Viewing 40 posts - 46,841 through 46,880 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • kelvin

Mid April 2019, Ports start to collapse unable to process traffic, food and fuel start to run low, rationing considered.

The EU already have a plan to keep food coming into the UK for at least three months… because they have carried out some actual practical planning for a no deal exit… they have taken the UK government on their word… they will seek to minimise the chaos… meanwhile… the UK gov is doing what exactly…? Oh, and the EU have cancelled the summer break for those involved in Brexit negotiations and preparation… because time is running out… meanwhile… the UK gov is doing what exactly…?

dannyh
    Free Member

Time for politicians to start to come clean, and time for the media to start asking questions.

But it won’t happen.

It was blindingly obvious by about noon on June 24th 2016 that a Brexit that appeases the loony brexiteers simply cannot happen. Or it can, but the country is ruined as a result.

Economic prosperity (well, non-implosion at least) and Hard Brexit / No Deal are incompatible.

Then you get to the wreckers, who really actively want to harm the economy so that their will can be done in a race to the bottom with the rest of the globe. These are the real bad guys and need to see some consequences of their actions.

kimbers

If May pulls off her soft Brexit, itll be fine, growth will keep kicking along the bottom, local services, police, NHS etc will just keep being slowly strangled

Tories will only survive next GE depending on whatever version of FOM they get from the EU & how they can spin it with the press, even then if brexies push back hard enough might be enough to split Tory vote & let corbyn in.

mrmo
    Free Member

The EU already have a plan to keep food coming into the UK for at least three months…

The EU can make the plans to ensure food can get on the boats, but implementation of supplies in the UK? Rationing, shops etc. that comes down to WM, and i have NO confidence in that side of the equation working.

An Gorta Mór the UK government was happy to see millions of UK citizens die because of ideology, the attitude hasn’t changed.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

If May pulls off her soft Brexit, itll be fine, growth will keep kicking along the bottom, local services, police, NHS etc will just keep being slowly strangled

It’s still going to contract quite significantly with a soft Brexit – and that will help fuel a betrayal myth pedalled by the brexiters.

It’s a zero sum game now.

zippykona

I do fear that the Remain groups are losing the referendum all over again.

I thought that with the Soros money there would be big bill boards and newspaper ads in the hate press spelling out exactly what Brexit will cost.

We have the big march but that really gets little coverage.

I do however seem to get lots of emails to go to seminars where like minded people can agree with each other and then a plea for some money.

I want to see an effort to counter the media propoganda and a real attempt to educate Joe public.

We can’t lose again.

Cougar

Late March 2019, Brexit.

Mid April 2019, Ports start to collapse unable to process traffic, food and fuel start to run low, rationing considered.

Late April, employers start major layoffs as no point paying staff to do nothing..

very late April, unpaid wages, lack of food, Rioting starts to break out, lack of police numbers and troops are deployed on streets.

June, Prime Minister Rees-Mogg introduces the Eat The Poor 2019 bill.

mrmo
    Free Member

It’s still going to contract quite significantly with a soft Brexit – and that will help fuel a betrayal myth pedalled by the brexiters.

The brexiteers are still think they are debating in the Oxford Union, that they are somehow divorced from events. I think the delusions might start to catch up with them soon, question is before or after the damage is done.

Cougar

I do fear that the Remain groups are losing the referendum all over again.

It’s crazy, isn’t it.  Before the referendum we had a couple of months to fail to get our shit together.  Now we’ve had two years to fail to get our shit together whilst spending half of the time rolling our eyes about how the government has failed to get its shit together in the last two years.

What’s that adage about doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

Cougar

And I’ve seen this movie before.  It’ll all be our fault for not getting behind them and supporting brexit.  (Whilst, y’know, shutting up and getting over it.)

raybanwomble
    Free Member

And I’ve seen this movie before. It’ll all be our fault for not getting behind them and supporting brexit. (Whilst, y’know, shutting up and getting over it.)

Jews have seen it all before as well. Remember  that “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion” was a racist satirical joke/hoax internally circulated amongst anti-Semites until someone decided that it was to be taken seriously. A 1930s 4chan Pepe the Frog meme, if you will, that went serious.

The fake news stupidity has absolutely happened before.

theotherjonv

-> IF <-

it was to go to another vote, on the basis that it isn’t the ultra-right brexit that the true leavers want, and the remainers obviously still don’t really want Brexit again,

-> AND <-

it was another binary question

surely the leavers would be called at every turn on their plan / would have to lay out exactly what type of brexit they want and the implications thereof. And how many of the 17.8M (who are still alive!) would still vote Out on that basis. Surely Leave realise that?

I’m not convinced yet that this isn’t all going to end up in BINO

tjagain

Mrmo

The damage is already happening

Cougar

Just caught five minutes of Radio 2, Ed Milliband standing in for Vine.  He was interviewing Neil Kinnock, who was talking a vast amount of sense and warning that a hard brexit would be “cataclysmic.”

Thanks Neil.  Next, we’ll hear from Bob from Buckinghamshire.  “Well, I think we all need to get behind Theresa May and give her our support…”

Give me strength.

Cougar

how many of the 17.8M

17.4M.

I’m not convinced yet that this isn’t all going to end up in BINO

IMHO that was never realistically on the table, won’t happen.  It’ll be hard brexit or a u-turn to remain.

Gods help us all.

mrmo
    Free Member

Mrmo

The damage is already happening

I know, i have received a few comments, based on having an Irish name. Agencies have gone, and bluntly aren’t coming back. Businesses have started to migrate activities, England has basically erected big signs, stating f*** off.

