Viewing 40 posts - 75,441 through 75,480 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

But haven’t the EU27 said they’d allow an extension for a GE or ref2?

Which will Westminster choose next week?

Edukator
    Free Member

Which is just as helpful to Johnson

Both would assume that the EU leaders now consider Brexit the best option. So despite the economic impact on the EU member states (admittedly somewhat less than on the UK) relations with the UK are so poor that the UK is no longer considered a positive force for Europe and EU leaders would rather see the UK leave one way or another.

That’s how much damage has been done in the last three years.

But still the odds are an extension will be granted and that will ultimately lead to referendum and remain. I still haven’t pulled the final plug on my UK investments, it came very close yesterday but today’s events have vindicated yesterday’s decision.

kelvin

I think the odds against that are increasing all the time Ed, but it’s still not impossible.

kimbers

From Twitter is this legit

Boris Johnson liar

dantsw13
    kimbers

Oh crap, I’ve just realised what Johnson’s plan is

He’s gonna get Chris Grayling to deliver it!

Probably cost taxpayer a few £million, he’ll end up hand delivering it to Donald Trump in a secure briefcase permanently handcuffed to his wrist, having lost the key

rone

Bravo

It’s from Have I got news for you twitter.

kimbers

Maximum tantrum time

kimbers

kimbers

Johnson fanzine confirms it

colournoise

Almost speechless.

I’m a teacher. This is the kind of petulant behaviour and trying to squirm out of stuff I see from 12 year olds when they’ve done something wrong but can’t admit it to themselves or others…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t see why the EU can’t still give him a delay?

spekkie
    Free Member

Sweet mother of God. This has just turned surreal.

colournoise

thegreatape
    Don’t see why the EU can’t still give him a delay?

I guess they could, but then that gives BJ an even bigger ‘I didn’t sign the letter – faceless unelected EU goons making decisions that override our precious sovereignty’ card to play.

jam-bo

That bottom story on the telegraph about the public not standing meekly by.

So where are the pro-brexit marches? Has anyone seen one?

BoardinBob

I don’t think it was possible to hate someone as much as I hate BoJo

A despicable creature. An absolute embarrassment to us all.

Sadly his deluded lap dogs will lap these antics up.

The courts will tear him to shreds over this.

colournoise

spekkie
    Sweet mother of God. This has just turned surreal.

“just”?

squadra
    Free Member

Johnson’s antics playing to his Sun-reader fanbase.

Poopscoop

ITV news is speculating that the EU will “help” Johnson by not being in a hurry to agree anything basically.

You can see where they are coming from I suppose. I wish it wasn’t the case but I can see why they will do this. This country is probably more damaging to them within the UK than out now. What a mess and deeply saddening to see.

I think BJ will get the nod from the mp’s next week for the bill to go through and will never be held in contempt of court. More to the point, will never suffer and repercussions from doing so. His type never do.

Horrifying to say but we are one our way out with a Hard Brexit and then desperate pain and conflict for many years to come. Hell we still might crash out in 14 months anyway as the trade deals are always going to be the hard part after the “easy” withdrawal deal.

I hope the people that think getting this deal through remember how utterly dumb they were for thinking this finished the whole Brexit mess! What a joke, this is just the start!

kimbers

squadra

Johnson’s antics playing to his Sun-reader fanbase.

This

reluctantjumper

Right now I am so angry I could perfectly happily take one for the ‘team’ and repeatedly punch BoJo in the face until either he gets the message or my arms snap off.

He’s just running the clock down, nothing more. By the time any legal challenges have happened he’ll have done what he wants and we’ll be the ones paying the price.

Poopscoop

jam bo

So where are the pro-brexit marches? Has anyone seen one?

Manchester is holding one I think. They are expecting dozens to attend.

spekkie
    Free Member

Yeah I know, I almost added “well more than normal anyway”

its just that now, all pretence has gone out the window.

For all his time, the pro Brxit crew have been banging on about “giving the people what the people want”, but now that the MP’s, who speak for “the people”, want something contrary to Brexit, what the people want suddenly doesn’t count for anything. Now there’s a surprise . . . .

BoardinBob

I think BJ will get the nod from the mp’s next week for the bill to go through

I don’t. His antics tonight will not go down well. Coupled with the fact this is an ERG wet dream brexit he’s cooked up. They’ll take him down now. He simply cannot be allowed to succeed via this type of behaviour.

