Viewing 40 posts - 39,841 through 39,880 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As for the BS that this is a Tory issue – although the (mis)framing explains much of the BS – let’s see what Sir Keir Starmer thought

Although we are fiercely internationalist and fiercely pro-European, we in the Labour party are, above all, democrats. Had the outcome been to remain, we would have expected the result to be honoured, and that cuts both ways. A decision was made on 23 June last year to leave the EU. Two thirds of Labour MPs represent constituencies that voted to leave; one third represent constituencies that voted to remain. This is obviously a difficult decision. I wish the result had gone the other way—I campaigned passionately for that—but as democrats we in the Labour party have to accept the result. It follows that the prime minister should not be blocked from starting the article 50 negotiations.

ninfan
    Free Member

Labour MPs in the north of England are afraid to make the case against incase their voters turn against them. Its pathetic. See Andy Burnham playing the race card in the manchester mayoral elections.

* Coz if they thought that leaving the EU would mean the hated Pakistanis living in Rotherham would be expelled then they deserve to be called thick

Labour voters and Thick racists… strange old correlation that one 😉

Cougar

As for the BS that this is a Tory issue

No, you’re right, the Tories totally have nothing to do with this.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So next step would have been to present a coherent leave policy to Parliament outlining what was being proposed and the impacts of various outcomes (can’t be that hard as you tell us thm that you have a full set) presented an economic assessment and budget and voted on that with a number of safeguards in place for when it turned really bad.

And yes it is a tory issue, they proposed it, they delivered it and now they are running it.

crankboy
    Free Member

“It follows that the prime minister should not be blocked from starting the article 50 negotiations.”
    Unless and until the people of the country decide that Brexit is not for them,at which point the farce should stop. Plus the remoaners are democratically entitled to keep pointing out, as you have thm, that Brexit is a really bad idea.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect you to remember what the Tory government and PM campaigned for cougar. So don’t worry. It’s not just Brexshiteers who distort the truth.

I have already posted a gov note on next steps and the various expected outcomes – to which we got the reply, “can’t be bothered to read 87 pages”. And yet no one is calling for those who don’t want to understand to be excluded from voting.

dudeofdoom

Do next step would have been to present a coherent leave policy to Parliament outlining what was being proposed and the impacts of various outcomes (can’t be that hard as you tell us thm that you have a full set) presented an economic assessment and budget and voted on that with a number of safeguards in place for when it turned really bad.

Should have been done before the referendum was offered,

although you could argue project fear attempted that but hey how with the leave side running better advertising.

remember Goves we’ve had enough of experts line and lately DD’s hating of models.

kimbers

Labour voters and Thick racists

Anyone can be racist, it’s not always Tory voters!

But racists & thick is a much stronger correlation

kelvin

Plenty of smart racists. And plenty more smart people using racism as a tool.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is it smart to post racist cartoons or just racist?

Mini THM is Edinburgh this evening gets abused for being English – “FO you English, this is Scot Rail after all”. How charming.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So you have discovered racism, lucky he doesn’t have to experience it every day.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I know imagine if he was an Aborigine?

tjagain

Given the casual racism against Scots of his father my guess is the son has the same attitudes

I have an english name and accent and have not experienced this is 25 years of living in Edinburgh. Edinburgh has a huge number of english folk living in it

tjagain

kelvin – Member

Plenty of smart racists. NOpe – not one. racism is always stupid

And plenty more smart people using racism as a tool.

Indeed. Its all part of the game for people. stir up racism to divide and conquer

mikewsmith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    I know imagine if he was an Aborigine?

Or Scottish, Irish, Polish or even had a different skin tone. I assume your just trying lame quips to try and make a point but time to get back to the real issues here.

@tj there are many people who are smart who are racist – doesn’t make racism smart or any less stupid. There are also a number of very smart people doing the manipulation of people to use race to create division for their own means.

metalheart
    Free Member

Mini THM is Edinburgh this evening gets abused for being English

Maybe the acorn never falls far from the oak and mini thm was being a dick, trying to wind people up and got a reaction…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42297430
    and more enemies of the people fighting the undemocratic parliament…

A cross-party group of MPs says the promise of a “meaningful vote” for Parliament on any Brexit deal should be enshrined in the EU Withdrawal Bill.
    Former Conservative attorney-general Dominic Grieve will table such an amendment to the bill later this week.
    The All-Party Parliamentary Group on EU Relations supports the move, urging backbenchers to put “the national interest” above party politics.
    The amendment will be debated in the House of Commons on Tuesday.

Who would have thought that having an option to reign in the one party driving Brexit would be a good thing

codybrennan
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Is it smart to post racist cartoons or just racist?

