Viewing 40 posts - 46,961 through 47,000 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • igm

Snowflakes – folk who melt away under pressure.

So by recent Brexies posts on here, not remainers who simply refuse to melt away.

Brexies on the other hand…

igm

Gammon snowflakes doesn’t really make sense does it?

Gammon slushie? Bit odd and leaves a bad taste in the mouth?

Cougar

A lot of snowflakes = a blizzard.

binners

Watching Barry Gardner on QT the Labour Party’s policy is presently looking even more ‘cake and eat it’ than the Tory’s.

Seriously ….  what is the point of the Labour Party if they can’t even oppose this ****ing madness?

Theyre an irrelevance. The sofa I’m presently on has more political instinct than the labour front bench!

****s!

fifo
    Free Member

Seriously ….  what is the point of the Labour Party if they can’t even oppose this ****ing madness?

Theyre an irrelevance. The sofa I’m presently on has more political instinct than the labour front bench!

As has been said many times, a lot of Labour’s heartlands voted for Brexit. They are probably rather concerned that if they do go full remain, Farage, Snooty et al. supported by most of the media will turn on them so viciously that they’d be reduced to having about as many seats as your sofa has.

I think in modern parlance it’s what’s termed a wicked problem.

But right now it’s a lot more the government’s than it is theirs. Whilst their “small target” approach irks me greatly, given the rabid hate most of the media have for anything to the left of Tony Blair, I have to say I can’t see much to be gained from standing up and being absolutely crucified. Let the Tories continue their implosion on their own. Triggering a Labour implosion too won’t change where we are for the better.

mooman
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Cougar
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

A lot of snowflakes = a blizzard

</div>

Good good effort at trying to masculine up the snowflake image … but reading all the remainer comments on this thread kinda makes it impossible now😂

but i I will repeat what I have already said. If you remoaners put half as much effort into looking at positives about Brexit, instead of potential negatives, then your world would seem so much brighter … I know change scares certain types of people; but embrace it – you might like it.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Please feel free to give us a comprehensive list of the positives…

nedrapier

So what are they?  Plenty of people have asked you for what you see as the benefits, but all you’ve done is snipe at people from the sidelines.

btw “potential” = actual, current.

fifo
    Free Member

but i I will repeat what I have already said.

You haven’t said anything of substance. You simply pop up, hurl abuse, then bugger off again without making a single positive or proactive statement.

What positive things will Brexit bring?

How will it facilitate things that cannot already occur?

What will the intended and unintended consequences of brexit be?

You wanted to leave. I was presuming therefore that you had a plan, or at least a vague notion, of how this would all work out in real life. Perhaps provide something approaching a comprehensive answer to any or all of the above and you might find a more receptive audience.

grahamt1980

Mooman – as with all brexies, Good soundbyte, no detail.

Come on what are the positives? Unless you count the poor hygiene American meat that the us wants to sell us

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mooman – Member

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

molgrips
    Free Member

If you remoaners put half as much effort into looking at positives about Brexit, instead of potential negatives,

I’ve put lots of effort in buy I’ve only found one possible positive, but it’s overwhelmed by negatives.

You seem to think I started off negative about Brexit and am looking to justify it. But the reason I am negative about it is because it’s an awful idea in the first place! I’ve listed them here, and the news keeps listing negatives every day.

So it’s not really fair to criticise us for being negative is it? Prove to us why we should be positive. Give us good news.

kimbers

Moomans, you’ve nicely stunned to Brexiters….

If I believed that unicorns were real my life would be much brighter.

It wouldn’t make them any less of a fantasy though

slowoldman

So May’s fluffing didn’t work too well on the orange one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This man knows the positives of Brexit

This one has an idea too

Moving the UK down the list of negotiating powers out of the EU, holding the EU back and dividing people mean they get more of what they want.

zippykona

Just who is running this country now?

kerley
    Free Member

I think the brexiters are a bit shy on putting in writing what the positives of brexit are to them but I would guess;

– Less dirty foreigners in the country

– Reduction of people rights (you know, those people we don’t like who shouldn’t have rights)

– Ability to make up are own laws (I know)

– Reduction of workers right (for any one that runs a dodgy business)

Now you wouldn’t want to admit to that as you would then put a position forward that could be debased in seconds.

molgrips
    Free Member

If I believed that unicorns were real my life would be much brighter.

