Viewing 40 posts - 43,881 through 43,920 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • zokes
    Free Member

“If you believe that the UK is on the wrong path then consider supporting political bodies and pressure groups supporting your world view rather than just arguing on the web.”

It is possible to do both of these things.

igm

I’ve been in the air for 9 hours.

It seems the only thing that’s changed is there is a definitive list of swivel eyed loons – just over 60 I think.

When I left the government were threatening to u-turn in the settling of the bill as well as some loons suggesting they didn’t like the GFA anyway – is that still the same?

aracer
    Free Member

Did they specify exactly how many unicorns they want in their letter?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But no wonder they are so noisy – they are losing the debate here

Of course they are losing the debate at the moment but bit shows that the brexit delivered will satisfy very few people. Also these 60 could decide to start a little tory bloodshed if they wanted as I’m sure some of their backers and supporters will be getting very frustrarted.

Why they don’t just shut up and respect the will of the people is a mystery

thecaptain
    Free Member

The debate that matters isn’t the one taking place here. Not so clear who is winning the debate in the HoC.

binners

Its all sabre-rattling. They won’t do a bloody thing to bring May down. If they had the balls they’d have done it by now. She should grow a pair and call their bluff. She won’t, of course. She’s too weak, timid and feeble

There was an interesting take on this in yesterdays Guardian – Pity the 52%. Led by cowards and charlatans

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/20/brexit-52-ukip-leavers

Its difficult to argue with this statement:

A large faction of Tory MPs take a Faragist view of that method. They see compromise with the EU as treason. They have the numbers to oust May, yet they don’t. Why not? If the nation’s destiny is at stake and the prime minister is failing, surely Jacob Rees-Mogg and friends feel a moral duty to replace her.

She’s weak, timid and feeble, but she’s braver than them!! They’ll issue dictats and throw insults from the sidelines but they’ve no interest of taking ownership and responsibility, and therefore direct blame for any of it

theotherjonv

Too ashamed to lead their own project

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Seems clear who is winning at the moment. The timid one with balls is surprising everyone

PJM1974
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been writing to Damian Green (my MP) for some time now requesting a definitive list of the MPs in the European Research Group and I guess we now know who they are. No real surprises to be seen.

I’ve read through a great deal of reports and papers written by politicians for Brexit, but there’s virtually nothing there about how to arrest stagnation of salaries, affordability of homes, how to create sustainable employment and how limiting immigration will benefit our economy. I’m more concerned about what’s unsaid – i.e. that regulatory alignment with the EU will require investment in agencies that will need to be duplicated from those across the channel and the obvious temptation to race to the bottom with deregulation. What does “deregulation” actually mean and what’s the net result for everyone?

Interestingly, Corbyn has at long last committed to some kind of Customs Union, but surely he must understand that we cannot simply have a bespoke arrangement put in place without concession on our part.

Interesting times.

As an aside – I’m genuinely interested in the thoughts of those on here who do support a clean break with the EU and what they think Britain will look like ten years hence. I assume that Jamba and Ninfan are in favour of a hard Brexit clean break arrangement and would be keen to read their feedback.

matt_outandabout

Is it me, or is no real concrete, agreed progress on Brexit actually being made?

Listening to all the politicians and reporters the last few days we seem to have not agreed anything, other than not agreed to agree and carry on agreeing to try and find agreement, on the timescale for when agreement is needed….

mattyfez

Is it me, or is no real concrete, agreed progress on Brexit actually being made?

We’ve just asked for an extension, hahahaha!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-transition-period-implementation-period-eu-david-davis-a8220976.html

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s you

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Everyone should vote for Corbyn. He is going to deliver a jobs first Brexshit AND combine being in a CU with ability to negotiate separate trade deals with RoW. No one comes close to Jezza

kilo

Diversion tactics away from Tory infighting, THM?

kimbers

its the EU california, we can check out, but we can never leave

its only been 40 years of whining & 20 months since the vote, Brexies still dont have a plan

To think May & co can make a brexit that maintaines the ‘red lines’ & satisfy business, teh Leavers & the rest of the electorate, even after 2 years of vassal state transition is pretty ambitous

especially as Johnson, Mogg & the other swivel-eyed undermine her at every opportunity

deviant
    Free Member

Barnier and his gang of idiots should probably visit the war graves in France, say a thankyou for all the British and Commonwealth soldiers that gave their lives to free his country from the grips of fascism and then consider the 140 billion we had to borrow from the US to fight another European war….adjusted for today’s money and with a quick history lesson he should then wind his neck in and reconsider the EU negotiating position and what the divorce bill should be.

Ungrateful prick.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

While your digging through history, a large number of Native Americans and Aboriginal Australians would like a word.

The people of the Indian Subcontinent and SE Asia would like their back pay along with all the slaves from Africa that helped build the British Empire for free.

kimbers

deviant have you been on the sauce with Juncker  & Davis at lunch time by any chance?

youll never keep up!

Klunk
    Free Member

Barnier and his gang of idiots should probably visit the war graves in France, say a thankyou for all the British and Commonwealth soldiers that gave their lives to free his country from the grips of fascism and then consider the 140 billion we had to borrow from the US to fight another European war….adjusted for today’s money and with a quick history lesson he should then wind his neck in and reconsider the EU negotiating position and what the divorce bill should be.

nicely forget the russian efforts in defeating Nazi Germany, 80% of all german armour was on the eastern front, but hey ho right wing revisionist history

Leku
    Free Member

I must not feed the swivel eyed loon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ungrateful prick.

