Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ESP powder coatings Glasgow
  • gt900uk
    Free Member

Anyone used them and got pictures of the results?

Northwind

Never used them for bikes but I’ve seen a lot of their work on motorbikes- very good indeed.

craig1975
    Free Member

ive used them twice…

first time was in 2009, a Cove HJ, told me that the league time would be a week, after many phone calls and chasing I finally got it back, that was 3 weeks later, they did a really good job though, tapped up all the important bits, and made a good effort to blow out as much shot from inside the frame as they could, cost £40, i was a little frustrated with the time but happy over all..

the second time was last summer, it was shocking, the owner is a cheeky bar stuard and ill never be back.. the frame this time was a FS and it cost £70, told me it will take a week, the dude even promised me faithfully that he would have it back by thursday next week, less than a week, i said thats great ill come pick it up on sat. happy days i thought, this was on the sat.. so i call on the thurdy morning just to see if it was ready etc !? I was abruptly told by the owner that he never said such a thing and that it would not be ready for another week, and that was if i was lucky, he then rants at me “people only here what they want to f@$ng want to here” i was shocked at his attitude as i was nothing but polite to him on the phone, so at that point i got really pissed and hustled him, calling me a lier etc etc….. i got my frame back the following sat, a week late and the job was shonky at best, the powder coat had ripples in it and the bb threads where clogged, so where the bearings areas, and the frame was full of shot, I had rite night mare putting it back to gether, ill never be back,

since then ive spoken with others who have had car wheels done by him, there all saying the same thing, the guy is a tosser and they want be back, i also know a good local garage who used to recomend him, they also have fallen out with him…. so gid luck

ive heard good things about chameleon in renfrew

shieldsmtb
    Free Member

carrick enginering in prestwick done my old msc f4 orangewith a gold fleck through it for £40 . made a cracking job of it !

craig1975
    Free Member

chameleon metal coatings

ive never used them but ive been told good things about them, i’m going to give them a try next time

gt900uk
    Free Member

Sounds like they are one to avoid then.

I have had a frame done by Chameleon before(old GT Tempest)and whilst it was OK i am not sure i would trust them with my full susser and the finish wasnt fantastic. There was some parts that looked like there was particles of something trapped in the powder coat giving a rough finish and there was some media left inside. For the money i suppose it was pretty good, i think it was £40.

Do all the bearings need removed from a frame if getting powder coated or is it better to leave them in so the bearing locations dont get coated leading to fitting issues?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I live near Carrick powder coaters in Prestwick, and had my mk1 soul done a few years ago. Looked great, nice finish, but 2 issues – really poor masking off of BB threads, seatpost tube and head tube. Other issue was the thickness of the coating, incredibly thick. I had to file out my Front mech clamp to fit, and scrape away the coating from the seatpost clamp area.

Got a frame done at Chameleon in december, difference is night and day. Great job, apart from one wee tiny bubble at the headtube badge, which I can live with.

I did actually go back into carrick to ask if they could do the coating a bit thinner last time, but the owner guy’s attitude was shocking.

40 quid at chameleon, well worth it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve used the, tiny pic in profile I think. Great results, would use again.

Top tip for craig1975, if you’re going to go off on someone providing a service for you then do it after they’ve done the work, not before. Nothing wrong with you having a go but best to wait till they do the job for you.

craig1975
    Free Member

Gary_M. Good sound advice there mate, ill keep it in mind for the next time im being verbally abused 😉

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I’ve used ESP twice and both times had good service and results. First time was Kawasaki Green on my Inbred and they turned it around in two days! All threads etc were well masked.

Second time was a bright pink for my wife’s road bike. Again good results with only a week to turn it around.

I’d happily use them again.

gt900uk
    Free Member

I suppose they could be worth a shot

bencooper
    Free Member

I use ESP for almost all my frame painting – always been a very good job and done when they say it will be 95% of the time. Just picked up a clear lacquer frame from Trevor this morning.

gt900uk
    Free Member

That’s good to here Ben thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ESP powder coatings Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.