It wouldn’t make them any less of a fantasy though

That kind of language isn’t going to promote debate kimbers.

For me, a positive of Brexit is that a sufficiently social-minded government could give lots of state aid to its own businesses and industries, which would benefit the works of the UK in theory.

However, I think that without strong export markets these industries are unlikely to be better off post Brexit.  Other countries in the EU will find it far easier to shop within the EU; for countries outside it we’ll be competing with the entire rest of the world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That kind of language isn’t going to promote debate kimbers.

It appears that most of the Brexiteers have no interest in debate, the lack of info/plan/facts tells us that, why not take the piss out of them?

molgrips
    Free Member

It appears that most of the Brexiteers have no interest in debate

Mooman has already said the reason he doesn’t come here is cos he feels Brexiters are bullied, that their side isn’t being heard and Remainers don’t listen.

why not take the piss out of them?

Because it’s being dickish, and see above.  I’d love to engage, hear his side, and maybe he could see my side.  But that’s never going to happen if you just pile in and insult him constantly.  On this, he has a point and he’s dead right.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mooman has already said the reason he doesn’t come here is cos he feels Brexiters are bullied, that their side isn’t being heard and Remainers don’t listen.

No he comes in here yells remainer snowflake and runs off again.

We have all asked for an outline of what he wants from Brexit to which he ignores it and comes back shouting reaminer snowflake about a week later.

Reap what you sow

slowoldman

You are right of course molgrips but it’s inevitable when the Brexiteers won’t say why they believe we are better out of the EU.

zippykona

Don’t feel bad about calling leavers names.

On a pro leave website I’ve recently been asked if I prefer raping little boys or little girls.

That is the mentality of leavers.

igm

Mooman, like most Brexies, is a snowflake of the first order.

I do find it funny that he’s now moaning that the folk he and his ilk called snowflakes are refusing to melt away. There’s a certain irony in there.

But to address his point, offer a vision for life outside the E.U. that isn’t ripped apart by the next Brexy in line and I’ll consider it – but even your “we’re all Brexies now” cabinet can’t agree on what Brexit means (I know, “Brexit”) so don’t ask me to believe that the half of those who voted and chose Leave are agreed in what they want .

There is no way I can support a totally unknown policy. Define it and I might or might not.

But I object to losing my right (and my children’s) to freedom of movement, so if you want my support include that in the deal please.  Shouldn’t be a problem as it wasn’t all about immigration apparently.

(I assume it’s a he – he does rather hide behind his keyboard, whereas my real name is on here and I respond to PMs as some on here will know)

On the plus side mooman cheers me up with something to laugh at.

igm

Molgrips –

their side isn’t being heard and Remainers don’t listen.

In order to be listened to, first you have to say something.

They need to say what they actually want, not what the don’t want (we don’t want the E.U., CU, SM, immigrants, EHCR, ECJ – fine, but what do you want? Sensible, workable things please)

molgrips
    Free Member

But you are asking him to say something and then come out with lines like this:

On the plus side mooman cheers me up with something to laugh at.

He’s hardly likely to.  I don’t call that an environment conducive to discussion.

fifo
    Free Member

In order to be listened to, first you have to say something.

Zigackly

Be a grown up, provide an alternative vision that also addresses legitimate concerns raised, and you’d be surprised just how much listening happens. Snipe from the sidelines and whinge without providing anything positive, and you’ll be treated with the contempt you deserve.

fifo
    Free Member

I don’t call that an environment conducive to discussion.

