Viewing 40 posts - 48,241 through 48,280 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • AD

Following on from Cougars .eu thread – I’ve just remembered my car has EU stars on the numberplate. Wonder if we’ll have to change that too… 🙂

zippykona

**** Internet.

Half the globe was pink without sending a **** email.

Turn it off let the lion roar.

kimbers

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/08/17/home_office_seeks_brexit_tech_boss_doesnt_splash_the_cash/

The closing date is 2 September and the final panel interviews are 8 October – which should give them plenty of time to handle the first task listed in the job description:

“Design and delivery of the programme of DDaT work needed to support the settlement scheme in time for launch in the Autumn of 2018.”

AD

Happy days – Nigel is back to save us from the ‘anti-democrats’…

Hopefully everyone who attends his tour can ask ‘what’s the plan Nige?’

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farage-back-in-politics-to-challenge-theresa-mays-brexit-11475417

kerley
    Free Member

Just watched Brexitannia on Amazon prime.  So many failures of logic.

somafunk

I’m 10 minutes into Brexitannia on Amazon Prime and every single one of those thick **** deserves to have a full lobotomy, preferably done by grabbing the back of their heads and impaling their gawking faces on iron railings set up outside every town hall in the UK.  I’ll quite happily listen and converse/disagree with a cohesive and reasoned argument for Brexit but they are very few and far between, as for the folk who express such utter shite as in Brexitannia? – It’s very easy to say to them “you are a **** idiot” over and over till it rings through their head 24/7  like a tinnitus jack hammer to their conscience.

Like i said…….**** idiots.

somafunk

Nope…..nope…..nope, 21 mins in and hearing a young UKIP supporter state she “doesn’t trust the mediya” 🤔, cant watch any more as it’s just reinforcing my belief that brexiters are **** idiots.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Ooohhh someones lost their “faith” in brexit…

dudeofdoom

Well started to watch brexitannia

And Aggghhh the old cucumber thing swings it for one of them 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m 10 minutes into Brexitannia on Amazon Prime and every single one of those thick **** deserves to have a full lobotomy, preferably done by grabbing the back of their heads and impaling their gawking faces on iron railings set up outside every town hall in the UK.

Thread winner.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The future.

Ruritanian antiquity governed by the ghost of Mussolini.

Good luck everybody.

dannyh
    Free Member

50/50 whether we crash out without a ‘deal’. What the Danish guy didn’t say was what the other 50% is.

Let’s face it, the other 50% isn’t going to be a deal. The rabble we currently have running this fiasco cannot do a deal. They’re still negotiating with themselves, nearly 18 months into a 24 month timescale. I genuinely believe these maniacs would rather take us over the edge than do the correct thing and withdraw A50 or extend it if they can.

swamp_boy

This pretty well nails it

titanic disaster

AD

There will be Superdry bonfires in the streets…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45235655

Another ‘enemy of the people’. Springing up everywhere.

dazh

Very surprised no ones posted this yet. I had to laugh whilst watching Brexitannia at the bendy cucumbers bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek9_GQa1lgc

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of the SEL’s was on the news spluttering his tea over how dare they have opinions, how very dare they continue to be politically active.

Utter utter panic in the brexit camp at the moment.

chewkw
    Free Member

There will be Superdry bonfires in the streets…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45235655

Their clothings have weird sizing but worst of all with poor unpractical small pockets, I mean how hard can that be to design clothing with larger pocket?

Regardless of their political affiliation they are not going to drum up sales.

pondo

I’ll buy Superdry now, even if I can’t get me gropers in the pockets.

chewkw
    Free Member

I’ll buy Superdry now, even if I can’t get me gropers in the pockets.

Superdry must be targeting the “niche” 48.1% market.  😀

dannyh
    Free Member

They’d better start targeting any markets they can as in a couple of year’s time no **** will have any cash to spend on anything due to this shit.

kimbers

As if the geriatric Brexiters of little Britain wear superdry !

Ironic when the brexies themselves are happy with Putin’s money channeled via Aron banks to fund brexit.

It’s painfully obvious that brexit is dying of its own contradictions & the brexiteers themselves have shown that they have no plan whatsoever to make it work.

Klunk
    Free Member

Superdry must be targeting the “niche” 48.1% market.

if it’s everyone but leave voters then it’s 63% of the UK

chewkw
    Free Member

They’d better start targeting any markets they can as in a couple of year’s time no **** will have any cash to spend on anything due to this shit.

Not trying to discuss their politics but I was at Superdry store a while back trying to buy shirts with larger pockets and the store was rather empty. Expensive, poor design and very thin materials.  I ended up buying better quality shirt from John Lewis with proper pockets and cheaper price.

Superdry is a bit like Fatface who cannot design clothing with larger pockets, the latter at least have size for normal people. Frankly, I don’t see Superdry surviving for long in their current retail chain concept but as independent store perhaps.

if it’s everyone but leave voters then it’s 63% of the UK

Good for them if they can do that as high street stores are practically empty.  Retail stores are being killed off by business rate that are going to the bureaucrats.

P/s: it does not matter which political party is in power, if they insist on having business rate the high street will be empty of independent stores.  Go walk around your city and see empty shops …

zippykona

Retail stores are being killed off by business rate that are going to the bureaucrats.

