Viewing 40 posts - 35,641 through 35,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • zokes
    Free Member

Still no grounds to sack him offered

Ok, evidently you’re not as bright as you like to think you are…

It was massive over-reach with very clear undertones of state interference in the independence of our university sector. Thus, he should be sacked because

A) He wasn’t aware how this should look and was thus even by Tory standards grossly incompetent, or

B) He knew exactly how it would look and thus was directly undermining recent government policy on academic freedoms within the university sector

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The real reason May can’t do anything about him?
    She can’t find any other MP’s else to buy.

In normal times he would have been sacked as Whip for basically doing what he would normally pick up others for. He has given people in the party some free reign to do what they like.

So perhaps sacking as an MP is too much, removal from position, relegation to the back of the line and a stern warning about his future standing at the next election would be the norm.

Unless of course your blinkers are fitted extra tight in which case it’s perfectly normal to miss the obvious and stick to the party line.

igm

:D. Ok I’ve been out in the hit and miss tonight but I’m not pissed enough to write that!!! Errr,,, errr,,, the quardian is annoyed – sack the bastard. Brilliant !!!

Nope. I got to the conclusion that he should resign, not that he should be sacked. And did it without the Guardian’s help.

No10 jumped quickly to say he’d done it as a private individual not in the role of a junior member of the government. The inference being if he’d done it as a government whip, he’d have had to go. And perhaps that’s fair enough – so not a sacking offence, but a resigning one.

The Guardian are merely the third group to come to the same conclusion.

As for the “what’s he done?” you’re taking, well you’re entitled to an opinion, and I’m not even going to point out it’s wrong, merely that No10 thing what he’s done is wrong hence why they need to distance themselves.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

God help the Unis if they feel in any way threatened by a silly letter. As usual with sensational headlines the underlying story is pretty dull.

igm

God help the Unis if they feel in any way threatened by a silly letter.

Agreed. They won’t. As I said previously.

Which makes him more of an imbecile not less in need of resignation.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    God help the Unis if they feel in any way threatened by a silly letter.

LOL truly got the blinkers on, remember when Trump asked for the names of those who had been presenting on climate change etc. politicians should not hold sway over universities – it was a big miscalculation by the MP hence why number 10 have distanced themselves from it.
    Much like yourself they are very keen to avoid any discussion of Brexit and the potential impacts for fear of the entire idea becoming so deeply unpopular it has to be abandoned. That should tell you enough.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed no one discusses brexit do they mike?

Given the driving out of Brexshiteers from their thread, that is a mighty rich accusation to make!

Still back to reality and the train moves slowly forwards

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reading and Comprehension THM, you are very keen to tell people to move along and stop the conversation, many tory MP’s seem to want to do the same, go forward like their limited set of blinkered options are the only ones available.
    Nobody said you were any good at stopping the conversation despite your efforts.

and yes the train moves slowly forward to the startlingly obvious conclusion that the options are those set out by the EU and not much else. Taken a while for some of the idiots to get that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tusks comments suggest otherwise but that’s comprehension for you

theotherjonv

did laugh on PM when they tory who stood up to defend him did so on the basis of ‘if there’s nothing to hide, why look like you’re hiding something’

EM- we asked Mr Heaton-Harris for a comment but he referred us to the government.
    We asked them for a comment but they said it wasn’t a government matter, it was a private one.
    We asked his constituency office for a comment but they referred us to Mr Heaton-Harris.
    Mr Heaton-Harris has not responded to our further attempts to contact him.

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck……..

And THM.

Better still this is a letter to the Univeraity (sic) (no really) of Worcester – WTF is that???

From what i recall UofW is an offshoot of Birmingham Uni, set up in the war to move part of it out of Birmingham and away from bombing. It became an institution (awarding its own degrees) in its own right in 1997 and gained university status in 2004. It is the UK’s fastest growing University.

I like you for many things, dislike you for others but thumbing your nose at them because they aren’t a traditional University is very poor.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So nothing beyond using parliamentary paper to ask for info

What do you think he wants the info for?

LOL truly got the blinkers on, remember when Trump asked for the names of those who had been presenting on climate change

+1.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes TOJ that comment was poor – good point – hands up for that one.

Just reading the silly article, there seemed to be little comment coming from the sources I would have expected. They probably had the common sense to simply ignore the letter

mrmo
    Free Member

Lookalike Toyota are getting twitchy about staying in the U.K. all going to plan.

dissonance

They probably had the common sense to simply ignore the letter

Like the chancellor of Oxford University?

kimbers

Heaton- Harris going for the Pete Townsend defence.

