Viewing 40 posts - 53,041 through 53,080 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

No deal will never happen, parliament will take back control at that point.

Klunk
    Free Member

Council president Donald Tusk has appeared to express the hope that Brexit could still be averted.”The EU is prepared for a final deal with the United Kingdom in November,” he told a news conference in Brussels.”We are also prepared for a no-deal scenario but of course we are best prepared for a no-Brexit scenario.”

wors

Could she just Revoke Article 50 on her own?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes.

w00dster

Out of curiosity is there a choice for us to have a second vote and this time “Remain”? I wasn’t sure about a statement I read saying that the “Withdrawl Deal cannot be re-opened”
    From the BBC – A (very) senior EU official has suggested that the draft Withdrawal Agreement cannot be reopened, either by Westminster or the member states, saying: “We think we’ve exhausted our margin for manoeuvre.”

winston
    Free Member

thecaptain
    Free Member

It is not completely certain legally speaking that we can revoke A50, there is a court case due to decide this in a couple of weeks (that the govt has tried to block at hue public expense). I expect the court to agree but it’s possible that it could decide otherwise. However in practice it’s pretty clear that any revocation will be gladly accepted anyway. Top trolling from Tusk up there 🙂

mickmcd
    Free Member

I dunno, Polls  suggest most people wish we’d never started down this road

Yes where’s the OP 1365 pages and counting

woody2000

This made me chuckle

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, Brexiteers were phoning in to LBC this morning in tears.

Brexiteers in tears? What a bunch of pathetic morons. They believed all the lies and rubbish about how easy it would all be as the U.K. floated regally like The Swan Of Freedom into a broad sunlit upland scattered with magical unicorns and now it’s proved to be the complete nause-up that was predicted by the sensible among us, are looking for someone to blame. Anybody but themselves.

Here’s a list for the wall and blindfold:

Fox, Johnson B., Davies, Rees-Mogg and Hoey.

Keep the acid bath for Banks and Farage.

I’d buy that for a Euro.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Error what happens if there’s a second ref

AND

We still decide to leave..

Will it just be a ok then

Or a mega cliff jump two fingers

winston
    Free Member

“It is not completely certain legally speaking that we can revoke A50”

They had the guy that actually drafted article 50 on R4 the other day and he said it was designed in and that all it needed was a letter from the PM and unilateral agreement by the other 27 ‘which they would give by return of post’ in his words.

scotroutes

<p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>Just to confirm I am available and willing to serve on a temporary basis as UK Brexit Secretary and have a plan ready to go that will totally fix all this 😘</p>&mdash; Alyn Smith MEP 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇪🇺 (@AlynSmith) 15 November 2018<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”><script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&#8221; charset=”utf-8″></script></span>

thecaptain
    Free Member

I agree there are good opinions for that winston but the ECJ is due to rule on the 27th and until they make their decision it would be unwise IMO to assert it as fact. Even if that’s what the guy who wrote it intended. There’s nothing actually written down about revoking the notification, it’s a matter of what can be inferred from the absence of any specific process.

kelvin

A (very) senior EU official has suggested that the draft Withdrawal Agreement cannot be reopened

Well, that’s nonsense, it’s a draft… there are even sections that say 20XX where the year hasn’t yet been agreed/entered. It’s not finished. They may well decide now that there’s little point in finishing it mind you… and there isn’t the time to wait for the UK to work on and agree ( ha, ha, ha ) significant changes to it.

kennyp
    Free Member

A second ref could still conceivably result in leave, and that would mean a defecto hard brexit.

I suspect the chances of another vote giving the same result are almost zero. Okay so the very right wing anti-Europe folk (plus some very left wing anti-Europe folk) will still vote to leave, as will the uneducated proles who frankly shouldn’t have the franchise anyway.

However many leave voters (not the ones vocal on the internet, radio etc) will have changed their minds, and most crucially of all, there will be a far larger turn out of young voters, who will largely vote remain. If the youngsters had bothered to vote last time we wouldn’t be in this mess, and ironically they have most to lose from us leaving.

Klunk
    Free Member

DrJ

Here’s a list for the wall and blindfold:

Fox, Johnson B., Davies, Rees-Mogg and Hoey.

Plus that ghastly German woman.

jam-bo

Plus that ghastly German woman.

what did the queen do?

dazh

This 5pm presser. It’s either ‘I resign’ or ‘f*** you I’m fighting to the bitter end and bringing you all down with me you treacherous c****’.  🙂

I’m kind of hoping the latter. Corbyn must be s***ting himself. He never wanted to be PM.

