Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Erudio / Student Loan Co issues…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Got a letter a few weeks back yelling me I was 1.5K in arrears. I knew it was a mistake as I always send back my deferment forms (it’s a pain in the arse because I have to go and dig out my tax return, print off the relevant bits and send them off).

Spoke to a lady yesterday who insists they haven’t had any documentation from me since 2010!! Oh but wait, they do have a deferment from me from 2013. Ok, that makes sense…

This was followed by vague threats about my debt not being written off after the usual period of time. I guess CAB is my next step but I have no proof I sent the forms in – anyone else had similar?

spacehopper

they are pretty useless..

they messed up and didnt send out the pack with deferment forms in..

then sent out letters reminding people they needed to pay..

then sent out apology letters saying the deferment forms would be being sent out..

none of the deferment forms arrived for me and i had to phone up and get them to re-send my forms with the details on..

the deferment process can all be done online now though rather than posting stuff off.. though they still have to tell you by letter if the deferment has been accepted..

Duane…
    Free Member

Sorry, slight thread hi-jack.

From next month, my pay will drop below the repayment threshold. I’m assuming I can stop my repayments? I started uni in 2009. Do I need to inform the student finance people?

Thanks,
    Duane

user-removed
    Free Member

I’d imagine so – as above, easiest online these days.

I’m currently waiting for a call back from Erudio. They’re going to talk to the SLC to see if they can find any evidence of my having deferred. Got a feeling this is a fight I won’t win. Scratends.

spacehopper

not suite sure how it works..

but probably, yes..

and you will need to inform them, and provide proof..

best bet is to ring them and ask what you need to do.. they are usually pretty good on the phone..

its sending stuff the right stuff out in the mail at the right time to the right people they seem to struggle with..

Northwind

Erudio seemed good at first- they did a lot of cold case stuff and fixed historic student loans co issues. But it’s not taken long for them to switch to the old SLC policy of designed-in incompetence. Fairly natural; they can screw up and profit from it.

Basically, never trust them, never assume they’ll do the right thing because their idea of the right thing is just different to yours essentially. Registered post for everything, etc.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I could write a book on how incompetent they are. Top tip – if you reach a dead end on an argument with them (and you will…), look up their board of directors and copy them into each and every reply. Soon sorts things out.

legend
    Free Member

Duane, you’ll be PAYE I assume? So that change will happen automatically as your paychecks stop/drop. Defo worth a quick call to them of course

Northwind

It should happen automatically but won’t necessarily, overrun/overpayments are commonplace. Not sure what you can actually do about that though.

legend
    Free Member

More often than not overpayments are due to folk not declaring that they’re approaching completion though aren’t they? Therefore the PAYE continues until the end of that year

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers DL – I’ll do that. I fear the impasse has already been reached 🙁

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Good luck fella. I had beef with them over a five year period, they eventually admitted their repeated mistakes and gave me a £50 compo, which wasn’t really sufficient given the huge amount of time I had to spend dealing with some of the thickest oxygen thieves on earth. Fcktards, all of them.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

…clearly completely over it now, obvs… 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Erudio / Student Loan Co issues…’ is closed to new replies.