Mini THM is Edinburgh this evening gets abused for being English – “FO you English, this is Scot Rail after all”. How charming

I’ve had “Oi, JOCK!!!” in London more times than I can count. And been told my money was scrap (or worse) far too often. Curiously, only in certain English cities, go figure.

So casual xenophobia is endemic, and no indication of mental prowess 🙂

Free trade deals you say?

https://www.ft.com/content/b48e4f3a-dc0e-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

thecaptain
    Free Member

well thank brexit we won’t have that awful deal rammed down our throats by the fascist EU warmongering capitalist scum.

mrmo
    Free Member

Had the outcome been to remain, we would have expected the result to be honoured, and that cuts both ways.

Which is frankly BS, we all know that if leave had lost it would not have shut up and “respected” the result.

So why expect remainers to shut up?

pondo

Farage said as much on the day, didn’t he?

dannyh
    Free Member

When is it going to become the fault of Jews and Marxists?

If you’re going for the full stab in the back myth you might as well do it properly. 🙄

Edukator
    Free Member

I’d appreciate it if people who link the FT at least paraphrase what the article says otherwise the post means nothing to the majority of STW users.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Edukator, sign up to the FT and you can read a few per month

Edukator
    Free Member

There’s about an FT link a day on this thread.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

my guess is the son has the same attitudes

Is wrong – as usual – both in the intention of the insult and amusingly in fact since both are Scotophiles. Still 99% wrong TJ, well done.

Edinburgh has a huge number of english folk living in it

Indeed some even own multiple properties pushing up prices for low income Scots increasing homelessness in the capital so that they have homeless people living on their doorstep. Then they deal with their sense of guilt by offering the poor a coffee and a sandwich and publicise their “generosity” for a pat on the back ?!? What spirit??

No metalheart – but more obvious who is behaving like a dick and the apologists for racism. The next thing will be posting racist cartoons like other tag team members. True colours coming out loud and clear

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No metalheart – but more obvious who is behaving like a dick and the apologists for racism. The next thing will be posting racist cartoons like other tag team members. True colours coming out loud and clear

Seriously??
    Who has apologised for racism? Please quote and post it’s really easy.

DrJ

I wouldn’t expect you to remember what the Tory government and PM campaigned for cougar.

I’m sure he remembers fine, since his memory also appears to stretch back to remembering why there was something to campaign about in the first place.

So don’t worry. It’s not just Brexshiteers who distort the truth.

Apparently not

tjagain

Some of us fight against and call out racism. THM posts racist slurs and gets banned / warned for them and has his posts removed.

THM has outed himself as anti scots racist many times

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Please read it’s easy – note the lie required to attempt to blame the victim. True colours.

More lies TJ but your crass attempt to victim blame was obvious. True colours

Good Marr today with Stramer and DD. Interesting program

Both main parties on the same page and Labour ruling out second referendum.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Please quote and post it’s really easy.

DrJ

Just as a point of discussion, does posting a picture of something racist make you a racist? If I post a picture of Zwaart Piet and say “this is a thing that happens in Holland”, does that make me a racist?

tjagain

teamhurtmore

More lies TJ but your crass attempt to victim blame was obvious. True colours

THM – you DID get warned / banned for racist anti scots slurs. One you repeated many times.

You could be a man and admit your actions and apologise. Or you could keep on making false statements about this. I can’t quote the posts because they were removed but it is true this happened and many of us remember.

so will you admit that you used racist pejorative terms about scots or will you continue in your denial?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You could put your kilfille back on and save a lot of lies and wasted time. Or you can keep lying about me being racist and hating Scotland and accusing my son – who you have never met and about whom you know no detail – of being racist too. Those of the typical actions of Internet bullies. You decide if you want to continue on those lines “again”

Back to the EU now for the rest of us.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Please quote and post it’s really easy.

Or report but as we are not sure what you are going on about it’s a bit harder…

tjagain

Its not lies THM

Answer one simple question. Did you get posts removed and a ban / warning for posting racist pejorative terms to describe scots?
    Hint – we know the answer

metalheart
    Free Member

note the lie required to attempt to blame the victim. True colours

Wrong button. Try again. But seems you’re one of them thicko’s you keep banging on about so I’ll explain it for you 😉

Maybe (s)he was showing the same cultural insensitivity you show on here (time and time again) and maybe they just thought mini thm was a dick…

Now, please, let’s have some more of your condescending patronising thmness

duckman

While it in no way excuses somebody having a go at mini THM, senior did indeed get a ban for the constant use of the word “sweaties” to describe Scots.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No maybes at all – you are wrong. So your excuse for being rude and apologising for “racism” falls flat.True colours

Any way this thread in not about abusive, racist Scots it’s about the EU… So back on topic

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So you excuse forbeing rude and apologising for “racism” falls flat.True colours

Tell us what you are objecting to, it’s really easy

Viewing 40 posts - 39,841 through 39,880 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.