Benn act is now law and has been acted upon. DAG stating lack of signature is irrelevant.

If EU grant an extension, then VONC followed by GE

If they don’t grant an extension, then it’s VONC and revoke in all likelihood, followed by a GE

kimbers

The crazies are out there

kelvin

shinton
    Free Member

The EU will grant an extension. No way are they going to be the the fall guys in this almighty mess.

chewkw
    Free Member

It feels grimly appropriate if Boris Johnson writes a letter to the EU asking for an extension then another one saying the opposite as him writing two opposite pieces is exactly where this whole catastrofuck began.

— David Schneider (@davidschneider) October 19, 2019

It looks like PM BoJo has something up his sleeve 😀

The EU will grant an extension. No way are they going to be the the fall guys in this almighty mess.

Not if he has worded the letter differently to the UK advantage. 😄

spekkie
    Free Member

Is this what our green and pleasant land has become? Led by a prime minister who disregards the law, will lie and weasel his way around the rules and regulations that are supposed to guide and protect us?

kelvin

It’s what many voters want. And he knows it. It is definitely what Dominic Cummings wants… he spent years telling us.

chewkw
    Free Member

Is this what our green and pleasant land has become? Led by a prime minister who disregards the law, will lie and weasel his way around the rules and regulations that are supposed to guide and protect us?

The law just says send a letter requesting extension.

He has followed the law but perhaps adding extra or ignore certain details. 😄

He can even write the letter by saying “Requesting for an extension and if they agree then they will formally install him as emperor of EU”. 🤣

squadra
    Free Member

He’s caved in and sent the letter, he’s just a serial bullshitter.

PJM1974
    Free Member

PSA – the killfile is an extremely effective way of removing moronic posts, non-sequiturs and blatant trolling attempts from spoiling your forum experience.

Have just returned from Parliament Square where I was protesting along with others. Aside from a large drunk Leave guy who wanted a fight at Victoria Station, everything went very well.

The large drunk guy had nothing beyond “I voted to leave”. He had no facts, no argument. He tried the “I’m working class innit” angle, turns out he’s got more higher ed qualifications than me. He made a point of asking my friend whether he was born here, when shown evidence and talked through what’s happening he had nothing to give. We shook hands.

I also wound up drinking with a bunch of young Conservatives for Europe. It’s a crazy world when Michael Hezeltine is a hero to both Tories and non-Tories like myself.

Poopscoop

shinton

They absolutely would eventually. However as the bill might be passed by next Tuesday and they would have to pull all the stops out to agree to it before then, it makes sense for them to take a little while. Hoping the pressure will get the bill passed.

Again, you can see where they are going from. Basically and deeply ironically, rather than them “bullying us to stay in. BS” etc etc… We are being, politely, handed our hat and coat.

The UK is now the sick man of Europe again and they rightly want us out. Unless by a miracle we changed our minds.

squadra
    Free Member

Does anyone believe that Brexiteers could muster a peaceful demonstration in the hundreds or even tens of thousands?

taxi25
    Free Member

Led by a prime minister who disregards the law,

Has he in this case ? The courts will decide whether he has or not.
    All the criticism of BJ on here forgets that he was given the PM job with the single caveat of delivering brexit. He’s going to at least try to do that one way or another.

He’s caved in and sent the letter, he’s just a serial bullshitter.

What else could he do, break the law ???

chewkw
    Free Member

Does anyone believe that Brexiteers could muster a peaceful demonstration in the hundreds or even tens of thousands?

Why?
    Demonstrate for what?
    We can always demonstrate via the comfort of the ballot paper. 😀
    We just don’t vote for politicians or parties we don’t like.

Poopscoop

^^ I’m pretty sure that no-one on here gave him that job.

PJM1974
    Free Member

No.

Last time round there was football field jeering and some nut job with a bullhorn who kept going on about how the EU protects “peados”.

The problem is that those who voted to Leave did so for so many different and conflicting reasons. There is no unifying coherent argument. Just look at our trolling non-sequitur posting friend for an example of this.

taxi25
    Free Member

Again what would they protest about ? The referendum delivered a leave result. The process of leaving is still on going.

Viewing 40 posts - 75,441 through 75,480 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.