Viewing 40 posts - 43,721 through 43,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No rationsl analysis allows the role of a back bencher on the fringe of what is happening to be put into perspective

you seem very volatile today. Have you been on the pop?

kelvin

Volatile? Or friendly to others, but full of contempt for one time wasting troll? Keep having your fun.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I will thank you. For a while you were able to have a sensible discussion. Perhaps it was the vision of JR-M that pushed you over the edge?

he really is not worth worrying about

plenty of water is always good advice IIRC

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you took the scorn out your posts there would just be blank pages

To think he wont reply to me* because he claims I am a troll and he thinks others have comprehension issues

Bless

* strangest punishment ever but thanks

thecaptain
    Free Member

THM might not have heard that JRM is chair of the ERG.

kelvin

He will simultaneously not know of the group at all, and know who all the members are, and claim that we should also know, because everyone does, but he won’t tell us who they are.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not the ERG!!!!

kelvin

But are they grown ups?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ask Jacobs nanny?

in the meantime everyone PANIC

cchris2lou

is the weather really that bad in the uk ?

nothing better to do ?

kilo

“Customs borders with NI without infrastructure other than ANPR etc, high thresholds and pre-clearance for trusted traders”

You’re having a laugh with that, HMRC hasn’t been able to govern trusted traders, non-trusted traders for years and has neen rinsed on excise and mtic / carousel fraud for years also there’s no infrastructure in place

igm

Kilo – it sounds like a government IT project is needed. So that’ll go well then.

And cchris, the weather is not warm and dry enough nor cold and snowy enough. That answer the question.

Still, I managed 40 miles on the bike today, interview with the Telegraph (not on Brexit), plus a bit of work. So not all bad.

Edukator
    Free Member

….interview with the Telegraph….

Scrub yourself hard but try to stop short of bleeding. I suggest Betadine on the most contaminated areas.

zokes
    Free Member

1 Tariff free trade with Europe

2. Access to single market for services

3. Seamless and frictionless borders

4. Voluntary participation in EU programmes

So…. membership of the EU in all but name then?

1. Would at least require acceptance of EU standards in the production of what we trade

2. Would require a dispute resolution system that by weight of power in these negotiations is almost certainly going to be the ECJ or nothing

3. Sounds a lot like FoM

4. Sounds like something we’d have to pay quite a lot for

Perhaps the best leave option would be to just tell everyone that we’ve left, but then not actually do so. We can have blue passports anyway.

mefty
    Free Member

Gove is only in there because you know who in the world of the media said he had to be… the same person that told him to sink Boris. So, when you say Gove is the key, you don’t mean he makes his own decisions on this… do you…

You are getting carried away with Murdoch conspiracy theories, whilst he no doubt rates him, and is quite likely to have encouraged him to go for the leadership, you overstate his influence. Gove is his own man, he also happens to be an incredibly effective minister and of the main Brexit players, he is the one with the most intellectual heft. That is why he is the keyman, if he agrees, Boris won’t risk disagreeing with him.

JRM and the ERG aren’t going to risk losing the war, just to win one battle.

zokes
    Free Member

“and of the main Brexit players, he is the one with the most intellectual heft.”

Oh come on, that’s like trying to describe the best Celine Dion song as a great composition. It might be her best song, but it’ll still be absolute tripe.

thecaptain
    Free Member

The tragedy is that mefty is right (in that detail)

Edukator
    Free Member

You do realise that Goldman (the most popular man in France for many years) wrote Celine Dion’s greatest compositions, Zokes. Say whatever you want about her singing but the songs are objectively great compositions.

zokes
    Free Member

That’s me told then 😂

Substitute Celine for the spice girls 😝

kimbers

Anyone else hear irony meters popping upon seeing this headline about May’s speech tomorrow?

Theresa May will warn EU leaders that public safety will suffer if they allow “political doctrine and ideology” to hamper post-Brexit security arrangements.

Goves not the worry, it’s the Lady Macbeth that pulls his strings, you wanna watch.<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Tbf  looking at  other prominent Brexiters: Johnson, Redwood, Johnson, Dorries, Leadsome, perpetually befuddled Davis, Fox…. Gove can probably tie his own shoes so he has the edge there!*</span>

*JRM might be able to do it too, but he likes to stay in character, so gets someone from below stairs to do it

kelvin

Oh, good… Gove is the key person when it comes to what happens in NI as we Leave the EU is he… well, that’s… just… great…

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/michael-gove-a-fanatic-who-would-damage-peace-process-1.2710224

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Gove is an out and out liar and opportunist who deserves no senior role in government. If his constituents want him to represent them, so be it. But the rest of us deserve better. Should be left on the backbenches

zokes
    Free Member

🤯

igm

THM speaks the truth on Gove

perditus
    Free Member

“Key line from PM on ECJ jurisdiction re Europol and European Arrest Warrant: “The Treaty ..must be respectful of sovereignty of both UK and EU’s legal orders. So, for example, when participating in EU agencies the UK will respect the remit of the European Court of Justice”.

Brexiteers such as THM and Jambalaya will be foaming at the mouth.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You sound surprised IGM

unlike Perdy who thinks I am Brexshiteer 😳

zokes
    Free Member

No, we all know you’re a troll.

You are however spot on re: Gove, hence my mind blown emoticon

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fortunately I don’t give a monkey’s left testicle what you think or post zokes. I do enjoy reading your posts occasionally though in an ironical sense.  Few could match them.

Klunk
    Free Member
    kelvin

A fun diagram…

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2018/02/refuse-compromise-over-brexit-then-you-ll-just-prove-those-pessimistic

No ECJ, or similar, considerations on there… and that’s not an irrelevant “axis” to miss off. So only a fun diagram, not a hugely useful representation of all the compromises to be considered. May’s latest speech could be interpreted as being flexible and practical as regards this… but without meat on the skeleton… it could just be another bone to throw to her party as she backs into another corner.

Anyway… about time the FoM redline is addressed… that’s where compromise would be most useful to getting a good deal… with the side effect of making this a better, stronger, richer country, and keep more opportunities open to our kids. And, no, FoM isn’t for EU member countries only (see fun diagram), and, no, it wasn’t the referendum question, whatever Farage&May say…

igm

THM – not surprised, I don’t think I’ve accused you of lying – adopting positions I don’t agree with perhaps, but not lying. Not even thought it really.

I was just being clear in my support of your statement.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t give a monkey’s left testicle what you think or post zokes

The lady doth protest too much

ninfan
    Free Member

about time the FoM redline is addressed…

Just to be clear, freedom of movement of what?  People or workers?

This is one of the issues with ECJ, given their creeping interpretation of the caselaw on this issue over time.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I know IGM I was joshing

igm

Fair enough. Bad day.

On the other hand the Telegraph quoted me today.  Not sure it’s the quote I’d have used but que sera.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry to hear.

Any clues on the article? Is that why it was a bad day.

Klunk
    Free Member
    igm

No THM, family stuff made it a bad day. Nothing untoward, just life.

The article was about edf profits, with a couple of quotes from me about energy efficiency.  Not quite where I’d have put the emphasis, but they are valid quotes. They’re just a bit snapshoty, of the moment, rather than getting a sense of the present within the past and future.

Still cultivate the odd journalist and maybe someday you’ll get them to tell the story you want heard.  It the meantime it’s all publicity.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry to hear

I was scanning Torygraph to find the article and had s quick look at EDF one but didn’t guess !!

i avoid media as much as poss after the Beeb once tried to stitch me up on a radio interview

hope things get better

igm

They won’t – we’re into the long end game. But thanks anyway – appreciated.

Viewing 40 posts - 43,721 through 43,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.