Viewing 40 posts - 67,321 through 67,360 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • tjagain

Anyone got some detailed polling sites? almost all the ones I see are UK wide and I need to know what the voting intentions are in scotland to maximise my vote

chewkw
    Free Member

Ridiculing Farage without throwing things would be preferable… am I the only one to think this?

I think ALL politicians regardless should be pelted with milkshake as the initiation to political life. Then everyone joins in for a food fight … that will learn them. 🤣

The milkshake thing makes no useful political point, and will only strengthen the support of followers who (mistakenly) think they are backing the plucky underdog with the common touch.

🤔

MY prediction is that there will be violence on the streets. Maybe clashing protesters, maybe a protest that turns unexpectedly I don’t know but there will be violence. Which side to instigate it? Again no idea.

The losing side(s) or the losers naturally … 🤔
    No winner(s) are going to protest … 😀

martinhutch

ROFLOCOPTER at the laughing on the Farage+milkshake interface vid 😀

What’s even more shocking is that someone in Geordieland is prepared to pay more than a fiver for a milkshake. 🙂

thebees
    Free Member

Funny for those who don’t understand the escalation and reprisal aspect of violence.
    Like it can only happen to people you don’t like.

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s even more shocking is that someone in Geordieland is prepared to pay more than a fiver for a milkshake. 🙂

They are probably donating money to MickDonald burger chain.

Funny for those who don’t understand the escalation and reprisal aspect of violence.

Because the thought process is not there.
    I hope the people pelting milkshake will get pelted themselves in future. It will definitely happen as what goes around comes around …

scotroutes

Five Guys, One Cup?

sobriety
    Free Member

Also, given the last major EU vote involed a right-wing loon murdering an MP, covering these arseholes in milkshake seems more like a de-escalation to me.

Cougar

Anyone got some detailed polling sites? almost all the ones I see are UK wide and I need to know what the voting intentions are in scotland to maximise my vote

Far as I’m aware, your best option is basically SNP.

kelvin

Yup, looks like SNP if you look at polling data and the MEPs returned last time. I’d ignore those website that suggest how to vote tactically, they appear to favour LibDem over SNP in Scotland, which is suspicious… I think they’re run by people who are twitchy about the union. Or just vote Green again TJ, it all adds up to would could be a decent UK wide vote share for them. I voted LibDem.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Yes – right wing racism, harrasment, violence and murder has encouraged reprisals.

Farage now talking about “losers consent” not knowing what that actually means, he thinks it means we should just accept the result.

Even though Farage has used the term, it is not apparent that he understands the concept. He is using it to say remainers should just accept Brexit. Jones is arguing that remainers consent would only be forthcoming if the government adopted a softer version of Brexit – something that would appal Farage. (He thinks Theresa May’s Brexit, which would involve being outside the single market and the customs union, is too soft, and is pushing for no-deal as the only proper Brexit.)

kelvin

Don’t give them any excuse for anything physical. Just ridicule them and make it clear they are never welcome.

kimbers

Farage ‘ill pick up a ride if Brexit isn’t delivered’

Shocking when immjgrant helping MP was murderered day after he revealed his anti-immgrant poster

& Yet throwing milkshakes at him is political violence?

Chewy, arent you in Newcastle, was it you lobbing the milkshake?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Don’t give them any excuse for anything physical. Just ridicule them and make it clear they are never welcome.

Unfortunaterly ridiculing them and offering an alternative narrative doesn’t work and it didn’t in the 30’s. The commies at the time understood this and were essentially or actually engaged in civil war with them.

We are getting rapidly to the point where the side that is the shoutiest and manages to control the media narrative, potentially goading the other side into commiting something appalling is the one that wins.

The milkshakes will probably work as they have comedy value, at somepoint some skinheads associated with the brexit party are going to go beserk and it will be plastered all news.

dissonance

covering these arseholes in milkshake seems more like a de-escalation to me.

Seems a deescalation from the traditional eggs as well. Must have missed Farage getting upset about that radicalised brexiteer who attacked Corbyn with one.
    Whilst overall I am against assaulting politicans given Farages incitement in the past I have rather less sympathy for him.

chewkw
    Free Member

Chewy, arent you in Newcastle, was it you lobbing the milkshake?

Yes, I am in the GeordieLand but it was Not me.

It was a 32 yr old chubby bearded bloke child wearing glasses that pelted the milkshake.