(sorry that’s a lot of stars!)

makkag
    Free Member

I’m off to a UK Finance Annual Dinner tonight .. Im guessing the chair will be furiously rewriting his speech after 5pm .. poor sod

tomhoward

Brexiteers in tears? What a bunch of pathetic morons.

‘Snowflakes’ is the accepted term, I believe.

BoardinBob

I’m very confused about Raab.

I was under the impression he was our Brexit minister, so would have been very involved in the discussions.

Why is he acting so surprised and disappointed by the proposed deal? Its almost as though he’s had zero involvement with it. If he has been involved, why didn’t he resign before it was announced yesterday if he has so little belief in it.

Who is actually pulling the strings here? Who is actually leading the negotiations.

What an absolute disaster 😕

mattyfez

Could she just Revoke Article 50 on her own?

Our good friends in Scotland are pushing this through court to find out..

BoardinBob

Remember when THM used to lecture us on how the grown ups were making sure everything would be ok😂😂😂

richmtb

I’ve almost got admiration for the sheer bloody minded determination that May is displaying

Its utterly doomed to failure but still she soldiers on.

In her head she thinks she’s re-enacting “The Charge of the Light Brigade” in reality its more like:

jam-bo

Remember when THM used to lecture us on how the grown ups were making sure they would be ok

fixed it…

binners

Bill Cash has just been interviewed. Like the rest of these loons, the bloke is absolutely unhinged. They really are totally batshit crazy.

He was just banging on and on about regaining our sovereignty. It was repeatedly asked if it was worth massive economic damage to the country.  He then just kept banging on and on about regaining our sovereignty.

Then he agreed that even the Bexiteers favourite economist has said that if the UK car industry went the same way as the coal industry, well that just means the economy will have to change. Then he returned to banging on and on about regaining our sovereignty

It must be nice to be in such a pviviledged position that you don’t have to worry yourself with little things like the economy imploding, massive job losses, huge rises in prices etc etc

But thats what these Brexiteer ****s all have in common, isn’t it? None of them have ever had to worry about how they’re going to pay next months rent, have they?

They’ll all just casually stroll away from the smoking rubble, completely unaffected

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Oh and all is forgiven Bercow, the sardonic tone he used throughout the entire thing makes him one of the few politicians I can cope with.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Brexit isn’t a better future – it is a backward step into an imagined past.

c/o Michael Russell, the Scottish constitutional relations secretary.

Sums it all up for me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

However many leave voters (not the ones vocal on the internet, radio etc) will have changed their minds, and most crucially of all, there will be a far larger turn out of young voters, who will largely vote remain. If the youngsters had bothered to vote last time we wouldn’t be in this mess, and ironically they have most to lose from us leaving.

I dunno. I’d vote remain again.

My OH voted for May (well, for our cockwomble MP Redwood) in the GE as in her words “they’ve started Austerity and Brexit, so it’s better to finish them”. Dunno how common that might be which worries me.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

26 mins to go…

Bets lads?

I’m for resignation.

binners

Farage is being interviewed now. I’m presently fantasizing about doing truly unspeakable things to him

richmtb

Nah my vote is “**** the lot of you I’m fighting on”

raybanwomble
    Free Member

This is more rivetting than the world cup….

jimster01

Another it’s gonna be “**** you all I’m staying “

dazh

Bets lads?

I really have no idea. I really hope it’s not one of those graceful ‘I’ve listened to colleagues, and for the good of the country etc’ jobs. If she does go I want it to be a fire and brimstone, trashing the office and telling your bosses they’re all ***** resignation.

I’m going to go for fighting on. She has pedigree on this and even if/when she does lose, I think she’s going to do as much damage to Boris as possible to prevent him replacing her.

What would happen if she just called an election? There’s a constitutional crisis in the making… 🙂

woody2000

She’ll do a Trump (fnarr fnarr) and claim the whole thing is a success, and carry on with her present course (of ignoring everyone).

Maybe she’ll do a little dance again.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I really hope she does a dance when she comes on,I actually think that would make me not hate her if she trolled the entire country.

jimster01

Don’t they record HIGNY tonight? They’ll be delaying that for almost as long as Brexit

Viewing 40 posts - 53,041 through 53,080 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.