Viewing 40 posts - 55,561 through 55,600 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • zippykona

If we are doing songs…

England made me and here I’ll stay
    Emgland made me, let England deal with me.

I will fight these **** until the day I die.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Here is the measure of Theresa May’s failure last night – according to an observer of her request to EU leaders for…

Posted by Robert Peston on Friday, December 14, 2018

What a mess!

Del

Eek.

PrinceJohn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46564884

So a little more cost associated with Brexit – every little helps…

& what’s going to happen to the E111 health form thing?

jam-bo

& what’s going to happen to the E111 health form thing?

invalid. travel insurance costs will go up like they are for non-EU destinations at the moment.

PrinceJohn

We’ve really shown them & taken back control.

jam-bo

or that may just be project fear and the EU will fall over themselves to treat us plucky brits that manage to escape…

Del

jimdubleyou

or that may just be project fear and the EU will fall over themselves to treat us plucky brits that manage to escape…

How, exactly, does one go about claiming political asylum?

kelvin

travel insurance costs will go up like they are for non-EU destinations at the moment

Extra fun/expense if you have a pre-existing condition, like T1 Diabetes.

And… raising your eye from your summer jollies… think about UK citizens living and/or working in the EU.

mrmo
    Free Member

and the “amusing” part of the ETIAS thing, it isn’t a visa so any attempt by the UK to impose a visa as some brexiteers are calling for means reciprocal treatment. ETIAS won’t apply and you would then be liable for a full visa…. which from what i can find is of order 50-60 euro.

mrmo
    Free Member

Or you move to RoI under CTA, try and get a job, remain resident for years, claim irish citizenship and then can relocate at will in the EU.

milky1980
    Free Member

We really are **** arent we. Destined to be stuck in limbo on the fringes with none of the benefits but all of the costs.

I’m about to go visit my parents who both voted to leave, should be an ‘intersting’ few hours avoiding any mention of this shit storm.

epicyclo

Or you move to RoI under CTA, try and get a job, remain resident for years, claim irish citizenship and then can relocate at will in the EU.

Or move to NI, and when it inevitably reunites with the the Republic, job done.

Or possible emigrate to Scotland for the same thing. You can help this process by telling your MP to chuck those whingeing subsidy sucking Scots out of the Union. 🙂

thepurist

Anyone else noticing an increase in the number of Brexit conspiracy theorists that are popping up? Along the lines of “It’s all a secret Remain plot between May, the EU and the media – they’ve planned this all along”. In that case, well done Mrs May you’ve played a blinder, you had me fooled into thinking you and you colleagues really had no clue what was happening from one day to the next.

teethgrinder

We really are **** arent we. Destined to be stuck in limbo on the fringes with none of the benefits but all of the costs.

Blue **** passports. Traitor.

molgrips
    Free Member

invalid. travel insurance costs will go up like they are for non-EU destinations at the moment.

Yes my parents will be **** because my Dad has pre-existing conditions and struggles to even get insurance. Both ardent remainers in case you were wondering.

slowoldman

I’m about to go visit my parents who both voted to leave, should be an ‘intersting’ few hours avoiding any mention of this shit storm.

You should give them a hard time for landing you in the shit.

convert

The dawning realisation that this is still all going to be up in the air over Christmas has come to me. Christmas with my Brexit voting Daily Mail reading inlaws has never looked so dreadful. To cap it off my MiL’s brother died last week so I’ve had to promise to be nice to her when all I want to do is shake her by her triple lock pension.

Idle thought…if we all knocked off our inlaws over the festive season not only would the world be a better place but also if a 2nd referendum comes to pass there’s a chance we’ll get to call the whole thing off.

scotroutes

Or possible emigrate to Scotland for the same thing. You can help this process by telling your MP to chuck those whingeing subsidy sucking Scots out of the Union

I’ll not deny that I’ve been feeling somewhat remote from much of the shenanigans on the basis that we might have one last chance to escape from the forthcoming bourach. I can’t say that I feel particularly optimistic though.

kelvin

I think the @crazy-legs theory that the (a) Tory front bench will back a referendum before the Labour one does is starting to look more likely…

Pressure is mounting…

…the details match up with his post very closely.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I note that the EU., an organisation consisting of no less than 27 different countries all with their own particular needs and cultures, have all been able to cooperate and agree with each other on the point of whether or not the Brexit deal is closed.

