Viewing 40 posts - 44,041 through 44,080 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

if you were half as smart , or funny, as you think you are this could be entertaining

Its just tragic.

zokes
    Free Member

I denounced others doing something different and drawing causal links.

Whilst that might appear to be the black letter law interpretation, we both know the intent – as does anyone else who regularly suffers your apparent air of self-superiority.

Perhaps you could have made yourself a bit clearer by saying something along the lines of:

“Well, the report doesn’t actually imply causation. It is possible that Brexit is having an influence, but it’s also possible that this data fits with an underlying trend *insert link to trend supporting your hypothesis here*”

Perhaps if you’d posted that rather than being a knob about it you’d a) have made a much clearer point, and b) avoided that last page of shite.

You do bring an interesting counterpoint to the discussion, but unfortunately the way in which you prosecute that case stinks, and unsurprisingly stops most others from engaging with you constructively. Now instead of going “I know you are, you say you are, but what am I?”, perhaps reflect a little and this might be a better discussion.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tres amusant zokes

Thanks for your very kind advice – I will park it with TJs. Perhaps you might consider too the point about intent. Instead of inventing intent so that you can argue against something that someone else hasn’t said, you might consider reading what is actually said instead. Just a thought?

For example. I began by welcoming the fact that net migration into the U.K. remained strong despite all the scare stories and ill-edukated comments about what is happening here. When others subsequently tried to exaggerate the impact of Brexshit I merely referred to the data and even quoted exactly what the ONS said recognising that Brexshit was one of many factors affecting the observed trends. Much clearer than putting a spin on it as you seem to be recommending.

I did avoid the mistake that you, even as an expert, made regarding confusing causation and correlation using clear words such a “plots neatly.” For some reason, you let you typing get ahead of your thinking and chose to ignore that inconvenient fact. Twice!! Less polite people may consider that to be “being a knob” but I wouldn’t go that far.

Nothing makes a thread stink more that constant flow of lies and misrepresentation of facts – largely in a weak attempt to bully those who have a different opinion away (the small band of leavers here) A very smelly form of prosecution.

Meanwhile EU people continue to come to the UK in large numbers, net migration remains positive, the economy is performing better than expected and we are making progress towards securing a new trade agreement with our friends in Europe. So much better than the doomsday narrative. No wonder so many people keep coming here. Won’t please the rabids mind, but hey ho

welcome to the UK

kelvin

Whenever a discussion between people of differing opinions manages to start up in this thread, one troll derails it, and acts in a condescending manner towards all. Yes, he’s polite, but you might say he is nearly always “being a knob”, but you wouldn’t, would you. Shame, because he does have the occasional interesting thing to say, but the time wasting to actual content ratio is now way off the chart.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We used to have some leavers here – but they got bullied away

think about that first – discussion was surpressed. Now it’s remainers who accept the result who are targeted. Look at the bully’s comments towards mefty (when he can be bothered) for example

but don’t be so hard on yourself either

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The deafening silences when asked to come up with a plan or something no so full of holes it wouldn’t hold cheese or water.

Then there was the laughing at the fantasy ideas and calling out the objections to people not of British decent, oh how we laughed at the precious snowflakes 😉

Perhaps the leavers are all just leaving hence the stats.

mefty
    Free Member

Bollocks – how do you post an image – really not bovvered now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#FiguresOfFun

kelvin

Mefty (and Jamba) both offered clarifications about how they would like to see Brexit pan out from here. Interesting contributions from both. IIRC you were as dismissive and condescending towards them as you are to those you call “undemocratic”, @teamhurtmore. Mefty and myself were getting close to a some agreement on something, but it was hard too when every third post was some nonsense from you.

kelvin

That wasn’t you finest contribution Mefty! The editor is maddening to use now, isn’t it.

Edukator
    Free Member

“Nothing makes a thread stink more that constant flow of lies and misrepresentation of facts”

Well stop it then

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Are you taking to yourself Ed? Hard to tell. But excellent advice.

matt_outandabout

Can you two get a room?

salad_dodger

I know you are but what am I? FFS THM, grow up or bugger off. You’re obviously a bright chap so why you choose to spend all your forum time trying to be condescending is very strange. Surely you have a bit more to offer?

mefty
    Free Member

That wasn’t you finest contribution Mefty! The editor is maddening to use now, isn’t it.

