Viewing 40 posts - 57,721 through 57,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • binners

They won’t though, will they. Every time he calls one, he’ll just galvanise her support.

He could plot and scheme it, cross-party, through negotiation and concessions, but we’re talking about a man who can’t even do that with his own backbenchers, as he isn’t even on speaking terms with most of them, and exists in a bunker that only John, Dianne, Len and Seamus are allowed in to

dazh

He could have possibly won that one but he bottled it

He could have won this one if supposed anti-brexit heroes like Anna Soubry and Ken Clarke had put their money where their mouth is and voted against the very person who is to blame for the thing they don’t want. But no, as usual party comes before country, comes before brexit, comes before everything. I hope now we’ll have no more of this Soubry is the real opposition stuff now that she’s shown her true priorities.

He could plot and scheme it, cross-party, through negotiation and concessions, but we’re talking about a man who can’t even do that with his own backbenchers

Pretty much every labour member and those of opposition parties voted against the deal and for the no confidence vote. The only difference in the latter was the DUP. How much more anti-government unity do you need?

BoardinBob

The biggest scumbags here at the DUP

NI voted to remain but these absolute **** **** will support may in a confidence vote just so they can have their wee moment in the sun. They’ll get **** all more apart from the £1 billion they’ve already stolen. They look like a disgusting slovenly pub darts team. Every single one of them. Scum.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

I despise the DUP and everything they represent. They’re backward-gazing bigots and I can’t think of a more vile, obnoxious bunch of throwback scumbags to be essentially holding the country to ransom!

Every time one of them opens their stupid, bowler-hatted ‘no surrender!’ Gobs I cringe to think that these people have so much influence at this critical time.

What I’d bloody love is to see Sinn Fein take their Parliamentary seats, just to see the look on Arlene’s face

kelvin

The Conservatives and Unionists were never going to, and will never, vote the government down. Everyone knows it. Corbyn might want a general election… but he also wants Brexit… so as long as we don’t get a referendum with a Remain option, it’s all going fine for him (if not the country).

Edukator
    Free Member

the DUP will flip when they realise they are not getting what they want.

Be nice if it were clear what they do want. If anyone can link me something coherent I’d appreciate it.

sobriety
    Free Member

What I’d bloody love is to see Sinn Fein take their Parliamentary seats, just to see the look on Arlene’s face

Forget the look on her face, it’s the colour she’d turn I’d like to see, either Theresa May “not quite a vampire but soon” grey, or Alex Ferguson “not quite drunk enough wine to have a coronary/PHIL JONES!!!” puce.

dissonance

She ASKED him to table a vote of no confidence, he stupidly obliged

Are you seriously suggesting after the biggest defeat ever he should have just shrugged and walked away?
    What do you think the response would have been. Would, for example, you have sat back and applauded him for his cunning or gone in for another frothing attack?
    You do know she asked for it because she knew it was coming anyway dont you?

Come on suggest a strategy? Remember you need to deal with the fact the Labour heartlands (not members but voters) were heavily out. I vaguely remember you ranting and raving about they need to think beyond the members so shouldnt need reminding but…..

mickmcd
    Free Member

If members of parliament was the cast of Harry potter I wonder which character they would play

dissonance

Be nice if it were clear what they do want.

Money, lots of money.
    Then avoiding reunification with Ireland.
    Oh and recognition that dinosaurs coexisted with modern humans.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How much more anti-government unity do you need?

brakes
    Free Member

can someone explain why Corbyn would motion a vote of no confidence multiple times?

Edukator
    Free Member

I did say “coherent”, dissonance. The best way of achieving point 2 is the status quo, so remain. But they’re propping up a government intent on a Brexit of some kind in exchange for point 1. As for point 3, I can’t argue with that, I’ve seen birds on my lawn with my own eyes.

Twodogs

He won’t keep doing no confidence votes, cos SNP, Plaid, Libdems have just told him they won’t support them

johnnystorm

May to make an announcement at 10pm….I hope to God it’s her resignation.

kimbers

Nah it’ll be the usual Bollox
    Let me be clear
    Respect the will of the people
    Deal that’s best for Britain

binners

Revoking Article 50?