You can’t even be bothered to make your own shit up – I assume you forgot to add that you’ve copied and pasted that from elsewhere.

EDIT: Apart from:

Ungrateful prick.

Which AFAIR, the newspaper didn’t print.

binners

You can’t beat some good old-fashioned jingoistic flag-waving

You forgot to mention 1966 and the World Cup though, so you lose Farage points. Cheers anyway though….

Image result for nigel farage pint

oldbloke
    Free Member

Aye. Better not to think about us spending the money & lives to stop Operation Sealion. Perhaps we better thank those pesky Europeans for letting us mess up their countries to defeat Germany rather than face a land war on British soil.

molgrips
    Free Member

Except that people who were in the war tend to be remainers. So people like deviant are appropriating other people’s sacrifices for their own political purposes. Talk about stooping low. Have you no **** shame?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey – i though deviant was being sarcastic?!?

am I wrong?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I think that the revisionist approach to history that we fought WW2 alone and won everybody’s freedom from Fascism and therefore the continent owes us a blood debt isn’t terribly helpful and only serves to illustrate a sense of entitlement that from a third party point of view must be horribly offensive.

So far as I can see, the main loser in any hard Brexit scenario is us – specifically those of us who live in locations that rely upon a cross border supply chain (aerospace, automotive, manufacturing) or who rely on the trading rules of the bloc to standardise and supplement incomes that would otherwise be unviable (employment rights, farming).

In any case, none of the Brexit scenarios on the table (including Remain) specifically address legitimate grievances about affordable housing, wage stagnation, wealth inequality, austerity, quality jobs with long term prospects, erosion of state benefits (pension, working tax credits etc.) that motivated many people to vote Leave in the first instance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its the EU california, we can check out, but we can never leave

Beautifully put

am I wrong?

Do your own research its all there, more patronising twaddle, weak insinuation you have been drinking, lament about how everyone has a go at me etc

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Oooh this is good….

May and Hammond have very little power (but just enough)

Rees Mogg and the swivel eyed have less power and no bollocks (let’s send a stern letter) Maggie would be disgusted by the bunch of wet blankets.

The perfect storm of indecision…

Boris has a sweat on that he might end up with a proper job…

Gove is pissing up the legs of the Farming communities whilst plotting their demise.

Fox looks confused…

Jezza needs to shut the **** up and let someone with a brain take charge.

I genuinely have not laughed out loud at politicians since spitting image was on the Telly.

I don’t give a shit what happens anymore but the entertainment/Machiavellian output is fantastic.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Off to the Daily Mail blog to wind up nutters….

mattyfez

Tomorrows headlines: Please can we have an extension? Larry the cat from No. 10 ate our homework, it’s so unfair!

igm

Given deviant’s previous THM I think he’s serious.

Misguided but serious.

If he actually cared about British or Commonwealth war dead he’d be supporting the EU. But I don’t think he’s worked that out yet.  Hey ho.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Beats the curling for entertainment value though.

(I don’t mean deviant – I mean the whole political “bit of a mess”)

binners

At various points, right from her decision to appoint those 3 half-wits to the positions in charge of managing the whole debacle, i’ve Had the recurring thought…

is May, as a remainer, actually playing an absolute blinder here, like some Machivellian genius just pretending to be clueless?

the quiet request of what could be an endless ‘transition period’ would point again to this?

or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf and she really is as clueless as she seems?

It does seem increasingly that these supposed self-titled ‘hardline Brexiteers’ are just all piss and wind, and there’s not one of them prepared to put their money where their more than ample mouth is

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks IGM – there are only a few names that I recognise – or simply ignore in the case of the chief troll – so when I first read it, I assumed it was a piss take!!

how is Canada ?

kimbers

So is this what taking back control looks like?

Agreed to EUs negotiation schedule- no parallel trade talks (row of the summer never materialised)

Agreed to pay EU divorce bill (that Davis didn’t recognise a week b4)

Agreed to EU demands in citizens rights & no hard border in NI- Stays in CU if no deal

Now agreed to follow EU rules in transition, same rights for EU new arrivals & continued FOM, no trade deals allowed, no veto on new laws…..

Wonder what’s coming next in round 2 of the talks?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bit really rich to expect anything else in transition period.

You may have missed what happened in phase 1 though kimbers. The KY has still to be unwrapped.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Odd that we now have a remoaner red bus with lies on it. What happened to rising above the Brexshiteers BS or is the new bus merely indicative that the BS baton had been full passed on?

mefty
    Free Member

I imagine Deviant’s quote relates to when Barnier made some injudicious remarks about security, although that was a few months ago now unless I have missed a more recent example. It may have been then that I pointed out French hypocrisy.

Except that people who were in the war tend to be remainers.

I don’t think this is the case.

If he actually cared about British or Commonwealth war dead he’d be supporting the EU.

I don’t think this follows either.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Borrowing down

Productivity up

We should do this doomsday stuff more often …..

Viewing 40 posts - 43,881 through 43,920 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.