Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,247 total)
  • Euro 2016 begins!
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

England reminded me a bit of Utd under LVG – lots of possession, bit slow and stodgy, not many clear chances created but doing enough (just) to win. Wales were absolutely dire to be honest. Quite a turnaround needed v Russia if they’re not to blow qualification. I agree with all the comments re Sterling! 5 minutes of Rashford and you can see what he has that Sterling lacks – a football brain and a bit of awareness.

MSP

I am surprised how well Rooney is doing, he wouldn’t have been on my team sheet for this tournament, he would barely have made the squad on last seasons performance.

Sterling is an easy target, its just a continuation of the vitriol directed at him by the bitter ex Liverpool players masquerading as pundits. Kane has been equally as bad these two games, I wonder if he will get the same treatment when united pay 60mill for him.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Agreed – but I suspect better sides won’t give him as much time and space.

Do we know if Low and his assistant have matching shoes on as well? And I wonder who decides on the outfit?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

C’mon now. Lets have no trouble in the thread.

It’s not like we’re rugby fans….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Missed part of the middle of the game, bastarding boss came down! grrrr.

I’d imagine he thought be highly unlikely to be watching and England game 😉

@binners agreed totally I can’t see Sterling on last seasons form or this garbage lasting too long under Pep. I do feel for Kane as I think had Vardy or Sturridge come on at half time against Russia Kane would still be at 9. Chapeau to Rooney too, if he keeps this up we’ll be seeing him in that role for 4 more years. Hard to see any other team against Slovakia than Vardy/Sturridge/Llana etc

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

good result for England..but in reality Wales werent at the races. Wasnt impressed with Delle Alli and Sterling. Not as sharp as in the first game and a bit complacent in the passing.

Was hoping for Rashford to score.. but glad Sturridge did if only for his impression of Crouchys robot. Oh how I miss the robot.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just in a Youtube blackhole while watching the Germans huff and puff.

Who knew Gordan Strachan had such a gift for comedy….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2f29gTWX0[/video]

theotherjonv

I thought Alli’s touch was poor today as well, would have swapped him for Lallana going off when Rashford came on.

I’d like to see Kane and Sturridge start on Monday; keep Vardy for impact and Sturridge’s better vision and flicks and passes will give Kane more to work with. We haven’t seen the best of Kane and I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him either.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Well….that was a snooze fest.

Looks like Deadly Serious was 1/3 right.

Could well see three draws today.

SaxonRider

The Poles just played a strong defensive game against the Germans. Although supporting Germany, I couldn’t help but cheer a bit for the spirited Poles.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye crap game.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does make Group C a bit more interesting…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Doesn’t suit NI 🙁

Not a total shocker to see them play out a 0-0 as its fine for them both

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Given this guys reaction at 1-1, I hate to think how he ended up after the winner went in 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Continuing the tradition of making terrible predictions:

Italy v Sweden
    Czech Republic v Croatia
    Spain v Turkey

As usual, I never ever predict draws 😀

On a side note, while the unpredictability makes me poorer, it certainly makes the tournament richer. Great to see the so called ‘smaller nations’ going out swinging.

isto
    Free Member

Everyone very happy (with sore heads) here in Norn Iron. After a poor opener we played well as a team, just like in qualification. Better than the some of our parts and all that.

Good to see England, Wales and Norn Iron have all at least won a match. Time to cross fingers that we can all get through the group stages.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Italy v Sweden
    Czech Republic v Croatia
    Spain v Turkey

You’re not exactly going out on a limb Bongo! 😉

As with the game last night it’s going to be more difficult to predict the final group games, as a lot of teams will be set up to avoid losing, rather than going out to win. Bit like us really….will Woy select a team that will hit on the break rather than start on the front foot v Slovakia

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good to see England, Wales and Norn Iron have all at least won a match. Time to cross fingers that we can all get through the group stages.

Agreed and hopefully joined by the Republic

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You’re not exactly going out on a limb Bongo!

I know. As every other time I have gone out on a limb, it’s got torn off 🙁

isto
    Free Member

Agreed and hopefully joined by the Republic

Yes, really hope they can get a win against Belgium. They really deserved one against Sweden….just hope it doesn’t come down to the Italy match.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If Zlatan turns up, then Sweden will win.

Otherwise, bore-score-draw.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I imagine the quality of the laydeeeees in the crowd is of a particularly high standard in this clash of nations .

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Indeed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Znw7Da1n6c[/video]

I was just thinking there really hasn’t been enough pervy cameramen in this tournament. Brasil WC was 50% football and 50% ladies in the crowd.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its been cool to see the players wives with the kids at the stadiums.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Zzzzzzzzzz

Rockape63
    Free Member

Its been cool to see the players wives with the kids at the stadiums.

Oh go on then as its Friday afternoon, it must be WAG time!

Ludivine Sagna

OR Ludivine Payet

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

+35mins

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just watching a bit of Italy v Sweden and Fat Zlat is merely wandering around the centre circle!

binners

Arse!!! Had a few quid on that being a nil nil draw! 😥

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Likewise.

What is it with this tournament and late goals?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve never seen my father in law so angry. Haha! Unlucky Sweden , thought that was a penalty on first sight

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Unlucky Sweden

Not really. They’ve not had a shot on target in two games.

Zlatan and Ronaldo will probably go out for a drink tonight and moan about being gods among men.

dragon
    Free Member

What a miss by Zlatan 😳 😆

Which is an interesting point which of the big stars has turned up or failed to deliver?

Off the top of my head Payet and Bale definitely have turned up. Ronaldo, Zlatan, Kane so far at least less so.

theotherjonv

Can’t disagree with Bale based on stats, 2 games, 2 goals, both spectacular free kicks…..

But in general play he was either very well marshalled or just disappointing yesterday. I didn’t really feel whenever he got the ball ‘Uh oh…..’ apart from when he was lining up the FK.

And i want more from the multimillion pound players than just a dead ball routine.

seosamh77
    Free Member

1 man teams will only go so far, they need some sort of back up.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone would have begrudged Sweden for getting a 0-0 draw ,

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

When did Clattenberg join the priesthood??

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone would have begrudged Sweden for getting a 0-0 draw ,

With £50 coming for that outcome, no, no I wouldn’t have 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Croatia going to get kicked out.

Scenes. Thought that guy got blown up.

No police at all? Anywhere?

thepurist

Ffs what is so difficult about stopping these people from bringing flares into the grounds? Thought one of the stewards was hit too.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,247 total)

The topic ‘Euro 2016 begins!’ is closed to new replies.