Yes

Not really very interested in discussing the relative merits of peoples’ post styles – incredibly dull and repetitive – not difficult to ignore those that you feel have little to add, I personally think that THM is more sinned against, but no doubt your view is different.

kelvin

not difficult to ignore those that you feel have little to add

Good skills.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he’s polite

he is not even close

think about that first – discussion was surpressed.

That is BS Jamby Flounced – the facts beat him to death – even you did it over Turkey, EZ debt risk and numerous other areas chewkw is incoherent

Still the obvious reason he is doing this is  he think some people picked on jamby so he is determined to ” pay it back”- he took a ban for him so he is a loyal , if somewhat misguided, friend

I personally think that THM is more sinned against

there is not much in it but you cannot possibly think his style of delivery is helping- I though you did not want to discuss styles. These days most seem to stick to just using facts against him. He seems to take that very well eh mefty

mefty
    Free Member

I must have missed you doing that, in recent pages you seem to exclusively be commenting on peoples’s posting styles and intent.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We’ve gone through the looking glass a while back on this thread – all that’s left is taking the piss or the quitlings defending one another and blowing smoke up one anothers’ arses.. Facts matter not a jot anymore.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I must have missed you doing that

Is this the bit where i explain the difference between most and I ?

you must have missed the offer of an olive branch as well if we all just go back to debating. Do you think THM has ?

ninfan
    Free Member

Brexit – STW response

THM trying to explain Brexit to STW:

STW leavers watching this thread:

thecaptain
    Free Member

they are fools

Gosh did someone call a brexie stupid? How very dare they.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mefty, not only is it not difficult to ignore those who have nothing of value to add, it’s actually remarkably easy.

Plus you get years of fun watching the variety of techniques used to try and elicit a reaction: moderate goading; outright abuse; occasional flattery and very, very occasionally humour. Latest stunts include using religious abuse – always a safe bet on here as happily condoned by the powers that be. All rather entertaining really as a sideshow.

Meanwhile we move steadily on towards ending our membership of the EU. Interesting times ahead.

Junkyard
    Free Member

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Thanks for reading and not replying. I</span>ts a horrible punishment that I alone have to bear.  I suspect many wish they could join me [ I dont get the personal grief you do so  try looking closer to home] but this burden is mine alone to carry.

As for the religious i pointed out the bible says turn the other cheek and do unto other as you would have done unto you. It’s true you are not doing this and shooting the messenger wont change this. the only defence is to lie and thankfully that is beneath you.

your paranoid fantasy of  religion being picked on has been addressed  by everyone from mark down and certainly the mods have explained it to you.Try reading a vegan thread to see the special protection we get. No one gets what you want, we all get criticised- i think it the price of being in a democracy.

Save us you saying QED this time eh

I am till happy to just have an actual debate on the issue if anyone fancies it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the quitlings defending one another and blowing smoke up one anothers’ arses

tjagain

more brexit bullshit from the tories.,

The awayday  seems from media reports to be a form  of “have your cake and eat it and is obviously to anyone wiuth half a brain not acceptable to the EU.  The tories are in such a mess over this – hopeless, hapless and deluded.  Nearly as much as those who still are pretendi9ng that everything is going well.

~So despite the wafflings of the tories on here the disaster is still getting worse and worse by the day.  This government are so split and so deluded that they simply cannot do any sort of deal.  They will not even be able to get bill passed in the commons it looks like.

Tusk told reporters: “I am glad the UK government seems to be moving towards a more detailed position. However if the media reports are correct I am afraid the UK position today is based on pure illusion. It looks like the cake [and eat it] philosophy is still alive.

“From the very start it has been a set principle of the EU27 that there cannot be any cherrypicking of single market à la carte. This will continue to be a key principle, I have no doubt.”

“It is not possible for UK to be aligned to EU when it suits and not when it doesn’t,” Varadkar said.

