Viewing 40 posts - 75,681 through 75,720 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • dudeofdoom

Ah but back to his normal form.

dannyh
    Free Member

I reckon he won’t pull the bill, he’s lied again. And will do so again and again.

His hedge fund and disaster capitalist backers have too much to lose.

dannyh
    Free Member

And there really is a special, oh so special place in hell for Labour MPs who run scared of racist constituents to enable a far right, disaster capitalist stitch up.

They will probably lose votes in any subsequent election because when you appease fascists they don’t tend to say “oh, we got a bit of what we want, so now is the time to be reasonable”.

binners

Depends what Dom says, I suppose

Let’s not forget who’s really running the country

mattyfez

Bloody Hell! Boris has won a vote!

Only so parliament can amend the hell out of it now after proper scrutiny.

The crucial vote on the time frame went the right way.

Boris now has to accept an whatever extension the EU come back with. The EU have been waiting for this… He’s finished.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

The Labour enablers should be ashamed of themselves

binners

Let’s see what stunts the weaselly blonde cockwomble and his pet psychopath have got planned next.

Their preferred option will still be to crash us out next week. I’m sure they’ll be looking for ways to do just that

dannyh
    Free Member

Putting self interest ahead of the greater good? There’s a natural home for them where they really belong in the Tories.

slowoldman

Is smirk Priti Patel’s default facial expression?

dannyh
    Free Member

Their preferred option will still be to crash us out next week. I’m sure they’ll be looking for ways to do just that

I worry about this. That **** might just have some snidey little tactic in mind.

dannyh
    Free Member

Probably got her Nuremberg Rally themed love eggs in.

mattyfez

Let’s see what stunts the weaselly blonde cockwomble and his pet psychopath have got planned next.

He’ll have to agree to whatever extension the EU offer now.

The only trick left that I can see, is for him to call a VONC in himself. That would be… Novel.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😂

kimbers

futon river crossing

Indeed they’ve just voted for the hardest possible Brexit bar a no deal

The hard rights wet dream come true, and just ensured Johnson victory at the next GE, unbelievable really

binners

It’s actually got to the point where you have to wonder whether there’s a point to there even being a Labour Party any more.

If that’s what it’s for. Enabling the agenda of the far right

The Lib Dem’s will have picked up a hefty chunk of voters tonight

mattyfez

You’re missing the point chaps, boris now has to accept an extension (if they offer it) from the EU (Benn act)

Parliament now have the time to rip bojos deal to shreds via amendments.

Tonight was all about boris /Cummings creating a false sense of emergency to attempt get thier unscrutinised (highly complex, (I wonder why? )) deal through.

Parliament is sovereign, don’t forget… This is surely what the brexiters want. Deciding our own future for ourselves PMSL, 😀

cchris2lou

But if EU refuse extension it is either revoke or no deal on 31st of October.

EU have said they are waiting to hear from BJ.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Much better to shoot down the deal, it’s an uncertain proposition as to which amendments will be voted on and then passed. Enabling the far right should not be the purview of the Labour Party.

dannyh
    Free Member

Much better to shoot down the deal

Unless you are running scared of racist constituents.

Enabling the far right should not be the purview of the Labour Party.

See above.

dissonance

Enabling the far right should not be the purview of the Labour Party.

I dont believe it was. A cursory look at the votes shows, if it was, there was a hell of a rebellion.

mattyfez

EU have said they are waiting to hear from BJ.

Who will do as he’s damn well told by Parliament and the courts.

He’s not a dictator, and neither is Cummings! As much as they’d like to think so.

cchris2lou

Tusk said EU will agree extension till the end of January.
    Will Bojo resign, or die in a ditch?

somafunk

Prit-stick Patel?, she certainly looks like she’s chewing on one

rone

It’s actually got to the point where you have to wonder whether there’s a point to there even being a Labour Party any more.

Well if you’re only interested in Brexit and confused about what tonight’s vote was about then yes you may have a slight point.

Don’t make me laugh about the Lib dems.

rone

Indeed they’ve just voted for the hardest possible Brexit bar a no deal

Then you misunderstood the vote.

It was not a vote for Brexit, it was a vote for the second reading of the current deal.

The state of it in here.

kimbers

There’s no guarantee whatsoever that this could be amended away, indicative votes showed no majority for anything & even closest- customs union , looks less like now.

Also Johnson goes into forthcoming election claiming to have got a Brexit deal where May couldn’t, this is a huge gift to him, delay plays into his narrative too.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Putting self interest ahead of the greater good? There’s a natural home for them where they really belong in the Tories.

Well said.

ransos
    Free Member

By the sounds of the coverage from parliament, a fair number of labour MP’s are going to vote with the government tonight. I think its absolutely insane that they’re actually going to support a far right wing project which hands a Tory government the power to do away with workers rights and whatever else they fancy

Yup. These would be the people you claimed were far left Trots, who turned out to be Blairite centrists.

mefty
    Free Member

It was not a vote for Brexit, it was a vote for the second reading of the current deal.

Correct, some of the Labour rebels will have used it as an opportunity to get a free hit to help them in an election – however numbers probably there for deal. Question Johnson faces is whether to go for an election (one line bill with SNP help to secure majority) or whether to agree timetable with Labour and go for deal in mid to late November. My guess is Corbyn prefers the latter as Brexit will be partially neutralised in the election, no idea what Johnson will do.

mattyfez

I don’t think an election is on the cards before a 2nd ref now.

It’s going to get scrappy in parliament though.

The EU will just sit back raising thier eyebrows, they are not in any rush.

kimbers

A 9 MTH extension just to watch Marc Francois explode ?

mattyfez

A 9 MTH extension just to watch Marc Francois explode ?

It would be more entertaining than a lot of stuff on TV.

I’m in. Is it a box set on Netflix?

dissonance

Marc Francois explode ?

He was in the army you know. He makes things explode not the other way round.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They’ve been irrelevant up here for a long time now, to be honest.

Quite sad really.

kelvin

Johnson owes those Labour MPs a big favour now. They’ve bought themselves a few votes in their own seats, but have lost other Labour candidates more votes then they probably care to think about. The Conservative Party has been thrown a bone today.

mattyfez

I dunno, corbyn might have been quite astute here by allowing a free vote on the withdrawal agreement.

It’s allowed a time table extension for amendments.

And the amendments will come.

Then it will get proper messy.

Which is a sad state of affairs but things look to moving in the best direction for the UK. Hopefully.

cchris2lou

Looks like a GE is on before Xmas.

Does BJ needs to be elected in same constituency he promised he would lay down in front of bulldozers?

dudeofdoom

Does BJ needs to be elected in same constituency he promised he would lay down in front of bulldozers?

Ahh but he’s succeeded in getting a deal they said couldn’t be done and he removed the backstop that was so evil.

He’s still fighting the Brexit cause against parliament won’t let the people have what they voted for.

He’s a true patriot Brit hero.

dudeofdoom

^^^
    Get Brexit done!!!

Now try and come up with a campaign against that your going to have to work hard 🙁

oldnpastit

He did just try to cut Northern Ireland out of the nation.

Viewing 40 posts - 75,681 through 75,720 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.