Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • European Athletics Champs
  • Marge
    Free Member

Anyone else been watching them?

Last night saw the 100M won a funny looking skinny(comparatively) white French guy. Damn quick obviously but with a rather interesting attempt at a moustache. 2nd thru 5th (I think) all ran the same time (rounded up to hundredths) including drugs / no drugs Dwain Chambers & the increasingly wide Mark Lewis Francis. (will need 2 lanes very soon)

Womens long jump was good for many reasons. 1st & 2nd jumped the same distance. Don't know how they decided who won to be honest. (must take a look on the BBC site.)

The womens 10k was another slightly odd entry. Plenty of emigrated non-Europeans Europeans if that makes sense.

MSP

billybob
    Free Member

I think if 2 people jump the same distance the higher position goes to who jumped that distance first.

Marge
    Free Member

I think if 2 people jump the same distance the higher position goes to who jumped that distance first.

I thought the same but double checking on BBC sport – the Portugese lady jumped it 9 minutes earlier…

"20:11 The women's 10,000m final is under way although there is no British presence because Jo Pavey is out injured. More drama in the women's long jump final as Latvia's Ineta Radevica regains the lead with a leap of 6.92m.

20:02 In the women's long jump, Portugal's Naida Gomes smashes the board of take-off and leaps 6.92m, a season's best, to take the lead from Latvia's Ineta Radevica."

matthew_h
    Free Member

It'll be decided on who's next longest jump was the longer.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

The thing is most of the top ten europeans would struggle to make the world finals especially on the time they run.

surfer
    Free Member

It'll be decided on who's next longest jump was the longer.

Yes its done on "countback"

surfer
    Free Member

The thing is most of the top ten europeans would struggle to make the world finals especially on the time they run

Depends very much on the event.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘European Athletics Champs’ is closed to new replies.