Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ethernet Over Mains
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

Is anyone using this setup? Any recommendations/avoids in the way of kit?

DezB
    Free Member

My mate here in our Comms dept. Trouble is he's on holiday.. Sorry!

MrNutt
    Free Member

the ones that BT sent out worked (shame nothing else they did, did)

wors

I got some of thesefor connecting the tv to my pc. No problems so far.

carbon337
    Free Member

avoid comtrend adapters – stick with linksys or dlink.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Will they still work if they're plugged in to a power extension, or do they have to go direct in to the wall?

Mounty_73

I use these; http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

I have also bought these for many other people, they work very well, never had any problems with them.

Extension cables are no problem.

mst
    Free Member

I've got some solwise ones. They are piggy back ones, so you don't lose a socket

They get used intermittently and sometimes "un-pair" themselves, which is annoying

If you use them plugged into an extension the bandwidth suffers

elliptic
    Free Member

I'd just like to point out that every time you plug in a powerline comms device, god kills a fluffy kitten.

Nasty interference generating things.

elliptic (digital radio engineer)

😉

Del

digital radio engineer

do you design them?

i use devolo jobbies. keep meaning to buy a couple more – in fact this thread might just prompt me to do so.
    have had issues in the past using them on a 4-socket extension, but just unplugging and re-plugging it in sorts that out. haven't had to do that in ages though. i'm happy with them. one less source of microwave radiation around the house, and you can just plug 'em into your router and go. no messing with WEP keys or anything like that ( not that that is particularly complicated ).

Cletus

I have used Solwise 200 Mbps adapters and get 100 Mbps performance and no interference issues. There website has some useful overview videos which show how the adapters are configured.

elliptic
    Free Member

do you design them?

Yep – signal processing firmware for mobile radio, walkie-talkie systems and suchlike.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have some, not sure of the make, as they are at home and I'm not. Have had them for 12 months or so & no dramas, they say they do not work on extension leads but they lie, mine work fine 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Nasty interference generating things.

fluffy kittens?

Haze

I've got some Belkin ones, they've been flawless so far (6 months).

I was gaming over wireless and kept having hassles with Windows Zero Config – bad lag spikes when it would scan for alternative networks, no fun when trying to pilot in Battlefield 2 😯

I bought the 14mbps first which were stable but not much quicker than wireless. Upgrading to the 56mbps allows me to play perfectly even while streaming media to the TV downstairs.

Del

Yep – signal processing firmware for mobile radio, walkie-talkie systems and suchlike.

flipin heck. brain in your swede then – not what fills the space inside mine!

samuri
    Free Member

Used some for a while with my xbox, worked great. Bit choppy when I actually looked at the stats but who cares.

brant
    Free Member

Been using various Homeplug type ones for about five years or so. The boy uses one for his x-box and it gets the internet to my shed too. Works great.

Got caught out as there are two standards and have bought a pair that don't talk to the others.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ethernet Over Mains’ is closed to new replies.