Viewing 40 posts - 76,961 through 77,000 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • BoardinBob

it invites discussion

Or in your case, passive aggressive speculation

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno, taxi25 said ‘it’s more likely’ which is astute, he wasn’t speculating as to the actual people involved.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Therefore, in their minds, he’s a ****, and they voted for Brexit to try to get even with him for making a go of his life.

Doesn’t surprise me, we spent 240 hours of parliamentary time debating the hunting ban because **** posh people and only 18 hours debating whether we should be one of the four horseman heralding the apocalypse for the people of Iraq.

The working classes see politics as a never-ending confiscation of England from its rightful patriotic owners (themselves) by a class of privileged usurpers. Normans against Saxons, Anglicans against Puritans, Cavaliers against Roundheads, Factory owners against the industrial working class.

They are however, quite happy to then extend that confiscation, to people (brown) who they see as lower class than themselves – and resent seeing those same people gain economic privileges that they can only dream of. This is plainly evidence when you see them being interviewed on tv – harping on about how great we once were and that we once conquered half the known world in some dimly lit bingo hall in Hull.

The latter is the only reason I can think of in terms of why they fell over themselves to vote for one of the finest examples of Etonian stereotypes in politics. He might be one of them poshos, but at least his racism makes us feel like we’re a few rungs above the next guy.

dannyh
    Free Member

The weather forecast for Westminster on Friday evening has taken a turn for the worse. Fingers crossed.

Yes I am being petty but my country is about to indulge in an unnecessary bout of self harm because of their pettiness, so wishing a bit of wet weather for their sad little ‘party’ doesn’t seem too bad.

Dickyboy

I hoping lead by donkeys will have a ploy up their sleeves ready for Friday evening 😉

PrinceJohn

I hoping led by donkeys will have a ploy up their sleeves ready for Friday evening

They have been quiet recently

dazh

They are however, quite happy to then extend that confiscation, to people (brown) who they see as lower class than themselves – and resent seeing those same people gain economic privileges that they can only dream of. This is plainly evidence when you see them being interviewed on tv – harping on about how great we once were and that we once conquered half the known world in some dimly lit bingo hall in Hull.

This absolutely. Being good at winning wars and conquering other countries has done us no good. I say us, I don’t even regard myself as british/english, and I don’t identify with whatever jingoistic bandwagon is passing by, whether it be the insular knuckledragging one popular today, or the vomit inducing self-congratulatory ‘cool britannia’ bollox of yesteryear. The problem is not which nation state or political structure we live within, but the very existence of them in the first place. Until people get that then none of this will ever change.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just heard a Brexit positive. Waiting for a train and heard a guy inform his mate that when we leave you’ll be able to come back from holiday with as many fags as you want.
    Oh and “we did OK before we joined, we’ll be fine when we leave”.

Cougar

One family members was that they don’t want to be forced into a unified, European armed forces – fair enough.

Aside from the small fact that this isn’t happening,

I’ve said this before but, if the EU was planning to assemble a dirty great big army right on our doorstep, are we not better being a part of it rather than risk having it against us? Or being able to veto it if we don’t like the idea? If they don’t want an EU army that’s surely a compelling reason to remain.

“we did OK before we joined, we’ll be fine when we leave”.

This is just braindead.

Again, aside from the fact that it’s not true – we were known as “the sick man of Europe” – it ignores the fact that we’ve spent the last 40 years integrating with the EU and palming off administration and negotiations so that we don’t have to. All the trade agreements we had 40 years ago have long since lapsed, replaced with (better) deals via the EU. When we leave we don’t go back to exactly how it was before we joined, we go back to having nothing.

kelvin

They have been quiet recently

Wise. If they have any funds left, they should keep them for whenever the government next backtracks on its words and promises… that isn’t this month.

epicyclo

In breaking news, the Scottish parliament is trying to outdo Nero’s fiddling while Rome burnt.

Right now they are having a debate on keeping the EU flag flying over the parliament after Brexit.

Apparently it’s a “fiery debate”.

(A sentiment I agree with, but there’s more important things to do surely)

epicyclo

Ah, now there’s a debate on another referendum.

stevextc
    Free Member

Daffy

One family members was that they don’t want to be forced into a unified, European armed forces – fair enough.

Except it isn’t … it’s just part of a narrative twisting facts.
    It starts off by saying “we lost our veto” … (which is totally inaccurate.. some very mundane stuff no longer requires uninamity but nothing even approaching defense or a unified armed forces)

Then like any organisation there are some extremists… misqote or even quote … it’s not going to happen in any forseeable future and if it did we could veto it and no different from NATO or being pushed into something by the US (again).

johndoh
    Free Member

Waiting for a train and heard a guy inform his mate that when we leave you’ll be able to come back from holiday with as many fags as you want.

And alcohol. Don’t forget the alcohol. We’ll soon need copious amounts of it to blur out the reality of what we are walking into.

epicyclo

Random thought.

