Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Ethical dilemma
  • drain

A mate got his new On One fat bike delivered to my house for safekeeping while he’s away on hols back home to South Africa. It arrived today 😀

In the interests of ensuring it’s all properly tested etc and safe for his use I reckon it needs a quick run round my locality. Purely selfless and altruistic on my part. What d’you reckon?! 😉

druidh
    Free Member

What a real friend you are. He must be sooo pleased.

cynic-al
    Free Member

He owes you for storage.

fatboyjon

He’s testing you. If you don’t ride the bike he’ll ask you to look after his missus next time he goes away so if his taste in bikes in like his taste in women, ride it quick or you’ll wind up under a fat lass. S’all true I tells ya.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

No.

Not cool.

Don’t do it.

drain

Choices are bad….

😕

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve heard those fat bikes can be terrible, always falling apart and injuring the rider in the process. As a true friend you owe it to him to take the dangerous step of riding it first, could you live with yourself if you didn’t and he ended up dead?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yes.

Very cool.

Do it now.

drlex
    Free Member

Ride it, then put it up on blocks & crank the pedals backwards to take the miles off.

/CameronThinking

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbR7axof1wk[/video]

stavromuller
    Free Member

You owe it to him , as a friend, because if there is anything wrong it he won’t find out until he gets back, which could invalidate any warranty claim. It could cause death!

aa
    Free Member

dont do it. Its wrong.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

fatboyjon – Member

He’s testing you. If you don’t ride the bike he’ll ask you to look after his missus next time he goes away so if his taste in bikes in like his taste in women, ride it quick or you’ll wind up under a fat lass. S’all true I tells ya.

good one! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

depends on the mate some would not mind some would go ape shit

pingu66
    Free Member

It is far easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission. You couldn’t actually ask permission anyway as he isn’t there.

One rule though, bend it, you buy it!

scaredypants

ask him

if he says no, only ride it when everything’s frozen solid

😳

mattjg
    Free Member

do it, it’s just a bike

drain

Ethical quandary sorted – I have full permission from the southern hemisphere 😀

Par-taaaayyy!! 😈

Top forum advice all round, as ever 😉

zerocool

I’d be pissed of if I was him.
    Maybe ask his permission first

deserter
    Free Member

well what was it like?

trevron73
    Free Member

No way ,do not do it , never ride a mans steed without permission , wait till he comes back of holidays ,tell him your dilemma and when he lets you have a blast for being a top bloke GHOST RIDE IT
    Actually i am kidding, wait man imagine how you would feel ,id be pretty cut up myself.

drain

@deserter – will give it a whirl tonight when I get back home 🙂

wwaswas

“awaits where can I get spare parts for an on-one fat bike thread*

gonzy
    Free Member

it’s better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven’t….
    you could call it storage tax…

qwerty
    Free Member

Fill the frame with lead.

br
    Free Member

as long as you are the type of friend who understands that if he breaks it, he pays for it…

rob2
    Free Member

Adrian – I’m off today but had an idea ics might be interested in. I need to tell you what our outcomes are too, you’ll laugh.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If it was my bike I’d rip yer gizzards out…..

If it was my mates bike, MONSTER HUCK!!!!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

First of all, build it up for him and make sure everything is alright with it and that there are no warranty issues that need sorted ASAP.

tonight, have a few beers while wearing your riding kit and see what happens! 😀

toxicsoks
    Free Member

tonight, have a few beers while wearing your riding kit and see what happens!

Last time that happened……………….anyway, the case comes up before the beak in a fortnight. 😐

tomaso
    Free Member

Do you mean up and down the street or a full on blast round the woods?

Personally you are ensuring that your friends product is fit for purpose and sorting any warranty issues prior to his return so he can enjoy the benefits of a fully operational and safety checked bicycle upon his arrival in UK.

atlaz
    Free Member

I went on holiday once and told my flatmate he wasn’t allowed to read my subscribed magazines on the toilet. Came home a day earlier than he expected and he;d upgraded from reading the mags on the shitter to moving the TV so he could see it from there and lining all the remotes (TV, cable, DVD, laserdisk, home cinema) on the bathtub. We had words and that was only about 3 copies of autosport and a motorsport magazine.

No.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Ethical dilemma’ is closed to new replies.