Viewing 40 posts - 50,841 through 50,880 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • dudeofdoom

So it’s either BRINO and some civil unrest immediately

I reckon this this would solve it ,tbh,before the whole vote other than the whole Boris writing articles on bananas I dont think I heard anyone ever really mention the EU or WTO or anything vaguely related and blue passports bollocks (we always thought they were black due to the fading effect.)

(No ECHR For these unresters thou full force of new U.K. sovereignty and 20 years for protesting)

will of the people has been respected job done everyone up the pub and the whole mess will be forgotten by the next World Cup.

gotta be better than crushing our manufacturing,farming,Phama industries and possibly starting a fracture of the U.K on a Tory whim.

tjagain

If we don’t pay the money we owe then I very much doubt anyone will trust us to abide by any international agreements.  Certainly we will get nothing from the EU.  A very stupid idea not to pay the money we owe and have agreed to pay.

igm

European Court to rule whether MPs can unilaterally cancel Brexit

interesting

thecaptain
    Free Member

Of course they can but the govt didn’t want people to speak of it openly.

dudeofdoom

I was under the (mis)understanding that you could shut steelworks, take bribes and burn villages without as much as a raised eyebrow but if you don’t pay your creditors then the sky falls and they come for you like a pack of hyenas.

yep it’s all legal contracts,with small print and as said think of a civil divorce all this stuff has to be sorted the banks appeased the kiddy money sorted etc , walking away doesn’t really fly well when you want another mortgage or they catch up for the back kiddy payments.

slowoldman

if the two options are

crap deal

no deal

The third option is the government admitting it isn’t possible to deliver what was voted on without irrevocably damaging the country and advising (as a responsible administration surely would) that they could not in all conscience follow such a destructive path.

mooman
    Free Member

Hopefully yesterdays fiasco will convince even the most ignorant Remoaner that the EU have no respect for the UK and there is no reversing Brexit.

I am not sure if TM has been totally incompetent in her negotiating with the EU to get us to a no deal  – or if she has played a blinder to get the deal most of her party wanted.

Best withdraw immediately; sure it will be messy for us … but it will be messier for the majority in the EU who rely on handouts to prop their economies up.

dazh

If we don’t pay up then who the **** knows where we’ll end up. Wars have been fought over less. Maybe that’s the plan?

dudeofdoom

@slowoldman

It’s back to the old in/out, thou and a majority said out so out you have to go.

There were no caveats attached to any of it.

They took 2 years to come up with an unacceptable plan which they refused to accept was unacceptable although they knew this well before yesterdays drinks an nibbles.

Politicians lap up this stuff,a no hoper ended up PM for two years and Brexit gives a good excuse not to sort out the social issues,infrastructure anything that they aren’t interested in.

Meanwhile the Brexit gravy train could roll for years. First as Brexit then later as Breturn.

I don’t disagree with you btw 🙂

and if I’m Ranty  today it’s coz I got flu.

cchris2lou

And in the middle of it all have the opposition parties gone on holiday ?

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

“Best withdraw immediately” – the withdrawal method is the best, you say? I think we’re ****ed, regardless (IGMC).

Cant see how burning down your own house, basking in the knowledge everyone else’s has caught fire due to the sparks is a great idea.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45603192

In a statement at Downing Street she said for EU leaders to reject her plan with no alternative at this “late stage of negotiations” was “not acceptable”.

FML

igm

New definitions

ambush – example “Mrs May was ambushed by the EU27”

definition – a cunning ploy whereby you tell someone exactly what you are going to do and your very sensible reasons for doing it, and then do that which you said you were going to do, thereby confusing the life out of dimwitted types who assumed you were bluffing.

dudeofdoom

If we don’t pay up then who the **** knows where we’ll end up. Wars have been fought over less. Maybe that’s the plan?

Not trading with one of our biggest markets and they could put sanctions on us so no more Audi’s/BMWs.

