Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • E*Thirteen TRS Plus Cassette
  • leftyboy
    Free Member

I’m looking at the 11 speed E*Thirteen TRS Plus Cassette, has anyone got/used one?

I think they are so new the answer is likely to be no, it’s a lot to shell out to get more spread on the cassette without knowing how well it’ll cope in the UK.

honourablegeorge

It’s 10% extra range, so not insignificant, but I’d say the disadvantages of half your cassette being made of aluminium far outweigh that advantage. Plus it manages to be expensive in a world where XX1 cassettes exist.

RickDraper
    Free Member

One other thing, its E13 so will fall to pieces in no time.

leftyboy
    Free Member

@Rick OK I’m not used an E13 components before so are they a bit fragile?

@honourablegeorge yes 10% extra range for quite a bit of cash – I’m mostly struggling with the fact that 32/10 is quite low for a high gear, I could go to a 34T but then I compromise the low gear too much. Not sure if it’s worth the cost as is quite high to take a punt on.

Thanks for the replies.

mboy
    Free Member

It’s 10% extra range, so not insignificant,

The 9-44 E13 cassette gives a 489% range, where a SRAM 10-42 gives 420% range… Don’t know where you learnt maths but I make that an extra 69% range myself!

but I’d say the disadvantages of half your cassette being made of aluminium far outweigh that advantage.

It remains to be seen, but the individual parts of the cassette are available seperately, so if you wear out the ally cogs quickly, you can replace just the ally cogs for a lot less than the price of a new cassette.

Plus it manages to be expensive in a world where XX1 cassettes exist.

I’ll grant you it’s not cheap, but it’s priced inline with the XG1180 X1 cassette rather than the more expensive XG1195 X01 or XG1199 XX1 cassettes.

Anyway, benefits of being in the trade and all that, about to buy one myself so will be able to give some feedback on it in the near future. Been getting very good wear out of both XG1195 and XG1180 cassettes that I have been using over the past year or so so far, so will be interesting to see how it compares.

goodgrief
    Free Member

If you have the legs to spin out 32/10 then surely 32/42 is a complete waste of time and you could easily use a 34t or 36t chainring.

pipiom
    Free Member

I’m probably missing something but: if you wear out,say,the bigger cogs,and replace them,individually; will you not have the, new cassette,old chain dilemma (ie it don’t work);and if you then replace the chainring/chain to solve this issue, will you not then have the: new chain/chainring/top half of cassette, old,bottom half of cassette,issue.

Phew, need a lie down now. I’m on the verge of going for this option, but my old,synical,grey matter keeps nibbling away at click finger urge.

pipiom
    Free Member

Bump, if I may. Just want to clear this last but up, before I sit and ponder some more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘E*Thirteen TRS Plus Cassette’ is closed to new replies.