Viewing 40 posts - 57,441 through 57,480 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

am hopefull that this is the point at which the tide turns against the virus of nationalism, hatred of foreigners and insular miserabilism that is eating at the body politic of the West.

I’d hope you’re right but in practice I imagine it’ll lead to more polarisation, more dislocation from normalised politics and a significant shift in a large minority of the population towards “representative” popularist fringe groups in politics such as the bnp, edl and so on.

kayla1
    Free Member

£’s recovered ever so slightly against the Euro, up 1 cent to 1.13 Euro now!

Poopscoop

So…..

The case for a second ref has got to be a little stronger after tonight?

Still, many stars would have to align but…

dissonance

They should have been in a strong position, but they still sound rudderless.

They have the same problems as the tories though. Whilst their party isnt quite so divided, close though, the voters in their core constituencies are.

Poopscoop

Anyone see the interview with a brexiter outside the commons?

“He would die for Brexit” as would thousands of others he says….

Thats what the country is up against.

Frightening.

Northwind

“kayla1

£’s recovered ever so slightly against the Euro, up 1 cent to 1.13 Euro now!”

Excellent, I can afford to do the megavalanche!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

She is still playing her games though.
    Choosing no confidence votes (which she knows she’ll…, Well, not lose, I hesitate to say win) instead of resignation so she can claim legitimacy

MSP

They have the same problems as the tories though. Whilst their party isnt quite so divided, close though, the voters in their core constituencies are.

And instead of spending the last 2 years letting their voters know how disastrous brexit will be for them, they have just been promising different coloured unicorns.

Corbyn is still pushing brexit as policy.

dannyh
    Free Member

He’s welcome to. Just so long as he does it quietly and doesn’t bother anyone else, that’s freedom.

iamtheresurrection

Agreed. Blair/Cameron stage right with a new moderate party out of the ashes.

I don’t understand party politics, but I’m struggling to find a leader amongst them (apart from May who, whatever I think of the deal, has handled it with more class than the rest). YMMV…

locum76
    Free Member

UK is dead.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah the DUP still think the EU meant we will have another go, Also they will support the government tomorrow, how many tories are sick of her, the ERG or the DUP?

dannyh
    Free Member

So there’ll be a confidence vote and the turkeys will go back to the norm and……..

Tick……tock

They’re going to have to admit it in the end: It is a shit idea and can’t happen.

imnotverygood

There’s no chance of any Tories voting against the govt in a no confidence motion I’m afraid

Klunk
    Free Member

athgray
    Free Member

What does tomorrow night’s vote have to be to bring down the government? Is it 2/3rds?

epicyclo

Poopscoop
    Anyone see the interview with a brexiter outside the commons?

Poor chap. He’d have to go to Europe to euthanised, not legal here.

I presume that’s what he’s offering to do…

dissonance

Agreed. Blair/Cameron stage right with a new moderate party out of the ashes.

Blair jumped before he was pushed and Cameron is a shitshow.
    “moderate” policies is exactly what led to this entire mess. They were anything but moderate in their free market dreams which left a bunch of people wondering who the hell would represent them and so fell for the lies of Farage and then later Rees-Mogg and the like who pretended to care about them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There’s no chance of any Tories voting against the govt in a no confidence motion I’m afraid

Then we have deadlock, no new deal, no new options, nothing will change – so are we back here on Monday morning for another vote?

Or do we see the more creative options?

Pook

BJ looks knackered

dissonance

Poor chap. He’d have to go to Europe to euthanised, not legal here.

Nah they can go for the Swiss option.

epicyclo

locum76
    UK is dead.

Tick tock, it won’t be long…

richmtb

No confidence vote is a simple majority

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Unlikely but, given she promised not to lead them into the next GE and they’re stuck with her due to their own NC failing, don’t underestimatethe greed and stupidity of those who want the crown.

dannyh
    Free Member

What does tomorrow night’s vote have to be to bring down the government? Is it 2/3rds?

It won’t happen. It will resolve nothing.

They will have to admit that Brexit is fundamentally shit. Johnson is on now saying that this gives the Maybot a mandate to go back to the EU basically saying “look how **** barmy we are, we’re holding a gun to our own head and one false move and we’ll shoot”.

The man is a charlatan and a crook.

Klunk
    Free Member

3 labour members and Frank Field voted for mays deal !

bigrich

I must say, this is all very entertaining.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

we’re holding a gun to our own head and one false move and we’ll shoot

It’s worked before

dannyh
    Free Member

I must say, this is all very entertaining.

It would be if you and I weren’t ultimately the people who are going to pay for this fiasco one way or another.

bigrich

This may come in useful. Next Winter Survival Guide

littlejohn suggests digging up your lawn to grow them.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s a shame about the language in the Blazing Saddles clip as, otherwise, I would be sharing widely.

It is the perfect metaphor. Except the ‘other side’ aren’t the idiots in this one.

athgray
    Free Member

It won’t happen. It will resolve nothing.

They will have to admit that Brexit is fundamentally shit. Johnson is on now saying that this gives the Maybot a mandate to go back to the EU basically saying “look how **** barmy we are, we’re holding a gun to our own head and one false move and we’ll shoot”.

The man is a charlatan and a crook.

I know it wont happen. Tories will club together with the boss, but I was just curious to know the % required to bring it down is.

binners

Bloody labour traitors!!! Lost me my bet of her getting under 200 votes 😡

MSP

Well the mother of parliaments is now a senile cat women who should be in a care home, if austerity hadn’t closed that option

Poopscoop

Want to see how your MP voted?

Mine was in the minority! Lol

Here

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a shame about the language in the Blazing Saddles clip as, otherwise, I would be sharing widely.

It is the perfect metaphor. Except the ‘other side’ aren’t the idiots in this one.

Or, the EU is the one pretending the to hold the gun to their heads. Letting the UK fools think they have any power in this situation.

fooman

Entertaining for some maybe but our company does a lot of trade with Europe so we might have to make layoffs if we suddenly lose 20% of our business. Probably start with the warehouse staff who voted for Brexit – not that they had any idea what they were voting for, generally they just wanted to poke the establishment in the eye.

dannyh
    Free Member

Or, the EU is the one pretending the to hold the gun to their heads. Letting the UK fools think they have any power in this situation.

Ooooh, or is it a triple bluff?

Problem is, only one ‘side’ has any cards and everyone knows it.

Northwind

“iamtheresurrection

Subscriber

Agreed. Blair/Cameron stage right with a new moderate party out of the ashes. ”

Cameron! “Hi everyone, this is all my fault, now vote for me!”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bercow!

Outstanding performance.

Viewing 40 posts - 57,441 through 57,480 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.