 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I did last year, raced in a regional series Saturday morning, drove an hour to catch the men’s World Cup at Koksjide on the Saturday and traveled half way across the country (3 hours drive), to watch a SuperPrestige on the Sunday.

Bloody fantastic weekend!

Race series was Vlaamse Cyclocrosscup
    http://www.vlaamsecyclocrosscup.be/

ferrals
    Free Member

Sounds like a bloody good way to spend a weekend! Especially if I wasn’t driving and could base my race recovery around Blanche de Namur!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Last time i did it was ~15 years ago, did similar to The Swedish Chef. Ferry over on friday, raced Sat, Sun, then watched the main event, did a load of sight seeing and general riding/training, caught a local mid week race on the wednesday or thursday (got some prize money 😀 ), i did another fairly big race on the Saturday (got my head kicked in, lapped and pulled out after ~30 minutes 🙁 ) then watched a race on sunday (Super prestige i think?). Caught the last ferry home on sunday night. Then home for the christmas hols. Entry fees were fairly cheap IIRC, competition was mental in the bigger events. Good way to spend 500 quid and 5 days holiday.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Not racing but we’re going to Belgium to watch the worlds and drink beer in January. Should be fun.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘European CX Champs & Belgian CX races!’ is closed to new replies.