Brexit? Of course!! Who on earth would want to belong to a union as shambolic and disorganised as that? Eh? Eh?

Oh, wait….

Poopscoop

And… raising your eye from your summer jollies… think about UK citizens living and/or working in the EU.

I have a good friends whose mum and dad recently moved to France permanently.

One has a debilitating illness which will never go. Both massively strong Leavers. Like many leavers, logic just doesn’t seem to apply.

I’ve spent a Coyle of hours on the BBC Have Your Say section this afternoon. Ostensibly discussing May’s complete and totally predictable humiliation. Again.

Honestly, the majority of leavers are utterly radicalized by Brexit. Logic and common sense count for nothing. On the few occasions there is an admission something is not really going well with this process it’s always someone else’s fault. The EU, May**, Remainers being “unpatriotic.”

I’m sure if we crash out on WTO terms, the WTO will be the next “elites” to be blamed for any hardship suffered! It’s always someone else’s fault.

Wish to Christ I had recent Irish ancestry to get an Irish passport but no dice.

**Can’t stand her but was always a poisoned chalice.

dogbone

My hope is Scotland leaves Uk for EU. Then says anyone born on the island of Britain can have Scots EU passport.

zippykona

If I bought a house in N.I and paid council tax would I be an N.I citizen. If I and 10 other people then bought the cheapest shack in NI with our names on the deeds would we all get NI citizenship?

kayla1
    Free Member

Christmas with my Brexit voting Daily Mail reading inlaws has never looked so dreadful.

**** ’em. Life is far too short to be somewhere you don’t want to be. I haven’t seen my mam for a couple of weeks and don’t want to visit any time soon (me, remainer; her, DM reading loon) 🙁

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Someone needs to tell the Brexiteers that we should stay in, what would be better – to leave? Or to hatch a Machiavellian plot to destroy the EU from the inside?

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-the-eu-should-fear-a-second-uk-referendum/

I mean ****, if they think we’re that evil already – we should just go full Russian, start funneling money and support to the yellow vests and the FN.

jam-bo

Blue **** passports. Traitor.

And toblerone. At least that’s secured.

mrmo
    Free Member

If I bought a house in N.I and paid council tax would I be an N.I citizen. If I and 10 other people then bought the cheapest shack in NI with our names on the deeds would we all get NI citizenship?

No you would be a Brit living in Northern Ireland, Sorry but you need to be born in the island of Ireland to get an Irish passport(mind you being born in Ireland isn’t always enough, I don’t fully know the rules on that), or the child/grand child? etc of an Irish citizen.

BoardinBob

Apologies if this has been done but it is equally hilarious and terrifying

dantsw13

Sadly that is representative of a lot of our population.

jam-bo

And why a 2nd referendum would be a risky move…

athgray
    Free Member

Just watched that James O’Brien clip. When asked what was so terrible in York, the chap explained it was ”the state of everything!” What does that mean?

I thought the caller was very nebulous.

jam-bo

Given he was born in 1983, and thought we should go back to the 1990’s, I think he just didn’t much like being a grown up.

grahamh
    Free Member

And under WTO rules we are so rurally f**ked.#

igm

York is pretty much remain

mefty
    Free Member
    athgray
    Free Member

York is pretty much remain

The guy was a very depressing caller.
    I wish he had asked
    ”What have continental Europeans ever done for York??”

epicyclo

athgray
    “What have continental Europeans ever done for York??”

Pillaged it mainly, but that was a very long time ago.

mefty
    Free Member

I am not sure the Vikings would appreciate being called continental Europeans.

Viewing 40 posts - 55,561 through 55,600 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.