Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ethernet pass through adapter on an electrical extension lead.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Will it ?

1) work
    2) work, but not very well
    3) not work

It is a “dumb” extension lead without a circuit breaker or surge protector and will be the only thing on it.

mintimperial

You mean a powerline networking doofer? Should work ok, I’ve run them on basic extension leads before without problems.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I run one at the moment and it works fine.

Harry_the_Spider

That’s what I thought. Best to ask if anyone else has tried it before I move a bookcase!

I think that a surge protector or some other gizmology would corrupt the signal.

ourmaninthenorth

Fine in my house. For us, it’s the weakness of the broadband signal that is the limiting factor.

avdave2

They say not to use them on extensions in the instructions for the ones I have but fail to say why. I can only assume it may not work as well as it’s no longer on a ring and is using stranded rather than solid core cable. But reading above people seemed to have done it without issue and it’s not going to kill you or the device. Of course a kitten somewhere may perish so on your own head be it.

Harry_the_Spider

Plugged ’em in and it all works.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ethernet pass through adapter on an electrical extension lead.’ is closed to new replies.