Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • European Cup Rugby
  • IdleJon

Starts tonight, with the Amlin.

Proper comp starts tomorrow evening.

So who is supporting who, which teams look strong, and who can lend a Scottish team a number 10? 😀 (Just getting there before TJ!)

My local team, Ospreys, look decidedly weak at the moment. Biggar at 10 doesn’t seem to be able to control the game, Morgan the 19yr old is very good at that, (plus kicking from hand, getting the backs moving and making breaks) but even his coaches question his defence.

Add in new signings (Fotuali’i (sp?) and Stowers) who don’t look integrated yet.

Biarritz at home though? I wonder if Biarritz are still playing as conservatively as they used to? A win for the O’s hopefully.

But……I can’t see any of the Welsh teams getting very far.

sadmadalan

Support London Irish (for my sins). Suspect we will end up third, after Racing Metro and Cardiff Blues. Start on Saturday with Edinburgh, who I expect will end up bottom.

peteimpreza

My team, Worcester are up against Stade Francais this evening. Not very confident they will get anything other than a good stuffing.

I will be following/supporting Stade Toulouse in the propoer competition.

Allez Toulousain!!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Support Edinburgh, just stuck a few hopefully £s on them to beat London Irish will pay for some new tyres for winter if they do!

Have not look at the draw but I think Clermont A, Saracens or Northampton for the cup this year.

wrecker
    Free Member

Without a local (except b**h) prem side, I’ll be going for the quins this year. I like the rugby they’re playing at the moment.

Scamper
    Free Member

Gloucester season ticket holder. Its going to tough – opening up with a trip to Toulouse, then Quins at home which will be my 8 week old Son’s first game! Home wins at Kingsholm are a just about a given as they can be, Glaws away is a different matter.

nsaints
    Free Member

The clue’s in my name 🙂
    chopped in my season ticket two years back

Not entirely sure how far we’ll go this season – I’m think getting to the final 2nd year on the bounce will be a difficult ask?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Not sure on The Saints chances to be honest, saw them play Ospreys in Bridgend the other week and they looked a bit off pace if you ask me, played well in the second half, but feel a bit unsure if they face a team who’ll play them from the off, that said, will still be cheering for them, especially as I work in an office full of Welshies!!

Stuey01
    Free Member

Originally from Northamptonshire so it’s the Saints for me. Have high hopes of going deep in the knockout stages again.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Quins fan here! What a start to the season we have had! Just hope the form continues in Europe and we can stay in the top four come the end of the season .

surfer
    Free Member

Sale.

Bear
    Free Member

Also Irish supporter (for no other reason than I know someone involved with the club) so always look out for them and would love them to do well in a comp this year.

lunge

Worcester season ticket holder here, we’ll get stuffed by Stade tonight but so long as we stay in the Prem i’ll be happy.

IdleJon

Well, Worcester didn’t do too badly. Just a pity that they didn’t have more idea behind the scrum – too much lateral stuff, not enough go forward! And of course far too many mistakes allowing Stade to kick penalties.

ron jeremy – Member
    Not sure on The Saints chances to be honest, saw them play Ospreys in Bridgend the other week and they looked a bit off pace if you ask me,

The Brewery Field used to be a difficult ground for away teams, mainly because it was so heavy going. Any team that was used to playing on a decent pitch struggled. Not sure what it’s like these days. (I think they’ve put some decent lights in now, ones that actually illuminate the whole pitch…)

dunsapie
    Free Member

COYS – (The Northampton lot will know)

timc
    Free Member

Half Scouser / Half Irish, Munster is the families team

I went the final last season though, great match!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Dragons, may do ok if our world cup heroes perform, but the rest of the team need to shape up.

bloody rain last week, and bloody rain now!

benson330
    Free Member

Ulster Rugby here in Belfast hosting Clermont in a mighty tough Pool 4. History suggests a home win, just!

duckman

Scottish teams, Embra are going well just now,Irish were poor a couple of weeks when I saw them,so potential for an upset.A couple of gutless losses at home for both Scottish districts followed by ruining somebody else’s chances away. I suspect the perceived malaise may affect the English teams this year, and even if it didn’t: Clermont look VERY good. Glaws the game of the first weekend for me.DD will be along in a min to talk about the Irish. I-Jon I saw the Anglo Welsh Ospreys game the other week, good young side, but will struggle in Europe. Is seabass playing this year?

Guys, can we keep this one clean/civil please.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great result for Munster last night, wasn’t it?
    😈

IdleJon

Duckman, sorry brain not working. Who is seabass?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Standing up for the Ulstermen here. Very tough group and can’t see us progressing to be honest, I’ll happily eat my words though!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well done Sexton shutting up the booing French crowd

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IdleJon – Member
    Duckman, sorry brain not working. Who is seabass?

Sebastian Chabal.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

European Cup Rugby O’Flashearty you muppet. 😆 Clue: it’s in the thread title.

Great result for Edinburgh duckie against the notnots. 🙂

Open competition this year…well it is if you’re Munster, Leinster or French. If you’re Scottish, Welsh (plastiques included) or English, the best you can hope for is that you get to see some class sides with European pedigree come to visit your ground. 😆

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well somehow we managed to get the win, didn’t deserve to if I’m honest.
    Good result for Edin as well, didn’t see that one coming. If only all crowds were as silent for the kickers as Munster

duckman

Great result for Edinburgh duckie against the notnots.

Bollards! Just in from my reffing and was just about to start watching..DD you git!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oops, misread the paper this morning! 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Duckie, I’m sorry man. I didn’t mean to do a spoiler on you. 😐

BlindMelon
    Free Member

DD what province do you follow ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bristol. 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pay O’Flashearty no heed BM. He’s never really been pleased about being outed as a plastic Wales fan. Apparently, though I was born and raised in limerick, and am a keen fan of Munster and Ireland, but happen by dint of economic circumstances in the early nineties, to live in Bristol, I’m now plastic, in his skewed opinion anyway. 😆

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thank goodness for that for a minute I thought you might be a Dublin 4 nice boy!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No chance. Yaw. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

good results from the welsh teams!

Seabass is broken isnt he?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just popping some humble pie into the oven to heat up. 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

Just got back from the Ospreys scrapping past Biarritz, pretty dire game to be honest, Tommy B took his chance very well and just managed to slide in. Harry Ordinary was immense and full of gallic gallicness 😆 injured shrugging and being everywhere at once it seems. Nice bit of petulance as well 8)

Two old boys in front of us were like Waldorf and Statler, everytime anyone kicked the ball they would moan and groan 🙂 brilliant entertainment.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Cancel that humble pie DD what a fantastic game, unlucky saints you should have had it in the bag. Well played Munster, epic last 6 mins

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been frantically updating the live scores page on beeb while I’ve been on the train BM. Couldn’t believe they pulled it out of the bag at the end.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

It was awesome, try to catch the highlights. Something like 35 phases in the last 6 mins

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘European Cup Rugby’ is closed to new replies.