Eurocarparts

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Eurocarparts
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Sometimes I really need artwork relating to European carp so I visit the website of Euro Carp Arts. They usually have what I want, and it’s usually cheaper than German and Swedish Fish (GSF) but what other websites should I look at?

(it’s a slow day – I am obviously talking about car parts)

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I buy all my unusually coloured coarse fish from this place:

https://www.amberrudd.co.uk/about-amber-rudd

Although I sometimes get particularly shy predators from here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Pike

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

Try Carp Hearts 4 less

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Carp pair the meer cats.

sarawak

There’s a plaice you could try on top of the Pike.
    They are a dab hand and will give you blenny of help.
    I’m not codding.

I’m more of a perch man

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Funny, from the other thread I had you down as more of a cod botherer. 😉

Personally I’m not sure I believe in deep sea fish.
    I’m Hagnostic.

bigyinn

carp arts for less is basically euro carp arts, but can be cheaper than euro carp arts.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

ECP and GSF are owned by The Parts alliance along with some others. Same suppliers.
    Personally, I would avoid their budget ranges unless you are about to sell the car to someone you don’t like.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Yeah agreed re the budget ranges. I try to find OEM which is Sachs for the Passat, not sure what it would be for a Japanese made Toyota tho.

carp arts for less is basically euro carp arts, but can be cheaper than euro carp arts.

Yeah they are a little cheaper in this case.. thanks.

Edukator

My mother-in-law (married to a Pole) noticed the name of the shop we were going to, turned to my father-in-law and said,”look, A…..! EUROSKI, they must be Polish!”

I wonder if they have spares for my motorpike and side carp?

andyl

AEP Direct worth a look too.

Premier Icon ajantom
    Subscriber

Mister Auto came out cheaper than ECP last time I needed some bits, and their own brand stuff seems to be pretty decent quality (so far!)

I’m very split on whether ECP are any good. They get parts wrong so often. The advertised RRP’s (clown prices) and their comedy sales are amusing.

Marko

Japanese made Toyota

‘Blue print’ for Japanese. Groupauto members seem to be the place for Blue print these days.

I don’t think ECP and GSF are the same companies – both owned by huge American corporations though and both sell some utter junk. Always ask for the premium branded stuff.

votchy

Buy Carp Arts dot co dot uk are always cheaper than euro carp arts and more reliable. I no longer use euro carp arts as their service is abysmal since they relocated

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I tried my local place a few times recently:
    New MAF sensor – local was unbranded and £68+vat. Parts shop in Burnley posted me a proper Bosch one with 5yr guarantee for £28 all in….

ECP seem to do similar – make up a price in the hope that someone’s desperate enough to need it then, then discount heavily at random times. They’re clearly fishing for business.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I’m very split on whether ECP are any good. They get parts wrong so often.

When I changed the shocks on the Passat I wanted as close to OEM ride as possible. ECP had Sachs which apparently supply VW, and they recommended a part number. To double check they were recommending the right part I went through the Sachs catalogue with car recommendations, and they matched up.

The shocks are indeed very nice and plush, a significant improvement but probably down to the age of the car; however the ride is now a lot firmer. Not going to say worse, but it certainly seems different so I dunno if Sachs aftermarket department just disagree with VW’s original idea of what the ride should be like, I dunno.

I’ve got three ECPs within easy driving distance of me though – which is pretty useful.

bigyinn

It probably more an indication of how much the originals had degraded over time, rather than any significant difference in damping. I don’t know if car shocks need to bed in like bike suspension does though.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

They did need bedding in yes. This was a year ago tho. They are definitely difference. There’s a chance that if the originals were nitrogen charged the gas leaked out over the 11 years they were on. TBH it feels more like how I expected the car to feel before I test drove it. I have a feeling cars have become firmer over the last decade or two, so maybe that’s part of it.

When I changed the shocks on the Passat I wanted as close to OEM ride as possible. ECP had Sachs which apparently supply VW, and they recommended a part number. To double check they were recommending the right part I went through the Sachs catalogue with car recommendations, and they matched up.

My experience was the opposite – ECP had Sachs springs listed for my C8, no idea what spec they were and didn’t match the catalogue. When I queried this with Sachs they told me ECP sell Sachs springs made to their own spec and it had bugger all to do with them. FWIW they were fine in the end but still something to watch.

I ususally research the parts, usually if you are buying the mid tier stuff it’s a sub-brand of a well known name or OEM manufacturer.

Power Gen Italia

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

Have you tried phoning your local branch of TPS? I’ve found them pretty unbeatable for genuine VWG bits.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

ECP had Sachs springs listed for my C8, no idea what spec they were and didn’t match the catalogue.

Hmm, I didn’t check springs, only shocks.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

ECP seem to do similar – make up a price in the hope that someone’s desperate enough to need it then, then discount heavily at random times. They’re clearly fishing for business.

You ask for a new clutch from your local independent garage
    £200 from ECP +£200 Labour. Mechanic makes £200.

What actually happens is the mechanic gets ~50% off for having a trade account with them (the ‘sale’ price they offer at the end of most months to the public) so only paid £100 for the part that appears as a £200 line item on your bill.

sarawak

Just bought a set of genuine Brembo pads and discs for the wife’s Fiesta from ECP. £80, plus a bottle of Scotch for the guy next door who helped out. A lot less than the £350 that the garage was quoting. And they wouldn’t have used Brembo!

Marko

What actually happens is the mechanic gets ~50% off for having a trade account with them (the ‘sale’ price they offer at the end of most months to the public) so only paid £100 for the part that appears as a £200 line item on your bill.

Not a chance. Most of that trade complain that anybody can walk in off the street and get the same price (more or less) as an account holder spending £££ per month.

I’m have an account at at GSF and on several occasions a customer has told me they can get the same part from GSF/ECP for the same price as I pay. All I get is a months credit.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.