The damage can be fixed but it will take decades if brexit is stopped now, longer if it isn’t.

thecaptain
    Free Member

It was blindingly obvious by about noon on June 24th 2016 that a Brexit that appeases the loony brexiteers simply cannot happen.

+1. I’ve just been sitting back waiting for everyone else to catch up on this.

dazh

I think it’s becoming pretty clear that a no deal hard brexit is a very unlikely possibility. There is no majority in the commons for it, there is no majority in the tory party for it, and more than anything else, big business stands to lose billions from it. If there’s one thing I know about this damn country, it’s that the money-men always get their way irregardless of referendums, elections, or a tiny few etonian idiots fantasising about the 19th century. Brexit will still happen, but it’ll be the bare minimum that they can justify to the electorate. The people were stupid enough to vote for it in the first place, they’ll be stupid enough to swallow whatever version of it is fed to them.

PJM1974
    Free Member

According to Lord Adonis, the Tory Brexiteers are warning that the party could indeed split over this.

Forget seeing England win the World Cup, if this happens I probably won’t be sober again for some time.

*disclaimer – other political viewpoints are available.

avdave2

Neil Kinnock, who was talking a vast amount of sense and warning that a hard brexit would be “cataclysmic.”

If you and your family had taken the money out of Europe that the Kinnocks have then you would think it a disaster 🙂

binners

According to Lord Adonis, the Tory Brexiteers are warning that the party could indeed split over this.

As with pretty much everything they threaten, they won’t actually do a bloody thing. They’re absolutely brilliant at bluff and bluster and generating front page headlines for the Daily Express, but as an actual political force they’re an irrelevant antiquated joke.

Its time they were treated as such, told to STFU and put back in their box

And if they want to split the Tory party? Well… that’d be an awful shame, wouldn’t it? I can see plenty of people shedding tears over that outcome!

bigrich

to be fair, it’s going as well as can be expected.

FB-ATB

And so it starts again….

tjagain

Two tory vice chairs (of the party)  now quit.  Both cite the Ni backstop as a main issue saying May should not have agreed to it.

How deluded are they?  If May had not agreed then there would have been no agreement on transition

FB-ATB

Interesting reading the comments made about Lord Carrington (the Foreign Secretary that resigned over the Falklands) following his death. I wonder how many were veiled barbs to Johnson…

”  He never fell beneath the dignity of his office..”

“….recalled his decision to resign over the Falklands invasion, adding that ‘his only concern was to put his country before himself’ “.

Twodogs

I think it’s becoming pretty clear that a no deal hard brexit is a very unlikely possibility.

You do know hard brexit and no deal brexit are very, very different things?  May’s plan is not far off hard Brexit….soft Brexit would see us in EFTA, single market etc

cornholio98
    Free Member

I think it’s becoming pretty clear that a no deal hard brexit is a very unlikely possibility.

Well unless some people get a move on and actually start to negotiate there is nothing on the table to make a deal.

It must be agreed by Uk parliament and ready for eu negotiators to present to the respective state governments for them to debate, amend, reject or approve before October.

Summer recess is 24th July to 4th September. Not a chance this is pushed through parliament before end of July

GEDA
    Free Member

The scary thing for me is every single comment on every new website is just name calling. Remoaners this or what ever the Brexit side is called. There is absolutely no chance of any resolution or democratic process if your entire point of view is based on name calling.

Is there any discussion of the issues such as the uk’s entire industrial and service sector strategy as far as I can tell is/was to attract foreign investment so we can sell cheaply, easily to Europe.

What are these trade deals we are going to make with the rest of the world and which of the Uk’s industries are going to benefit from them and how are they going to be better than the ones we can make through the eu?

The most coherent argument is that we want a sovereign parliament without deferring to an external power. I thought all trade deals were like that? You sign up for common rules and the other countries, companies can take you to court/overrule local laws if they break the external agreement.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Maria Caulfield and Ben Bradley….

Just to say we dont give a ****

I hope you **** off to being an unpaid bitch for Jacob Rees Mogg

I doubt you have two ounces of shit for brains between  the pair of you.

Sorry STW but they are a pair of self serving ****s

theotherjonv

Ben Bradley the night before the Chequers ‘agreement’ meeting

Whilst everyone gets very excited about Chequers tomorrow, truth is PM has been consistent with her wishlist from day one – control of money, borders and laws. We should support her, get behind her and deliver precisely those things!

What a ****, and what an idiot – does he think these things just disappear once they go below the bottom of the page?

dannyh
    Free Member

What a ****

Correct.

and what an idiot

More doubtful. He acts like an idiot, but in reality I reckon he just doesn’t give a shit, the cynical bastard.

whattiler
    Free Member

Barnier now saying 80% of Brexit deal is now agreed.

David Davis is only out of the job for a day and that much progress is made.

piemonster

Barnier’s comments look politically timed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Barnier’s comments look politically timed.

Of course they are,

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

the last 20% is full freedom of movement 😂 – and we’ll be where project fear becomes project truth

molgrips
    Free Member

Hm.  May comes up with a compromise, then enforces it in the cabinet leading to the arch-brexiteers quitting.  Then, once they are gone she hopes the EU will reject it leading to a soft a Brexit as possible…

Possible, but not sure that’s what she’s planning.

martinhutch

England have also won 80% of the World Cup.

piemonster

And we’ll be done over in the final by the continentals in both competitions 😀

cornholio98
    Free Member

80% of the deal is agreed. They just need to iron out the last few kinks between the 27 and then tell us what deal we are getting…

mrmo
    Free Member

And the story keeps on unraveling….

Viewing 40 posts - 46,841 through 46,880 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.