Perhaps we should all just shut up because we lost?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m hardly the one to advocate shutting up.  Just don’t be a dick.  It shouldn’t be difficult.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He’s hardly likely to.  I don’t call that an environment conducive to discussion.

Damm snowflakes

fifo
    Free Member

Just don’t be a dick.  It shouldn’t be difficult.

You should try and let us know 😉

It’s absolutely clear why brexiters haven’t found much success on this thread. It’s because they can’t provide a single cogent argument for their position, avoid questions at every turn, and then snipe and throw insults at people who do provide very articulate facts.

After a while it gets tiring.

Your sudden white-knighting, whilst laudable, isn’t exactly conducive to improving the situation. All Mooman or any other brexy needs to do is provide some evidence based reasoning for his position.

molgrips
    Free Member

Your sudden white-knighting

It’s not a new thing.  And it’s perfectly possible to argue against someone without being an arsehole.

FFS I’m as remain as they come and even I’m considering leaving the thread cos it’s getting nasty.  Well done lads.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s not a new thing.  And it’s perfectly possible to argue against someone without being an arsehole.

See the problem still is there is not anything being presented to discuss, a thousand pages or so back there Jamby at least put his fantasy suggestions down in posts which seem to have been taken as policy notes by the Disgraced Liam Fox

molgrips
    Free Member

See the problem still is there is not anything being presented to discuss

I agree. But the name calling and insulting isn’t going to help. He’s already said explicitly that he won’t put his side forward because he feels you are all being dicks about it. If you genuinely do want to hear the other side then you need to create an environment for that to happen.

Otherwise it just looks like back slapping.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He’s already said explicitly that he won’t put his side forward because he feels you are all being dicks about it.

You fell for that? Sorry all I’m seeing is some trolling

molgrips
    Free Member

You fell for that? Sorry all I’m seeing is some trolling

Benefit of doubt.  And you ARE all being dicks about it.

richmtb

Okay lets here some ideas from the Brexit side then.  Pretty please with a cherry on top.

I promise I’ll evaluate it with an open mind, but I reserved the right to point out nonsense, magical thinking and non-evidentiary  statements of truth wherever they occur.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So the white papers out, obvz the right wingers bemoan thier lack of input and now turning to matters of trade agreements when none of them have any idea what one is.

So the racists get thier “keep bad immigrants out, only let in the ones who clean my bogs, look after my kids, and make sandwiches on the A1in”

Trade deals still linked to the EU profile with extensions to accept deals outside of the EU.

MayBot breathes a sigh of relief as most will back it.

And the right wingers choke on thier freshly made sandwiches made on the A1. And open another can of Stella and piss thier pants.

What a boring pointless chuffing mess over the last two years. What it does show? it shows that there are more ignorant idiots in this country than you’d give credit for.

I will say one thing more, MayBot has been resolute in her standing. She’s had more criticism and bad mouthing thrown at her than any humble human should ever face. I do not like her decisions nor manner much, but you’ve got to respect her stoicism.

molgrips
    Free Member

Okay lets here some ideas from the Brexit side then.

Let’s discuss the idea of state intervention then. Clearly has to be banned within the EU.  But if a UK govt wanted to do it in the UK post Brexit, what would happen?  What would it be like?  Would Tories and Labour do it differently?

I do not like her decisions nor manner much, but you’ve got to respect her stoicism.

Actually, I don’t.  On something like this, with a nearly even split, she should have been creating a debate across the entire country BEFORE triggering A50.  We’d have looked a lot less stupid on the world stage, we could have all aired our grievances and found a way forward in or out of the EU or EEA or in between.  It might’ve taken years, but so what?  Instead she pulled the trigger quickly, for what looked like internal political reasons.  Massive, massive mistake that regardless of which side you’re on.  And faced with that cockup, standing by your decision as everything collapses around you isn’t stoicism any more it’s foolishness.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@molgrips one of the few redeeming features of rubbish post history page is you can see everything a poster has said on a subject for the last 4 months

Viewing 40 posts - 46,961 through 47,000 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.