That’d be nice. Just to watch the gammons explode.

I’m sure it’ll be a pointless exercise to announce something meaningless and irrelevant that we know already

dissonance

I did say “coherent”, dissonance.

This is the DUP. They dont do coherent apart from when it comes to cashing the cheques.

Twodogs

Why does she keep saying that we voted “overwhelmingly” for Brexit?

kelvin

Same old shit… “80% of people voted for a party…”

johnnystorm

Yup, total non-event. Why even bother? What a waste of space.

leffeboy

that wasn’t worth doing really, was it

rone

I reckon they keep playing the same clip when she comes out.

tjagain

Just a couple of weeks ago folk on here were slagging Corbyn for not calling a confidence vote

This was the best chance of winning one.

He will not table another unless something major changes

kelvin

So, instead he will…

rene59
    Free Member

Glad she took the time to clear that up.

brakes
    Free Member

“the country overwhelmingly want to get on with Brexit?”

are you sure? why don’t you put that to the test Emperor Palpatine?

johnners
    Free Member

I hope now we’ll have no more of this Soubry is the real opposition stuff now that she’s shown her true priorities.

Smart move by Soubry and Clarke. Corbyn would never run with remain as part of the manifesto so forcing a GE pretty much guarantees Brexit whichever way it pans out. Though of course it would be a “Jobs First” Brexit. If he’s left with no other option and a fracturing party he may just be able to hold his nose, listen to his membership and support a “People’s Vote”.

cchris2lou

Your only hope now is enough support for a people vote.
    She will never loose a vote of no confidence.

binners

Well that was worthwhile.

Sure to break the deadlock and get it all resolved.

It’s been s momentous day. Nige actually made a rare appearance in Brussels to show his face in the ‘job’ he gets paid handsomely for

sobriety
    Free Member

Because it wouldn’t be complete without a princess bride meme

[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/url]

mikey74
    Free Member

Hopefully this farce will soon be made into a Monty Python film (Life of Brexit?) with John Cleese playing the Theresa May role.

mattyfez

I don’t think a change of government will help at all, especially with labours very vague stance on Brexit.

It’s doing nothing other than run the clock down.

The only sensible option now, as it was before the referendum is to remain on the same terms.

If Labour did get in they’d only be in the same position, this isn’t a party political thing, the entire country is split across the board. A second ref would still be too close as the first one was, to do something drastic.

What the technical mechanism for that is, I don’t know but a retraction of article 50 is the only way forward.

kelvin

I think that soon, if we haven’t got there already, that may be the only route possible.

gwaelod
    Free Member

can someone explain why Corbyn would motion a vote of no confidence multiple times?

Waste parlimentary time, run the clock down, to make hard brexit more likely.

dazh

Smart move by Corbyn in not meeting May. He’s just positioned labour as the anti-no deal party whilst keeping all other options open when they might be needed. If no deal does happen, they will have clean hands.

kelvin

If both May and Cameron oppose another referendum, it can not happen, no matter how many back benchers support it. Anyway, the clock has been run down… a referendum is now a dead idea, unless our exit date is first changed.

binners

You think labour, running the clock down, are going to have ‘clean hands’ when this chaos descends?

Yeah, right…

People really aren’t that stupid

He’s just helping Brexit along. Same as he’s done for the last 30 years. Corbyn is just as culpable as May for this shitshow. More so, given that he really believes it! Getting a bit shouty at the eleventh hour is fooling no-one but the usual sixth form idiots

seosamh77
    Free Member

dazh

Subscriber
    Smart move by Corbyn in not meeting May. He’s just positioned labour as the anti-no deal party whilst keeping all other options open when they might be needed. If no deal does happen, they will have clean hands.

He’s positioned f all! 😆

Tonight he was handed his arse by the worst prime minster in history. Immediately after the worst defeat in parliamentary history.

The guys a clown and should resign tomorrow.

Northwind

“She ASKED him to table a vote of no confidence, he stupidly obliged”

This’d be after he’d already commited to tabling the vote.

Viewing 40 posts - 57,721 through 57,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.