Not sure they’d want to blockade our ports thou as we may already had done that.

Or the other side thou a bit more Audi tax to cover our defaulting ways and it’s carry on as usual, they need us more t…

Won’t happen thou we’ll pay something.

thecaptain
    Free Member

mooman – TNUMTWNT is alive and well! But even if that ridiculous nonsense was true, how does that solve the border problem?

dudeofdoom

Cant see how burning down your own house, basking in the knowledge everyone else’s has caught fire due to the sparks is a great idea.

well you could be first to start toasting marshmallows over the flaming remains of your life’s achievements.

so it’s not all bad.

onewheelgood

Hopefully yesterdays fiasco will convince even the most ignorant Remoaner that the EU have no respect for the UK and there is no reversing Brexit.

Only an unimaginably cretinous Brexshitter snowflake could possibly interpret what happened yesterday in this fashion.

Right, having got the childish insults out of the way, all that happened yesterday was the the various EU representatives pointed out what should have been obvious to everyone for a long time. Enough people have already pointed it out that it really shouldn’t have surprised May, unless she’s been living in a cave since Chequers. See @igm’s definition of ‘ambush’ above.

thecaptain
    Free Member

It’s hard to see how “No deal” could be simultaneously just peachy for the UK while being a serious problem for the EU. Even if we reneged on all promises regarding money, it’s only a few billion and they’d probably think it was cheap at the price for getting rid of the obstructionist behaviour.

onewheelgood

If we don’t pay up and Western banks no longer lend to us, there’s always the Russians. It worked for Trump, although the deal comes with a few strings…

dudeofdoom

Just noticed old new so binned

AD

Deleted – makes no sense 🙂

cornholio98
    Free Member

The options were clear two years ago. We rejected these and decided we could have all the benefits with non of the cost. This could have been an easy deal but we chose to scream and stamp and fight with ourselves. When you tell someone to F off don’t be surprised when you then ask them for something they are not receptive.

so no more Audi’s/BMWs.

Or renaults, Peugeot, Skoda, seat, vw, Opel, Fiat, Alfa, Ferrari…

personally I would be more worried about medicine and how the UK was a massively declining food producer until the eastern expansion brought in cheap labour…

kelvin

I’m going to repeat my first two contributions to this thread, posted many years ago…

?

&

Edit: deleted my post, as this thread is full of dead ends.

I should have stopped at that.

As a country, we haven’t yet progressed on any of the issues at stake here… May’s DUP style speech today could have been made at any point in the last two years. No compromise on Ireland, we don’t care about whole Ireland trade or communities… we demand the EU gives the whole of the UK benefits of SM without any of the responsibilities. Oh, and to repeat, f@@k Ireland. And f@@k Scotland. Utterly depressing.

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>deadlydarcy
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

It’s still very slim I think.

Sure but like I keep saying, we’re still in fantasy brexit land. A second referendum would help brexiteers in some ways as they could kindle more righteous indignation, but hinder them in that they couldn’t promise 50 different incompatible brexits any more and take a vote for any of them as a vote for whichever one happens, which is what we had last time.

</div>

matt_outandabout

A general election is becoming more likely by the day IMO, that has to be the platform to stand on.

I feel like May has the bottle to call one.

What level of political mayhem and process would trigger one outside of Conservatives views?

I’m also feeling that it’s much more likely to get an election than second referendum..

dannyh
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

The whole ‘two-bit mobsters’ and ‘ambushed’ narrative is basically making the UK look even less grown up than Serena Williams or Cristiano Ronaldo!

We were the laughing stock of the world in June 2016, now we keep doubling down on the idiocy!

At least Idi Amin isn’t still around to take the mickey.

Or if Macron chose to be really cruel he could say:

“Ne pleurez pas mi’lady”

Brexit quiz – why would that comment be particularly apt?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Non, je ne regrette rien.

kimbers

???? It convinced me that May is an absolute idiot for repeatedly saying that she could go round Barnier & repeating the Brexiter fantasy that the EU will split the 4 freedoms just for us coz were so special, of course they don’t respect us wevew behaved like spoilt children !

