Euro Disney Q /bikes on the car Q

Home Forum Chat Forum Euro Disney Q /bikes on the car Q

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Euro Disney Q /bikes on the car Q
  • Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

I stayed once for a work trip and disney and wouldn’t have left a bike on my car unless i could see it, it’s not all secure by any means just drive in and out to the one I used.

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Subscriber

Cheap bikes, or something of value?

Don’t know about France, but in the UK I wouldn’t leave bikes of value on a car roof, even to just pop into a service station for a quick snack.

Quick search, Disney have left luggage options. Not sure that would cover bikes, but maybe. http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/practicalities/luggage-storage/

P-Jay

We stayed at one of the ‘partner hotels’ magic circus or some such on the way back from Morzine.

When we booked they promised they could store bikes, when we arrived they pointed us towards a steel rail bike rack near the entrance, I was displeased at best. Wouldn’t accept them into their huge luggage store.

I wasn’t happy – we were using a rear rack – I reversed them into one of their hedges in the car park, made a bit of a mess of the hedge, but the bikes were much harder to see and would have been a proper faf to steel.

Wouldn’t do it again, wouldn’t go to Euro Disney either, it’s shite.

Premier Icon nemesis
    Subscriber

Mine and my wife’s have value. The others are kids bikes. I’ve left them locked to the roof before but in fairly safe places and with extra locks

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Good solution will be to stay at Davy Crockett ranch. It is about 5 mins drive from the park, nice quality mobile home type holiday camp. It is a disney site so good standards, a lot cheaper than a hotel in the park and also nice and quiet after a manic day with mickey. No housekeeping during your stay so no issue leaving the bikes in the building.

Davy Crockett clickety click

Premier Icon nemesis
    Subscriber

We’re thinking of stopping off at euro Disney for a couple of nights on the way back from our holiday in France.

We’ll be driving and will have four bikes on the roof rack.

Couple of questions

Will we be ok parking at one of the hotels with bikes on the roof? Usually when we stop at hotels, we try to leave the bikes in reception or somewhere in the hotel that they let is but I feel that Disney might be less accommodating. Alternatively any suggestions for non Disney hotels fairly close that might be more flexible?

Second, arriving in the late afternoon one day, staying two nights and then leaving just after lunch on the next day ie 1.5 days at euro Disney. Is this going to be enough to make it worthwhile? Kids are 5 and 9?

TIA

bubs

Davy Crockett +1

m0rk

And another. You can hide them in the kitchen / bedroom with the curtains shut at Davy Crockett, but no way would I leave it in the main car park

Premier Icon aikon
    Subscriber

Ditto Davy Crockett, or sneak them up to your room, have done both.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

We stayed at the Hotel Golden Tulip, in Marne La Vallee, a couple of miles away. I’d happily stay there again. Cost wise it was on par with a Premier Inn, but was actually a really nice hotel. It had a secure underground car park. The lift went straight down to the car park, so perhaps you could wheel them up to the room or just lock them securely underground.

revs1972

I ve always taken bikes into a hotel and kept them in the room.
    Take the wheels off first though . If someone sees you wheeling a bike through then they get funny,but they don’t seem to bat an eyelid when carrying a frame through.

flaps

We went this time last year, three families, six kids (ours were two and six) we stayed in the New York hotel for five nights and thought it was fantastic. Had it not cost over £3k (school holidays) we would be going back this year. When we got back we looked again at the map to find loads of things we missed, we could have done with longer but I certainly was ‘Disneyed out’.

I saw nowhere to suggest leaving the bikes and just because it’s Disney doesn’t mean you can trust it to be safe. I doubt it would be the kind of place someone would go looking for bikes but an opportunist could quickly be off with them.

Could you not put them in the car for the time you were there?

Premier Icon pocpoc
    Subscriber

Davy Crocket’s your best bet as suggested.
    Trying to sneak them up to a hotel room could be tricky. We staying the Sequoia (?) earlier this year and every door had a security guard on it of some description. Front doors even had bag scanners and wand scanner things every time you went through.

Premier Icon nemesis
    Subscriber

Thanks everyone. Will look into those suggestions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.