• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • euromillions winners
  • organic355
    Free Member

have we done this yet?

seem like worthy winners for once and plan to give a lot of it back to charities and to people that have helped them through life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15260940

alfabus
    Free Member

As usual, I am astounded that anyone ever wants to ‘go public’ with a win like this.

However, they seem to have given a sensible reason for once – so that their kids didn’t feel awkward. Can’t help thinking that a bit of awkwardness in not telling people you are loaded would be a hell of a lot easier than having everyone you have ever met pestering you for money!

Good luck to them, I hope they enjoy it.

Dave

z1ppy

alfabus +1, why make yourself a target to those that prey on “winners”?
    (whether it charities, criminals or anything inbetween)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“seem like worthy winners for once”

If you pay for a ticket your entitled to win, thats the rules of the game isnt it? I dont think serving criminals should be allowed to play though.

Also being stupid and giving larges sums to charity doesnt make you more worthy than the next, why not just set up a company, make big profits for yourself and employ lots of people, surely thats just as good as giving lots of money to charity?

I would never go public, I cant see the need to. Yes people would realise your loaded, but surely you just tell people if needs be, no need to shout it out..

stumpy01

I was convinced that I had the winning ticket!

xiphon
    Free Member

Don’t you have to go public, as part of the agreement of accepting the payout?

It’s great marketing for the lottery people….

MrTall
    Free Member

I got 3 numbers and 1 star number in the same draw and bagged the princely sum of £8.50.

See, i’ve decided to go public with my win as well, i just hope i don’t become a magnet for scroungers and criminals now…..

And The Sun is running a story today about how she’s a serial cheater who dumped her son and fleeced her ex. But they seem to look like a decent couple to me?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Unless you abandon your family and everyone you know I’d have thought in practice it’s nigh on impossible to not go public.
    But I guess there’s a distinction to be made between something being public domain, and actively publicising the fact.

brakes
    Free Member

And The Sun is running a story today about how she’s a serial cheater who dumped her son and fleeced her ex. But they seem to look like a decent couple to me?

Sun readers should not be allowed to take part in the lottery.
    Or breathe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

or indeed buy the Sun

DrP

Mr tall -lend us a tenner….

DrP

alfabus
    Free Member

Don’t you have to go public, as part of the agreement of accepting the payout?

no, winners can choose anonymity, and camelot have to respect that choice in all their press releases etc.

Dave

edit: is it still camelot??

jon1973
    Free Member

why not just set up a company, make big profits for yourself and employ lots of people

Because winning the lottery doesn’t autmatically make you capable of running a sucessful business.

RobHilton
    Free Member

why not just set up a company, make big profits for yourself and employ lots of people

Would you seriously take on the crap of running a company if you got >100M for no effort?
    I could think of at least 3 things I’d rather do.

How big would your profits need to be before you had enough?

DezB
    Free Member

“They have drawn up a list of friends and family members who they want to turn into millionaires”

Jeez, and you thought doing a list of wedding guests was hard!

If you invite so-and-so, you can’t leave wassisname off the list… etc!

samuri
    Free Member

I wonder when they’ll get in touch about where to send my cheque.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Jeez, and you thought doing a list of wedding guests was hard!

Could be a blessing. Imagine the layabouts you’d never have to consort with agen – and they’d have to be everso nice to you if you happened to cross paths, you know – just in case.

Wonder if they really will give away what they think they’ll give away when they consider how much will vanish in taxes.

DezB
    Free Member

I wonder when they’ll get in touch about where to send my cheque.

Ah didn’t they tell you? they just crossed your name off the list..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘euromillions winners’ is closed to new replies.