I am not sure if TM has been totally incompetent in her negotiating with the EU to get us to a no deal  – or if she has played a blinder to get the deal most of her party wanted.

If you can’t see she’s incompetent, you may be blind

Best withdraw immediately; sure it will be messy for us … but it will be messier for the majority in the EU who rely on handouts to prop their economies up.

Yeah because who needs medicines, jit supply lines or aircraft flight certification….

… short term hit to UK from no deal -1.5% of GDP, France Germany -0.3% of GDP.

^^^^^^ It’s ignorance<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> like this that’s got us into this pickle</span>

AD

Could almost go in the Corbyn thread but I like this:

“Corbyn’s level of excitement for a second Referendum is so small it can’t even be measured by the Large Hadron Collider.” 🙂

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/features/are-you-suffering-from-corbynism-try-our-symptom-checker-20180921177592

Del

Campbell on form on 4 news earlier. It’s amazing that this is giving even somone like him an aura of respectability after everything.

dannyh
    Free Member

@deadlydarcy.

Is disappoint.

You are correct that ”ne pleurez pas, mi’lord” is Edith Piaf, but it was De Gaulle who taunted MacMillan when he was begging to be allowed INTO the forming European Community by using that phrase after saying ‘non’. The irony is simply delicious.

Now, after over forty years of the EU bending over backwards to accommodate us, we kick them in the balls and expect them to come up with ideas to mitigate the damage.

Hopefully at some point Barnier will say “I’d like to use some lovely French prose to tell you my opinion, but I know you lot prefer your ancestral tongue, so instead I say **** off”.

It is all we deserve.

scratch
    Free Member

edit

mooman
    Free Member

<div
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author”>thecaptain
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

mooman – TNUMTWNT is alive and well! But even if that ridiculous nonsense was true, how does that solve the border problem

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Children and their txt talk!

no idea what that collection of capital letters mean sorry. So I have no idea how that jumble of letters would have an affect on the border problem .. which I am assuming is the Northern Ireland issue you prob heard grown ups talking about??

This is why giving the vote to 16 year olds, as being pushed by Remoaners, is a bad idea; as thecaptain has demonstrated perfectly .. they simply don’t have an idea about what’s happening outside of their own little bubble.

kimbers

Mooman is stands for…

They

Need

Us

More

Than

We

Need

Them

…amazing that some leavers still cling to that old trope

The EU have stayed impressively unified throughout.

Despite their desperate need for us 🙄 we’ve conceded to every single point in the talks so far.

Even as May was appeasing the brexit nutters, so they don’t eviscerate her at the conference next week,. With her carefully scripted fake outrage, she was secretly caviing in to the EUs demands….

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7318775/brexit-chequers-pm-northern-ireland/amp/?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Drac

That has to be a joke, please tell me you were joking?

tjagain

Pure Pish Mooman.  16 yr olds were given the vote in the scottish referendum and they added a lot to the debate and looked into the issues at least as much as the average voter.

kerley
    Free Member

Careful, don’t imply they are stupid (or racist)

oldnpastit

Pure Pish Mooman. 16 yr olds were given the vote in the scottish referendum and they added a lot to the debate and looked into the issues at least as much as the average voter.

16 years olds are going to be living with these choices a lot longer than old duffers like us.

igm

This mornings Sun front page is priceless.

Yesterday May is warbling on about always treating the EU with respect and not receiving respect in return, and today the Sun publish that.

Now personally I’ve always felt the EU have treated us with respect (Tusk’s joke was pretty gentle, affectionate even), but if they feel they need a reason not to our press is always happy to supply one.

Idiot right wing media.

Mind you, front pages like that are what we need to stop Brexit dead I suppose, so…

Viewing 40 posts - 50,841 through 50,880 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.