“The UK position needs to be backed up with real detail that can be written into a legal treaty with the EU. We are well beyond the point of aspirations and principle. We need detail.”

tjagain

Oh look – the adults are talking and they are all saying one thing – Mays approach is simply not acceptable

Tusk revealed he would be meeting with May at Downing Street ahead of her speech, but insisted that the EU would set out its stall on the future in March whether the UK had a viable proposal or not.

“Our intention is to adopt these guidelines whether the UK is ready of its vision of our future or not. Naturally it would be much better if it were, but we cannot stand by and wait,” Tusk said.

Charles Grant, director of the Centre for European Reform thinktank, said the approach agreed at Chequers seemed to be the so-called baskets model, where the UK would align with the EU in some areas, have some alignment in others, and none elsewhere.

“I think there’s no chance of the EU agreeing to the proposal,” he said. “The EU’s obsessed with the level playing field. It doesn’t trust any enforcement mechanism proposed by the British to police it adequately.”

The Dutch prime minister, Mark Rutte, who met May in London earlier in the week to deliver an uncompromising call for a clear and realisable vision from the UK government, said: “As good friends [of the Brits], we can bring the difficult messages like I did at Downing Street, asking Theresa May to be as clear as possible on what she wants to achieve on the second phase of negotiations.”

Rutte said the EU wanted to stay “as closely associated with the UK as possible” but the British would have to abide by European rules for a close relationship. “For example membership of the internal market, that means certain obligations. Membership of the customs union, that means certain obligations.”

Twodogs

Mefty, not only is it not difficult to ignore those who have nothing of value to add, it’s actually remarkably easy.

It’s also easy to ignore those who post facts that don’t suit your ill-informed narrative

tjagain

Lots of lovely quotes from real adults doing real negotiating that show just how far from the truth the leavers and tory apologists are and how far from any sort of deal the tories are.  Finally after almost 2 years they look like they have finally got a position – and its one that is completely unaceptable to the EU as is completely obvious

zokes
    Free Member

THM: you just don’t get it do you?

If you didn’t use your condescending tone, you’d get your point across much more clearly, and you’d avoid most of the arguments that surround your posts. There would be a much higher quality of debate, and most of the negative aspects you yourself bemoan would cease to happen.

I can only assume therefore that you prefer to argue ineffectually than debate constructively. That’s defined quite clearly as trolling in Mark’s “our forum” post. I will be treating further argumentative posts from you as deliberate trolling, I suggest others do so too.

tjagain

Yup – I suggest reporting them as well.

the problem is Zokes he has no argument to make.  Everything he has claimed has been shot down in flames well supported with quotes from those involved and with facts and documents – whilst he can provide nothing to back his position

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thank you for the valuable update zokes. Safely in the appropriate drawer

thecaptain
    Free Member

The entire Tory strategy on brexit has been to invent ambiguous phrases that enable all of their various factions to claim victory while kicking the can a little further down the road.

Utterly vacuous on any content.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed TJ

The economy has collapsed

There are no bankers left in London and no trading activity either

Ditto nurses in the NHS. Remember them?

And the latest noise has nothing to do with getting down to the nitty gritty (at last)

no EU citizens coming to UK any more

”City of dreams…..la,la”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

But given the budget dilemma, no wonder Tusk and Co are as narky as their UK-based allies.

Go on guys push us into a hard Brexshit and watch the €€€€ bill go up by the day

Edukator
    Free Member

No-one is pushing, Britain is jumping. ARGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- SPLAT !

chestrockwell

The level of debate on this thread has reached a point where even Jamba might make sense. It’s a shame that petty rivalry’s have got in the way of decent discussion.

Oh and I agree with zokes when he says thm might get a longer leash if he didn’t come across as such an utter prick.

kelvin

Troll lists a load of claims that absolutely no one has made… waste of space. I waste more space drawing attention to such a basic troll tactic… others waste more space commenting on how such tactics should just be ignored… troll kills thread with help of all involved… all so tedious. Including my waste of space contributions. Troll wins.

Viewing 40 posts - 44,041 through 44,080 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.