He is writing a book about Brexit( rather than collecting names for his bre-education camps) 😉

igm

Every university in the country he wrote to apparently.

Anyone come up with a reason for writing to every university in the country?

I bet you can do better than “thinking of writing a book”.

dissonance

He is writing a book about Brexit

Excellent. Negotiations must be going superb if he can take the time out to write a book. I would have thought any tory whip would be particularly busy at the moment trying to hold the party together but that must be fake news.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Anyone come up with a reason for writing to every university in the country?

Nah, they can’t.

The BS is unreal.

Sandwich

That 6 week holiday this summer is looking ill-advised in the light of the City announcing contingency measures if the transitional arrangements aren’t in place soon. Source
    We’ll have a pretty good idea of how screwed we are in mid-2018 if they follow through on their plans

thecaptain
    Free Member

Trump is writing a book on climate science too. It’s going to be bigly great, the greatest book you’ve ever seen.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The FS industry is v well prepared. That article is v backward looking. Banks know the issues, have the structural answers in place and like most businesses are not going to wait for politicians to tell then what to do

kimbers

in the light of the City announcing contingency measures if the transitional arrangements aren’t in place soon

That’s the problem with May saying one thing to try and keep the EU happy and Hammond saying something else to stop the revolting brexiter MPs.

The rest of us caught in the middle not knowing which version of Tory reality is closer to truth

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, those involved merely get in with their preparations and ignore the noise

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yes THM they are going to spend a shitload of money, disrupt their businesses (even if just a bit) and weaken the UK economy, all for no purpose whatsoever when brexit is eventually cancelled. Tally ho!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fortunately that is not correct

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

David Davies on BBC news avoiding MPs questions

kimbers

teamhurtmore – Member
    Fortunately that is not correct

Didn’t realise you were carrying out all this Brexit prep-work on a charitable basis !

kilo

I have a close relative who has been traveling out to Luxembourg to set up an office to replace a great deal of the functionality currently in London. This is entirely as a result of brexit I can’t see this as anything other than additional expense and inconvenience to the business and as this is a removal of work from the UK detrimental to our economy.

tjagain

a billion pounds spent or allocated for HM gov to work out its position in brexit talks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is that still worth 10votes?

involver
    Free Member

This ‘taking back control’ thing is working out nicely:

”David Davis: MPs might not get vote on final deal until after Brexit”

mrmo
    Free Member

This ‘taking back control’ thing is working out nicely:

Got to make sure the right people take back control. The plebs have done their duty. Rather than once every 5 years, this time they have excelled themselves.

dannyh
    Free Member

So, THM.

Have you come up with that benign reason yet why Heaton-Harris would want that list?

Or are you going to do your usual and just parrot the ‘writing a book’ line?

thecaptain
    Free Member

I guess we will see if THM holds us at the same level of contempt that the Tories hold the electorate at to come up with such a pathetically implausible excuse.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Danny. No. I don’t give a monkeys left testicle about the non story. I have no “lie to parrot”. Sorry to disappoint

So the Tories contempt for voters – a government that argued for remain, accepts the decision of those who disagreed and has now committed to delivering their promise. Odd defition of contempt

Now if they had said, “sorry we were only pretending and never intended to fulfil the propmise especially since you plebs are too thick to see through the lies. The whole things off. Tough.” Then you might be on to something

mrmo
    Free Member

So the Tories contempt for voters – a government that argued for remain, accepts the decision of those who disagreed and has now committed to delivering their promise. Odd defition of contempt

so £350M is on the way for the NHS? today or tomorrow?

As for the single market staying in and why all the pandering to the hard brexiteers?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You seem to be confusing the government/Tories and Brexshiteers. It “should” be obvious that they are not one and the same thing

“Staying in”,ditto. I may have mentioned before but in/out is a non question. We are giving up “membership of” and are now negotiating “access to” the single market. The hardliners would prefer relying on WTO. Rather than pander to that the government is currently negotiating a unique deal to allow us to continue to have “access to” the single market

Sorry if the truth is a lot less dramatic than the froth

igm

Rather than pander to that the government is currently negotiating a unique deal to allow us to continue to have “access to” the single market

Must not take the mickey

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You can try 😉

The only real news over the weekend is that both parties are now clearly articulating the dangers of no-deal/hard Brexshit and working to ensure that this does not happen

So we have made progress albeit far too slowly

kimbers

Davis bullshitting parliament again!

Viewing 40 posts - 35,641 through 35,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.