e*thirteen TRS+ Dual Chain Guide

Home Forum Bike Forum e*thirteen TRS+ Dual Chain Guide

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • e*thirteen TRS+ Dual Chain Guide
  • danielgroves

http://www.e13components.com/product_trsd_dmb.html

I’m thinking about getting a BB mounted one for my Meta5. Anyone use one of these? How do you find it?

I currently have a superstar chain guide, which doesn’t work to well; it drops chains all the time. It’s an improvement over now having one, but not by a huge amount.

If anyone has one for sale as well, I may well be interested. Otherwise, the cheapest I could find one was £70 on Decent Gear. Anyone seen one any cheaper?

danielgroves

Bump, with the hope that someone can help today.

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

Only had mine a week. Wasn’t cheap on CRC. I had a Blackspire Stinger on there before.
    Did lose the chain on the first ride, but that was deraileur adjustment. It’s very well.

danielgroves

Thanks kiwijohn. Anyone else got one and care to feedback?

racingsnail

The e13 from descent gear is a TRS not a TRS+ they have a different back plate and the TRS is heavier.

I’ve just fitted a TRS+ to my bike, (had some problems but that was the frame and not the guide) not used it yet, but I’ve used a few E13 chain devices so no worries about using one again, they are expensive though.

How are you dropping your chain is it your current guides fault or is it bouncing off at the top (I presume a 2X crank) the chain will always bounce off on the real rough stuff without a full on chainguide

danielgroves

The e13 from descent gear is a TRS not a TRS+ they have a different back plate and the TRS is heavier.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn’t notice 🙂

How are you dropping your chain is it your current guides fault or is it bouncing off at the top (I presume a 2X crank) the chain will always bounce off on the real rough stuff without a full on chainguide

From what I can tell, it seems to be jumping off from the bottom, although I may be wrong. I shall look more into it when i get time one evening. Other people I know at Uni have had the exact same issue with the Superstar one though, so I’m reasonably confident that the chain device is the issue.

My current one is one of these: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=336

They don’t seem to be that well made, the roller seems (to me) to be too wide, which results in the chain walking sideways on it, and so it can easily pop off, after that it’s only a matter of time before it comes off at the top.

xiphon

BB mounted Blackspire + 36T RaceFace bash over here.

Dead simple and a very reliable combination.

Very old photo (different bike now), but the same guide and bash.

22/36/bash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘e*thirteen TRS+ Dual Chain Guide’ is closed to new replies.