Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Eurocarparts question
  • nstpaul

Hello all,

Looking to replace the starter on my car and found what I need with this lot.

There’s a surcharge until old starter returned and then a ‘credit note’ will be issued to refund surcharge.

Is this ‘credit note’ from them just a way of not refunding me actual money and making me buy more stuff from them?

Can’t get an answer from them at the moment hence asking here.

Anyone have any experience of this?

Cheers

alanl
    Free Member

No, just take it back with the old part, and they will refund you.
    I’ve done it twice now, albeit, the last time was 3 years ago.

danmac
    Free Member

Yeh they will refund your card/cash money depending on how you paid. I did it a couple of weeks ago with an alternator

Greybeard
    Free Member

Might be worth knowing that carparts4less.co.uk are the delivery only sibling of eurocarparts. They each have different discount schemes, usually carparts4less are cheaper, if somebody will be at home for the delivery. The usual issues with cheap do apply, and I haven’t found their customer service to be brilliant – they sent the wrong item once, and wouldn’t dispatch the part I ordered until they’d received the wrong one back.

airvent
    Free Member

That’s how it works with alternators, even if you’re a garage.

Marko

Just watch out for the utter junk they (often) sell!

I only ever fit exchanges from the big players: Bosch Valeo and Delco Remy. I could add Blue print for Japanese.

RustyNissanPrairie

Might be worth knowing that carparts4less.co.uk are the delivery only sibling of eurocarparts

This +1.

Considerably cheaper than ECP but mail order only. You can return their stuff to ECP over the counter for refund/core charge as I’ve done it.

nstpaul

Cheers all,

It’s a bosch starter motor (direct replacement, old one already removed) and I can pick up in store tomorrow which means I get back on the road asap but will bookmark the online only for future.

Thanks 👍

Phil_H

I haven’t found their customer service to be brilliant – they sent the wrong item once, and wouldn’t dispatch the part I ordered until they’d received the wrong one back.

This happened to me with a wing mirror for my van. The wrong side was in the box. Wouldn’t send out a replacement until they received the return. They then sent me the same one back, twice🙄

oldnick

Depending who is on the desk I can get amazing prices at my local ECP, and always better than the online prices (even allowing for the continuous offers/vouchers/codes online).
    Seems an odd way of doing business.
    And yes, stick to the brands if you plan on keeping the car.

Edit. Don’t overlook your local refurb place. I got my starter and alternator tested/repaired/tested again for £60 and 30 minutes total, the bloke was happy to have me in the workshop whilst he did it too, always interesting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eurocarparts question’ is closed to new replies.