Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • European Cup Rugby
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Harry Ordinary was immense and full of gallic gallicness

He’s hardly Gallic. He’s Basque.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Great pic on the Beeb website… 🙂

duckman

Arrrghhh! Game I still have to catch up on? Munster;scroll down to bottom of thread and DD is at it again 👿

Five mins in and I have decided that I am going to use one of my international passes next year to watch Munster in the EC,what an atmosphere.Eldest son is awake early,do you think 9 is too young to make his Dad a bacon roll?

Pigface
    Free Member

Flash are you in full pedantic mode? He plays for France and as Goscinny and Urderzo taught me he is a Gaul therefore Gallic 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let’s be fair now duckie, if you don’t want to see results, then don’t log on to this thread.

duckman

I’ll give you that.Would have posted earlier but fell asleep watching 1st half of Weedgie/bath game. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There is something special about watching Munster in Thomond duckie. If you have a chance to do it, I would. If only for the silence for the kickers – it’s almost intimidating at times.

When you’re headed that way, let me know and I can give you some tips on Limerick and what to do and see. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There is something special about watching Munster in Thomond

Would love to get to a game there!

Pigface, pedantry is an art! 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He he he he – two good wins for the scottish teams – who’d a thunk it :-0

IdleJon which teams look strong, and who can lend a Scottish team a number 10? (Just getting there before TJ!)

Nah – its OK – we have a couple of youngsters who look good in the club game and might just get there for the International game

IdleJon

Finished watching the Glasgow game before work this afternoon and it got me wondering if the coaching teams prepared their squads in any particular way for playing on narrow pitches like Firhill?

Obviously it has an effect on teams that play an expansive game.

And then I started wondering whether the Ospreys are really an expansive team who unfortunately play on a narrow pitch? 😉

Some nice games this weekend. I wish that the Ospreys could play with the intensity of Munster or N’hampton.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys were very ordinary on Saturday.

anagallis_arvensis

scarlets murdering Northampton at the moment.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

scores a plenty at murrayfeild but no tv covrage 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Blues winning as well.

anagallis_arvensis

You would think a player who many england fans think is world class would know to play to the whistle, useless prick. Christ North is fast!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

dragons were epic, crowd was mental, edwards signed new contract aswell!

happy chappy!

Pigface
    Free Member

Crazy score in Edinburgh 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😯

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

48-47 Holy crap !!!!

duckman

Holy bovine! Embrafurracup! So what TJ, £10 for a seat at Embra games…97 points for that and a 30 odd point comeback!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edinburgh had the early lead 17-3 it went to 44- 20 to racing and for edinburgh to win?

😯

Duckman – I was thinking of going – wish I had done

anagallis_arvensis

Well that has certainly slowed North down, well done Ashton 😈

duckman

A-A; still think North is a defensive liability?

anagallis_arvensis

I was actually thinking he has improved a huge amount in his positioning recently, it was never really that he was beaten or run over just that he seemed to get sucked in and drawn out of postion. I expect he was on the receiving end of a lot of coaching at the world cup. Just hope he can retain his pace as the inevitable injuries come and go. Looked like Ashton twisted his leg quite nastily last night. His pace for Priestlands try was breath taking for such a big bloke.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Scarlets on the up?? My patients will be pleased. That saints coach showing hed do a great job at twickers!

anagallis_arvensis

Ashton, Hartley and Lawes were all complete garbage last night, what was Johnson feeding them in NZ methadone? The Scarlets 8 looks good, get him in the Welsh set up quick I say. Just hope Norths injury isnt too bad, I was only watching on an internet feed so couldnt be sure but it looked like a bit of a cheap shot from Ashton who seems to have an ego bigger than his ability, he’s very good coming off the shoulder in broken field but is poor at most other aspects of wing play based on last nights evidence.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

another citing for Lawes coming? In a wee fracas the camera caught him punching a guy on the ground

anagallis_arvensis

doubt Lawes will be cited, although for the life of me I couldnt work out what upset the Scarlet’s Tongan lock. Northampton are a very niggly team though.

Watching the scrums was fun, evertime Tonga wee er got a bind he destroyed Thomas but Thomas did a great job of not letting him bind.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lawes should be – came into to two guys having a bit of handbags on the ground and gave the scarlets player a punch / forearm smash to the head. Aston for the off the ball incident on North as well that led to his injury.

Dirty niggly game from Saints

Frankers
    Free Member

Tigers playing Ulster tonight at Welford Road, hoping for a good result……

Although current form and results would point to a bit of kicking 😥

sadmadalan

Was at the Blues/Irish game last night. Overall the blues deserved to win, Irish were rubbish for the first 60 minutes but improved for the last 20 minutes. Blues threw away at least 2 tries – and given that they had an extra man for the last hour – it should have been an easy victory. I suspect both sets of coaching teams will have a lot to do in the next few weeks.

My first visit to Cardiff City Stadium. Very similar to the Mad Stad – a bit soulless for rugby

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys draw in Italy 😕 can’t make up my mind whether that is a result or not.

duckman

Baconface; Treviso have improved out of sight,result IMO. Watching Glaws/hairyquims game….How are Glaws behind?

Pigface
    Free Member

Exactly man of quack, Treviso aren’t push overs anymore.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Holy crap Rog does it again. Now for Ulster to do the same.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice one ROG 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

Tigers up so far 17-9

Frankers
    Free Member

Come on Tigers!!!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well played tigers definitely deserved that on the second half performance. Humph lost it a bit as well, a bonus at Ravers in the new year and we will be sweet!

anagallis_arvensis

Hartley really is an odd one isnt he:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MKL1arucdA[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘European Cup Rugby’ is closed to new replies.