Nobody knows Nigel Farage was in town otherwise I would go out to have a selfie with him. Selfie! Yeh! Selfie! 😀

tjagain

What I can see in Scotland from the polling I have seen is that SNP will get two seats for sure, labour and tory one each. that leaves 2 for grabs, How likely are the brexit party to get one ( I haven’t seen any detailed polls for scotland) Last time Greens missed out by a few votyes and ukip got in. the question is which party is most likly to push brexit into 7th place? Green, lib dem or snp? I suspect snp will get a third so that leaves greens and lib dems v brexit. which one is more likely to keep brexit out?

TheBrick
    Free Member

The losing side(s) or the losers naturally

On the run up to the final score both sides will be protesting.

dannyh
    Free Member

All these ruined suits because of milkshake.

Maybe the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon should commission a designer to come up with some wipe clean gear for them. Hugo Boss, perhaps. They’ve always done a good line in extremist-wear.

tjagain

or even labour – voting for them could get them 2 seats and force brexit to miss out. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

kelvin

Labour won’t get a second seat.

Cougar

Who knew the New Statesman had a sense of humour?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2019/05/milkshake-egg-custard-pie-protest-food

Maybe the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon should commission a designer to come up with some wipe clean gear for them.

Maybe they should talk to Cameron seeing as nothing ever sticks to that ****.

tjagain

Labour won’t get a second seat.

In that case its lib dems or green to get that extra seat to keep brexit out.

nick1962
    Free Member

covering these arseholes in milkshake seems more like a de-escalation to me.

Seems a deescalation from the traditional eggs as well.

Think we need a vegan option for maximum effect.

slowoldman

Chuck a cabbage at them.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

The danish know how to make elections fun

tjagain

SNP: 38%
    Brexit Party: 20%
    Green: 11%
    Labour: 10%
    Conservatives 10%
    Lib Dem: 7%
    UKIP: 2%
    Change UK: 2%
    Other: 1%

Makes rather depressing reading. From that then no tactical vote is going to stop brexit getting a seat. That wuld give snp 3. brexit 1, greens one, labour 1. NO tory is good and greens getting a euro seat is good – and the SNP continue to capitalise on a popularity any other UK party would kill for right now

kelvin

Little Trump:

Boasts to his followers about taking to the streets with a gun, yet wants to press charges against someone trying to gunk him.

Also Little Trump:

Complains about media coverage and refuses to take questions from a major reputable news organisation (C4/ITN).

kelvin

scotroutes

58% supporting pro-Remain parties TJ. 22% definitely pro-Brexit and a few confused LabCons.

alpin
    Free Member

You know that bis Farage is trundling about on…. It’ll have an external emergency stop button on it that’ll kill the engine.

Just saying, like….

tjagain

scotroutes

58% supporting pro-Remain parties TJ. 22% definitely pro-Brexit and a few confused LabCons.

What I was hoping for awas a tactical voting choice to make sure brexit party did not get a seat butthat now looks unlikely. Grteens might well get a seat tho which would be nice and tories may lose out completely but it appears that unlike last time greens and ukip / brexit are not fighting over the 6th seat but its between greens, tories or lib dems

BruceWee

I’m voting Green. Looks like SNP will get three so having four pro-independence seats out of six would be a great result.

tjagain

I wonder what the brexshit party policy is on Scots independence?

cultsdave
    Free Member

I wonder what the brexshit party policy is on Scots independence?

My assumption is he will be all for it but the narrative will be boot them out. This will appeal even more to your average hard for thinking knuckle dragging Gammon. This assumes that the Brexshit party do poorly in Scotland, which I hope they do.

bodgy
    Free Member

Hmm. The UKIP flyer that just came through my door is curiously non-flammable.

doomanic

Not particularly absorbent either.

colp

Has anyone here ever been polled?
    Do they do it during working hours at shopping centres etc?

I was thinking that if the above is the case, for a typical election you get a broader cross section of political views, but over the Brexit issue you’re going to get a lot more Brexiteers at that time of day / location.

igm

Online mainly these days.

People don’t like to admit face-to-face or even by telephone that they will be voting Tory, never mind far right.

As a result you get a more left wing response (and more remain response) from telephone polls than online.

Check the polls in the lead up to the 2nd referendum back in 2016 and you can see the difference – online said narrow quit EU, telephone said narrow stand our ground and remain.

They correct for that, but as it had been quite a few years since the last EU referendum, they couldn’t make accurate corrections. They will do better now as they have more data, so current polls are probably more accurate.

binners

Did anyone see the coverage on Channel 4 where they were refused access to talk to the man-frog?

I know John Snow has pointed out in the past that he’d never seen a whiter audience than at a pro-Brexit rally, but looking at the Brexit party crowd surrounding Farage, there was nobody who wasn’t white, and by the looks of it nobody under retirement age either

willard

Link to video? I’m missing all this excitement because of living in a much nicer country

Viewing 40 posts - 67,321 through 67,360 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.