And once the WTO tax hikes kick in we are properly ****.

Klunk
    Free Member

Trump prefers them

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not trying to discuss their politics but

Good to see you have given that one up.

chewkw
    Free Member

And once the WTO tax hikes kick in we are properly ****.

Political parties like to blame each others but non got the balls to deal with business rate.

Good to see you have given that one up.

Politics? LOL!  People are just doing stuff as they see fit coz that is their identity and the nature of things.

Brexit or anti-Brexit … they are who they are.  Ain’t going to change.

kimbers

Frankly, I don’t see Superdry surviving for long in their current retail chain concept but as independent store perhaps

Revenue of £3/4 bn last  year, and have seen a 22% profit rise so far this year, bucking the trend of high street retailers ,

not sure that your pocket gripes are holding them back, but you could always drop them an email with your observations & theories

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Chewkw are you a shoplifter? Just saying “big pockets”

chewkw
    Free Member

Revenue of £3/4 bn last year, and have seen a 22% profit rise so far this year, bucking the trend of high street retailers ,

not sure that your pocket gripes are holding them back, but you could always drop them an email with your observations & theories

High revenue does not mean long term survival.  One bad year and all those revenue will be wiped off especially by those sucker business rate.

Bucking the trend? I sincerely hope they do as our high street in North East is practically empty of stores now.

My pocket gripes is just me but it does not take a genius to see low traffic to shops …

I ain’t a fashionista so my view does not make sense to high street fashion brand.

Chewkw are you a shoplifter? Just saying “big pockets”

I am referring to shirt pockets by the way.  Not others sort of pockets.

Put it this way if you cannot put a medium size 4.7″ smart phone in your pocket then the pocket is too small.

zippykona

Chewy. ,  amazingly my business rates went down last year.

cchris2lou

Except that the guy who gave 1 million pound created Superdry years ago, but sold his shares last year. Nothing to do with them now……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I am referring to shirt pockets by the way.  Not others sort of pockets.

Pockets on a shirt?

dovebiker

Business rates going up because local Government has seen their central funding massacred for the sake of austerity. We also have a domestic economy over-reliant on consumer credit and buying stuff they don’t need. Retail has also been propped-up by changes to the benefit systems where they employer everyone on zero-hours / part-time contracts and expect workers to get benefit top-ups. The High Street deserves what it gets – people like Philip Green who undertook leveraged buy-outs, loaded companies with debt, asset-stripped them and off-shored the proceeds.  Fat chance of getting a WTO deal if we crash out and haven’t sorted the Irish border – everyone else will slap maximum tariffs because they know we’re royally-screwed and haven’t got any leverage in a negotiation – the desperation will stink.

chewkw
    Free Member

Chewy. , amazingly my business rates went down last year.

Is business rate going down something good that should be cherished? LOL!

It is like saying instead of the parasite sucking a pint of your blood this year they suck less. LOL!

The money you pay for business rate perhaps could be used by you to invest elsewhere for better use innit.  I assume you have better knowledge of running a business and investing you own money better than anyone else.

Pockets on a shirt?

Yes, pockets on shirt.  See all those “lumberjack” style shirts they have? Cannot even fit a smart phone without the mobile falling off.

chewkw
    Free Member

The High Street deserves what it gets

Not everyone behaves like Philip Green or the likes.  The more you maintain the high rate the more Philip Green you will create because they are the ones that can afford the rate.

MSP

The money you pay for business rate perhaps could be used by you to invest elsewhere for better use innit.

Yep, He can start by investing in some security, because no tax no police, then he might need some roads, so customers and deliveries can service his business, if he employs anybody they are going to need to be educated and healthcare, that’s got to be paid for, although prayers should suffice to make sure he doesn’t burn down. You know when you think about it, all the public services that a business needs business rates are a bit of a bargain. In fact some might suggest that business is subsidised though general taxation.

But not to worry we can do away with all them pesky things post brexit.

cornholio98
    Free Member

Yes, pockets on shirt.  See all those “lumberjack” style shirts they have? Cannot even fit a smart phone without the mobile falling off.

This is is a good thing. I always laughed at the amount of phones you would see in a pub toilet where someone had gone to flush and bye bye phone….

chewkw
    Free Member

Yep, He can start by investing in some security, because no tax no police, then he might need some roads, so customers and deliveries can service his business, if he employs anybody they are going to need to be educated and healthcare, that’s got to be paid for. You know when you think about it, all the public services that a business needs business rates are a bit of a bargain. In fact some might suggest that business is subsidised though general taxation.

But not to worry we can do away with all them pesky things post brexit.

Ya, those points have been exhausted for so long they really make little sense anymore.

You can blame whatever you wish the bottom line is the high street is slowly empty of shop occupants.

A bargain? What bargain?  The high streets have plenty of empty shops.

p/s: … you can either kill the business off, with business rate, before the business even make profit or tax them later when they make profit (whatever rate …)

MSP

You can blame whatever you wish the bottom line is the high street is slowly empty of shop occupants

Well lets blame Europe then, bloody EU letting all them African migrants in to the UK to destroy our high streets, or it could be evil pixies, I have seen them stealing out of the cash registers and straightening our proud bent British bananas, I think they come from lapland.

Viewing 40 posts - 48,241 through 48,280 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.