I wonder if the Scottish govt has an arrangement with the EU for a independence referendum being part of the Brexit conditions the EU imposes on the UK.

(Probably wishful thinking on my part)

onewheelgood

Waiting for a train and heard a guy inform his mate that when we leave you’ll be able to come back from holiday with as many fags as you want.

And alcohol. Don’t forget the alcohol. We’ll soon need copious amounts of it to blur out the reality of what we are walking into.

Except that, post brexit, you’ll be able to bring back far less than you can now. For stuff from the EU on which the local taxes have been paid there is effectively no limit today, as long as it doesn’t look like you’re intending to resell them. So for the bloke who said ‘as many fags as you like’, the reality is that you can bring in one from the following:

200 cigarettes
    100 cigarillos
    50 cigars
    250g tobacco

binners

Its started already.

The absolutely cringeworthy triumphalist behaviour of the Little Englanders. The man-frog is busy gobbing off in the EU parliament in the most toe-curlingly mortifying way imaginable, while the Brexit party imbeciles around him all wave their union jacks.

Thats what we look like as a nation. That.

Christ, could it be any more embarrassing?

BoardinBob

The man-frog is busy gobbing off in the EU parliament in the most toe-curlingly mortifying way imaginable,

Even in victory, he’s an unsufferable arsehole

crazy-legs

The man-frog is busy gobbing off in the EU parliament in the most toe-curlingly mortifying way imaginable,

I was unfortunate enough to catch that on the news that was on the TV in our office reception as I left work this afternoon. I could never ever get tired of punching that man. and Ann Widdecombe is a thoroughly dreadful person in every possible way. The untold damage that a small handful of thick entitled bigoted **** has managed to cause this country…

The EU will be glad to see the back of them. I only hope the EU know that Farage and co do not speak for half the country.

dazh

Is this thread going to be closed on Friday? It would be a fitting celebration.

Cougar

No, for reasons I’ve previously explained.

I’ve half a mind to rename it to something more appropriate, though.

scotroutes

frankconway

Farage in gobshite shocker!
    What an embarrassment.
    I heard it earlier and was disgusted by his triumphalist attitude.
    He will be financially well insulated by his EU pension and media commitments.
    The same cannot be said about many Brexiters who believed his rhetoric that there would be a better future waiting for them.
    I’m in Lincoln and, given the strength of the Brexit vote in the referendum, am expecting the sky to be lit up with fireworks on Friday evening; a good time to avoid the local pubs – good old Nige etc.
    A sad day.

tjagain
    kelvin

Not reported

Give ‘em a chance!

Plenty of reporting of what happened earlier though, in both Scottish and Euro parliaments.

tjagain

I bet you this gets no mention in the mainstream media. It does not fit the narrative

amodicumofgnar

I was just saddened by our Nigels behaviour; true to from so not really shocking.

kelvin

I suspect you will be proven right TJ.

BoardinBob

I’m in Lincoln and, given the strength of the Brexit vote in the referendum, am expecting the sky to be lit up with fireworks on Friday evening; a good time to avoid the local pubs – good old Nige etc.
    A sad day.

null

somafunk

Just saw this afternoon’s behaviour of frog man Farage and his brexiteer entourage of utter **** wits in the EU parliament on newsnight and i can say I hope their plane home ends up in the Channel.

Northwind

You never get a better window into a person’s soul than how they act in victory.

Except for Nigel Farage that is, we already knew what a total **** he is.

mattyfez

Checks notes, Minogue is Australian isn’t it she?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

How far we’ve come.

mattyfez

I’ve just unfriended an otherwise successful person on social media as they too run a pub, and are doing a trite brexit celebration.

Pfft. I used to have about 300 friends on Facebook and now I’m down to about 150 after disowning the nationalists and racists in the last few years.

Weird how the maths has worked out, almost 50/50

frankconway

Bob – who are the Beetles? New one to me.
    Mattyfez – Kylie is from the colonies so she’s technically British except when she’s not.
    Let’s hope it pisses down on Farage’s tawdry do on Friday night; Widdecombe on karaoke doing ‘white cliffs of dover’ – shudders. I’m praying that Field Marshall Francois gets lamped.

Poopscoop

Cougar

Subscriber
    No, for reasons I’ve previously explained.

I’ve half a mind to rename it to something more appropriate, though.

“After Brexit and beyond”?

frankconway

Bob – another question; is that a Pravha pump on the bar?
    British beer at it’s best.

mattyfez

Widdecombe reminds me of some ghostly apperition, a grey flabby spectre that you have to dispose of in the the training stages of a computer game.

frankconway

Poopscoop – To infinity and beyond…..another flight of fancy and fantasy.

frankconway

Matty – Widdecombe is one of the undead; cannot be killed and appearing on a stage near you.
    If you’re tempted – here’s the link…https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/ann-widdecombe

Viewing 40 posts - 76,961 through 77,000 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.